John Park Book

6 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Somebody take a pic of the drawings in book please, been proper wet cold shitey  day here an I’m off tonight an could be doing way a cheer up ?

Good shout that man les ave a look at um so we can mock him tae feck 

I'll be delighted ?

v disappointed tbh.

i got on Kindle, so not seen those pics. That aside the content is laughable.

So one terrier had such a good nose on top you could loose it in a 1000 acre (yes one thousand) forestry & it would find the fox, not only that, it would only be 50 yards behind the fox when he broke cover & was shot??

Secondly a dog on a dig managed not only to bottle up a dozen animals, but because they'd broke through behind the dog he proceeded to pull all of the twelve one by one.

that aside it's the usual fell terrier ramblings about entering dogs into "bad spots" and they either kill the fox within a minute or get rescued after a few days. Do the these men have x ray vision to see whats happening through solid rock -  and do they bring a stopwatch to time the dog killing?? 

I've only heard good things about JP the man, so I assume he was having a joke at Frains expense.

save your money

p.s i didn't notice anything about the Wheeler outcrosses either

• Like 5

To be fair I'd say 90% of whats been written about terriers and lurchers over the years has been a load of bo**ocks or at least the truth has been stretched a fair bit.I haven't bought a book on terriers in years after meeting and having days out with a few authers and contributors to well known magazines and realising most of them are full of s**t.

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

I've only gone and bought it...?

I like JP so it'll be an 'interesting' read.

As for the author, that Middleton book was terrible and the Nuttall book is almost as bad.

It seems Mr Frain can't plan a single chapter and rambles on and on, often repeating the same shite just a few paragraphs further on.

I get what he's trying to do but he ain't got a clue how to do it and his books read like he had to scribble the knowlage in his head down about the subject in one sitting, lest he forgets..!

At least thumbing through the Park book i don't see any of those fecking drawings of photographs. Why anyone would include those and look so amatureish is beyond me.

I only hope this reads better than the last two... ?

2 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

As for the author, that Middleton book was terrible and the Nuttall book is almost as bad.

It seems Mr Frain can't plan a single chapter and rambles on and on, often repeating the same shite just a few paragraphs further on.

I get what he's trying to do but he ain't got a clue how to do it and his books read like he had to scribble the knowlage in his head down about the subject in one sitting, lest he forgets..!

At least thumbing through the Park book i don't see any of those fecking drawings of photographs. Why anyone would include those and look so amatureish is beyond me.

I wouldn't hold your breath ?

Cheers, D.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Best of luck bending your head around his strange ramblings Bosun, I've tried dozens of times to take in the pages of the other books and got nowhere. 

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, dillydog said:

Best of luck bending your head around his strange ramblings Bosun, I've tried dozens of times to take in the pages of the other books and got nowhere. 

? Cheers Dilly, it's gonna be hell but i gotta try...!! ????