Great wall of China

Well the wifes getting fed up of my nissan Pathfinder and keeps showing me pictures of a 12 plate Great Wall Of China Steed GW  , 50,000 miles 5K 

im for hanging on to the pathfinder to see what the mot throws up in september at least  any thoughts on these wall of china's ?.

6 minutes ago, The one said:

Well the wifes getting fed up of my nissan Pathfinder and keeps showing me pictures of a 12 plate Great Wall Of China Steed GW  , 50,000 miles 5K 

im for hanging on to the pathfinder to see what the mot throws up in september at least  any thoughts on these wall of china's ?.

Shite!

Cheers, D.

• Thanks 1

Oddly, I always thought they were crap, but the farm next door bought one as a farm run about, and it’s been bloody good, needs a decent tyre on it, but they have had it three yrs now, it’s never broken down, all the bits still work, it’s been abused and still does the job.

its ok ish to drive, not too uncomfortable, better on fuel than my ranger, doesn’t knock or bang, changes gears ok, 4wd goes in and out no issues.

What I don’t like is it feels a bit naff inside, you can just feel it’s a budget built motor, I wouldn’t want one as a replacement for mine, but for a farm motor for all and sundry to jump in and out off, drag god knows what round the fields, and generally not give a hoot about, it does the job just fine.

• 2 months later...

Someone I used to work with bought one brand new, he got it home from the dealership and his kids said "Dad, are you having a fire?" he opened the front door to find it engulfed in flames. He took the handbrake off and rolled it into the lane and it burnt out before the fire crew could get there. On the flip side I know someone else who's had one from new too with crazy mileage on the clock, its been loved and abused in equal measure and its still going strong. 

• 9 months later...

Awful awful awful.

Bought one with 13K on the clock. Horrifically failed it's MOT the next year and cost about £1.5 to put right.

Had to have a new steering rack not long after.

Back seat release failed.

Wing mirror glass smashed and they don't do just the glass so wanted to charge me for a full wing mirror unit.

Headlights burnt out. Had to take off the front of the vehicle to change the light bulb - £230.

Failed the MOT again on all bushes and front suspension spring even though it had barely done any rough work.

DPF failed to recycle and clogged up after a service.

New DPF - £450

Sold it.

Absolute dog sh!t vehicle.

Save yourself tears and heartache, spend a bit more and buy an Isuzu.

• Sad 1
  • 5 months later...

Keep your pathfinder till can afford something better. There heaps of shit farmers here back over them with their tractors to right them off so they can by a hilux or ranger. Haha

Edited by stevemac
  • Haha 1