Coronavirus

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

Well I did the best thing in my situation....... instead of self isolating, I went to the pub ?

Just fake coughed to get a guy out of my personal space and he dove backwards like an Olympic swimmer ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Shit’s getting real now, and going to get much worse in the next few weeks.

In light of the recent panic buying, UK supermarkets have introduced the following purchase limits.

Asda: 2 hand sanitisers, 24 toilet rolls max.

Tesco: 1 Hand sanitiser, 18 toilet rolls & 2kg rice.

Co-op: 12 rolls toilet paper, 1Kg rice.

Aldi: 2 Trumpets, 1 diving suit & a MIG welder

• Haha 7
1 hour ago, iworkwhippets said:

Thanks for that matey, sense of humour, that's what I like, made me laugh, summat I don't do much of these days, now heres my humour, I honestly couldn care less if I woke up in the morning rigormortissed to fcuk, and heaving with maggots, and I can smile as I type this, a gallon of 4 star and a box of swan vestas at my side, side, just se fire to me, job done

Cheers mate, that’s cheered me right up ! ? ? 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Hmmm we'll see. I think they're taking basic precautions in response to mass hysteria.

In months to come we'll find out.

Do you think ?.......all they care about is “the machine” and they are having to stop the machine, or at least slow it down to a crawl......that is unprecedented mate.

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, WILF said:

Do you think ?.......all they care about is “the machine” and they are having to stop the machine, or at least slow it down to a crawl......that is unprecedented mate.

Yeah, because people are going to die and everyone is already absolutely shitting it so when those people do start dying the electorate will be screaming why the government hasn’t done anything to stop it. Now they can say they took reasonable measures mitigating the backlash. Im not really convinced the machine has slowed dramatically at all either.

Not being funny mate but it’s not like the government are privy to data the we aren’t. COVID19 isn’t something to be ignored but it’ll blow over and we’ll all just crack on like normal.

As I said, maybe I’m wrong. Check me in six months if so. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jetro said:

Screenshot_20200312-214425_Facebook.jpg

Be very interesting to see data about emissions and pollution after this little turn out dies down though mate......

I am a firm believer in Mother Nature will find a way to deal with everything and what we are seeing at the minute is what a lot of folks have been saying should happen for a long time.

We ain’t meant to be living in these globalised, multi cultural groups.....we should be sticking to our own places and doing our own things, eating what’s in season, making what we need ourselves.

I can’t help but feel this is a massive smack on the arse for globalists 

• Like 7
5 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Im not really convinced the machine has slowed dramatically at all either.

Stock markets all over the world would tend to disagree though mate ?

Edited by WILF
30 minutes ago, WILF said:

As long as I get my weekly treats of custard doughnuts, I don't give a damm about corona or climate change, lol.

Atb j 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, WILF said:

Be very interesting to see data about emissions and pollution after this little turn out dies down though mate......

I am a firm believer in Mother Nature will find a way to deal with everything and what we are seeing at the minute is what a lot of folks have been saying should happen for a long time.

We ain’t meant to be living in these globalised, multi cultural groups.....we should be sticking to our own places and doing our own things, eating what’s in season, making what we need ourselves.

I can’t help but feel this is a massive smack on the arse for globalists 

Yes, I have always said mother nature will reset the balance again, and we, the human race will be cut down to a tiny fraction of what we are. More than likely we won't see much change in our life time, but it's going to happen. The last ice age didn't happen because of pollution, it's a natural cycle of the planet, but in this case we the humans have speeded up the process, by polluting and raping the plant for her natural resources.  There's only so much she can and will take before she hits back.

I hope I'm around to see it happen.

Atb j 

• Like 4

JUST TO KEEP YOUR HOPES UP:

I live in Jilin Province in China. About the same size as Ireland but with a population of 23 million people. 

This time last month, February 12th, we had 93 cases. One elderly man died, 91 have recovered and now we only have one case being treated in a hospital. 

The lockdown for me personally was:

Just going out to a public place if really needed. (Like local supermarket)

Wearing a facemask and gloves when in an indoor public place. (I just used normal woolly winter gloves)

Washing hands immediately after being outside. (Just normal soap and water. I haven't bought any sanitizer since the lockdown)

Nobody over here stock piled anything. I don't even understand why this has become a thing. We didn't run out if anything in the shops. (You really are just washing your hands like you normally would)

Temperature checks are done by staff before entering any indoor public places, like malls, shops, restaurants. (Some took your number, to contact you if anyone that had been there tests positive and you can self isolate at home.)

Staying in most of the time. It's boring for sure. But probably the fastest way to beat this thing and have it over with, is to avoid public places, especially indoors, unless really needed. 

That's about it. I've never felt the need to panic. Binge watch your TV shows. Start trying different dishes to cook. Start a little project for yourself at home. Use this time at home to do something you wouldn't normally have time for. 

They've said, as of now,  2 weeks lockdown in Ireland. Don't fight it, there is nothing to be fighting about. The more you ignore it, the longer it will take to stop spreading. In turn, lengthening the lockdown. So just follow what is being said from the reputable sources, be smart, DON'T PANIC and it will be gone in no time. Stay safe Ireland!

• Like 10