Lead ban

That would stop your farting in church and i think you might say ouch that smarts when it lands ,but tis a lorra lorra lead ,which has really gone expensive since S/D opened his home for retired lead

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do use flintlocks, they are great. Can't talk about bow hunting, it's illegal. But if it wasn't......

Taliban have signed a peace treaty Gav ,dont think youl need all them now 

According to that video it is a voluntary ban they are looking for. None of the shooting organisations are legislators which is a good thing. I am not going to volunteer, but will continue t

Posted Images

On 29/02/2020 at 19:58, timmytree said:

Seriously! 

Who is going to take notice of a fifteen year old "gunsmith" that spends more time making crap youtube videos than actually gunsmithing.

On 29/02/2020 at 19:57, timmytree said:

There is nothing to stop you using lead! If you want to use it then carry on but very shortly you won't be able to sell game shot with lead. Sooner or later lead will be banned from shooting for good, maybe not for 10 or 15 years but it will happen.

Using lead shot is not illegal and won't be for a long time but there are alternatives and they will get better as time goes on.

When they actually do make viable alternatives ie: as good as lead at the same price then i will consider them. Until then i will continue to use lead as i don't sell game. I have enough rifle bullets to last me, my son and grandsons out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
22 minutes ago, timmytree said:

Do you ever actually take in what's said?

Rifle ammo is not affected.

Shotgun ammo is not affected unless you are selling into the foodchain.

If you don't want to change then fine, carry on feeding your family on lead contaminated meat.

There is no ban, just a suggestion that we change to lead and plastic free in the next 4 years. When the lead ban comes for real, and it will, then you can make the change. 

I am well aware of the situation thanks.

I won't be using alternatives to lead until they are truly a viable alternative.

Neither i nor anyone in my family has eaten lead, there is no need to if you actually look at what your eating.

Rifle ammo will be the next thing on the agenda particularly for deer.  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, timmytree said:

Do you ever actually take in what's said?

Rifle ammo is not affected.

Shotgun ammo is not affected unless you are selling into the foodchain.

If you don't want to change then fine, carry on feeding your family on lead contaminated meat.

There is no ban, just a suggestion that we change to lead and plastic free in the next 4 years. When the lead ban comes for real, and it will, then you can make the change. 

I spit it out. At least lead don't smash my teeth when I bite on it. Spitting bits of tooth out from biting on steel shot is bad, Nickel and copper ain't no good either but I guess the pro progress types don't give a flying fig about my dental health, after all we are evil killing scum bags and deserve every type of suffering possible!

• Like 2
6 hours ago, timmytree said:

So you end up with mouthfuls of lead shot which you spit out?

Funny that, ianm says he and his family have never ingested lead because he looks at what he's eating.

There is nothing stopping you using lead and feeding what you shoot to yourself and your family, lead hasn't been banned and won't be for years yet.

The way I read it the concern primarily is the shot pheasants and partridges that are sold for human consumption. 60% of what goes to game dealers is sold in the EU, they are banning leadshot game which is why the switch to steel has been suggested. If the birds don't get sold what is going to happen? Bury them? Cut the price of game by 50%? Only release 40% of birds next year?

The black and white world must be a very boring place for some.

• Haha 1
On 03/03/2020 at 17:50, ianm said:

Rifle ammo will be the next thing on the agenda particularly for deer.  

I was speaking to Fraser Lamb from SACS a few weeks ago and he said it's already been talked about carrying it over to rifle amunition, its just rifle ammunition companies haven't invested in alternatives as much yet like they have with steel in SG cartridges, so it will be coming, just a matter of when!

Edited by Gav
On 03/03/2020 at 01:38, Baldcoot said:

That would stop your farting in church and i think you might say ouch that smarts when it lands ,but tis a lorra lorra lead ,which has really gone expensive since S/D opened his home for retired lead

If it's 16lbs of lead you'd better have a standing order for toilet bowls with your local plumbing shop.  You'd have thought they'd have banned lead years ago with all those toilets going to waste.

PS They haven't banned housebricks yet and don't builders have a problem with Sh*tting Bricks?

Edited by Alsone