Coronavirus

17 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Talking about stock markets, listen to this for a few minutes... Still reckon the markets reflect reality and are controlled by rational people?

I'll acknowledge that this very respectable guy paints a slightly more serious picture than I have been.

One of the great points he makes is that we think nothing of spending billions on defence, but very little on preparing for situations like these. 

In in other news it’s madness at the shops here this morning! ?

• Like 1

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Accip74 said:

One of the great points he makes is that we think nothing of spending billions on defence, but very little on preparing for situations like these. 

In in other news it’s madness at the shops here this morning! ?

He made some really interesting points. Like how the Chinese markets are basically committing very serious health crimes with their careless biosecurity and food hygiene. Also how CWD is a serious accident waiting to happen, how our critical pharmaceutical supply chains are exposed, how our controls of bush fires has caused ticks to explode etc etc. Really interesting guy and podcast!

• Like 1

Imho there are real step the UK government could be taking to make it easier for people and they ain’t ........

They could suspend all council tax payments for 3 months

Suspend mortgage payments for the same time

Make utility companies do the same

All these people have lived off peoples debt and lived handsomely and it’s totally wrong they should get to go to all the weddings and none of the funerals so to speak.

Give people breathing space so that they can do the right thing and stem this thing while boffins get a handle on a vaccine.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

He made some really interesting points. Like how the Chinese markets are basically committing very serious health crimes with their careless biosecurity and food hygiene. Also how CWD is a serious accident waiting to happen, how our critical pharmaceutical supply chains are exposed, how our controls of bush fires has caused ticks to explode etc etc. Really interesting guy and podcast!

I wonder if we will modify behaviour and demand things be “brought home” in light of the fact that we seem to be totally reliant on China ? 

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, WILF said:

I wonder if we will modify behaviour and demand things be “brought home” in light of the fact that we seem to be totally reliant on China ? 

i hear what you say wilf  but that doesnt stop the movement of humans around the world ,you can be anyware in the world in 24hrs or less  

2 minutes ago, WILF said:

Mate! China have become a real issue for me over the past year or so anyway. They are a f***ing savage bunch with some seriously conflicting ethics and ideals to us in the West. Historically they have kept all that to their own back yard and not rocked the boat internationally, just chugged away taking what business they can so long as no one bothered them. Now they are building up their ability to project power, initially regionally but inevitably globally and they have aspirations to start to flex those muscles. Never mind this pandemic, we can't continue to treat China like they're not tomorrows enemy!

'We' make strategic decisions about energy supply, defence procurement, foreign investment, communications infrastructure, eg we refused to become reliant on Russian gas like the rest of western Europe did. Time we took the same precautions with our industrial supply chains dependant on China. Eggs and baskets....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Was in Sainsburys yesterday.

All the pasta shelves empty.

Frozen chips all gone 

And 1 pack of kitchen roll left.zero toilet rolls.

Crazy.why people feel the need to shit so much..

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, riohog said:

i hear what you say wilf  but that doesnt stop the movement of humans around the world ,you can be anyware in the world in 24hrs or less  

True, but should we ?.......we have been brainwashed with all this globalist “we need them and they need us” bullshit.....We don’t need a zillion odd marks and everything made in the 3rd world to get a car or bike or pork pie, we can do all that stuff ourselves.

4 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Mate! China have become a real issue for me over the past year or so anyway. They are a f***ing savage bunch with some seriously conflicting ethics and ideals to us in the West. Historically they have kept all that to their own back yard and not rocked the boat internationally, just chugged away taking what business they can so long as no one bothered them. Now they are building up their ability to project power, initially regionally but inevitably globally and they have aspirations to start to flex those muscles. Never mind this pandemic, we can't continue to treat China like they're not tomorrows enemy!

'We' make strategic decisions about energy supply, defence procurement, foreign investment, communications infrastructure, eg we refused to become reliant on Russian gas like the rest of western Europe did. Time we took the same precautions with our industrial supply chains dependant on China. Eggs and baskets....

Mate, 4 weeks and the world is shut down !!.......if that’s not a wake up call then I don’t know what is.

The fragility of European life based on what happened in China should be a kick up the arse for everyone.......we have to start investing in, believing in and valuing ourselves.

We need to take serious stock of what we are buying, where we are buying it from and who benefits.

Loads of us have been saying for years that the importation of 3rd world things and people has weakened Europe and this shows starkly that we were right.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, WILF said:

Mate, 4 weeks and the world is shut down !!.......if that’s not a wake up call then I don’t know what is.

The fragility of European life based on what happened in China should be a kick up the arse for everyone.......we have to start investing in, believing in and valuing ourselves.

We need to take serious stock of what we are buying, where we are buying it from and who benefits.

Loads of us have been saying for years that the importation of 3rd world things and people has weakened Europe and this shows starkly that we were right.

I just want to add though that I do believe in trading globally and not being totally isolationist. I just think that we need to continually consider the strategic picture. Are we exposed here.... Is this gamble worth it etc etc.

Imo we are no safer isolating ourselves than we are completely opening everything up.

We became a great nation because of our ability to operate globally, it's in our DNA.

Edited by Born Hunter
3 minutes ago, king said:

Was in Sainsburys yesterday.

All the pasta shelves empty.

Frozen chips all gone 

And 1 pack of kitchen roll left.zero toilet rolls.

Crazy.why people feel the need to shit so much..

2 regular bowel movements here per day, early in the morning on awakening, last one about 6 ish, always a good rich brown in colour, I dunna bother with bog rolls, newspaper carefully cut to size to suit my anal opening, im happy wi that

• Haha 2
Just now, iworkwhippets said:

2 regular bowel movements here per day, early in the morning on awakening, last one about 6 ish, always a good rich brown in colour, I dunna bother with bog rolls, newspaper carefully cut to size to suit my anal opening, im happy wi that

Anal opening ???

I was working in a small opencast years ago.

No toilets there at all.

We had to shit in the forest.

I asked the boss who turned up 1 day.

Why we can't have a thunder box.

On site for shitting.

He said to me have a shit before you come to work in the morning.

So I asked him how I can train my arse to shit in the morning.

He fecked off site then lol.

36 minutes ago, steve66 said:

Is this the end of the football season ? la liga suspended, prems looking dodgy cant see it carrying on 

Hopefully......its the only way my little Hammers are staying up....talk about an act of God !

Edited by gnasher16
  • Haha 4
3 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

while im here lads, im wondering what to do for lunch, any ideas