Lead ban

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do use flintlocks, they are great. Can't talk about bow hunting, it's illegal. But if it wasn't......

Taliban have signed a peace treaty Gav ,dont think youl need all them now 

According to that video it is a voluntary ban they are looking for. None of the shooting organisations are legislators which is a good thing. I am not going to volunteer, but will continue t

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, timmytree said:

If you watch the video from fieldsports Britain it shows that Denmark have been lead free for shotguns for 20 years now. without a problem.

Maybe if we have a voluntary ban by 2024/5 we can avoid a complete ban on all lead.

How does Denmark's muzzleloader guys do it?

Was interesting the fieldports Britain. Guy in Denmark said every one deliberately tried to get there guns to blow up whack all sorts of steel through them and in all them years never one incident. I have put high performance steel through my side by side and no issue. It is a 3inch mag though and been opened up

1 minute ago, timmytree said:

Not a clue. I can only go by what the Danish shooter said of his experiences over 20/25 years. They tested all sorts of barrels with all sorts of loads, nothing busted. No marking in barrels as long as the wadding and cup is right. They have had a lead ban all that time with no problems.

Plastic is also on the hitlist but their is a new factory in Italy producing non lead 12G with biodegradable wads, soon starting on 20G. That's funded by the EU so we know they are heading for a complete ban.

I see the sense in it but I can also see that sometimes we are just resistant to change, we have to accept change, otherwise we would still be using bows and arrows or flintlocks. I bet when scopes became available first there was old shooters moaning about them.

I do use flintlocks, they are great.

IMG_20200131_170429279.jpg.839f87584522fcd1c29b325e7e5c2b0d.jpg

Can't talk about bow hunting, it's illegal.

But if it wasn't......

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

If it's got anything to do with basic they'll sell the shooter down the river.   They have always done this in the past.  Not to worry though. I read that out in Ausralia they did a lot of testing with steel and as long as you keep to less than half choke there isn't any problem.  AND if the steel shot was rammed down a barrel all it did was create a bulge ring which was only noticable by eyesight.  Seeing as the guns were shot thousands of time afterwards with no failures of the barrels I dont see any real probs.  Make you own lead shot cùt you own wads. I've even seen experiments using lead sheet cut into squares and used as shot.  Where there's a will there's a way.   Still we will have beèn out of the eu a long time by then.  The danger to our sport is apathy and appeasment.  Still there ain't any plod on patrol in Kent for serious crime so it must be dire in counties further out.  Farmers getting robbed daily and nothing is done.  AT All . Keep shooting and don't join basic.  They're the enemy of shooting.  Fifth columnist s the lot of them.

• Like 2

"im sure the EU ban on hunting with lead came in end of last month but we were out so it didn't affect us over here."

We got rid of one of the most antihunting countries in EU.

In Sweden lead shot are allowed in forest and fields but banned in wetlands. Most shotgun shooting ranges are leadfree, steel works great for clays.

10 minutes ago, timmytree said:

This part of the report was supported by all the shooting organisations.

Petrol, paint, pipes and other materials had lead removed from them decades ago, as evidence of its toxicity mounted. Shooting wildfowl with lead was banned in 1999 but enforcement has been lax and research in England has found that more than 70% of ducks are shot with lead.

Lead as a metal is quite inert. Lead oxide and other chemical decompositions as used in paints and fuels were very dangerous as they are easily absorbed into the bloodstream.

Mercury is more dangerous but they shove it in yer teeth right!

In lay man's terms....it's bollocks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, timmytree said:

We are still tied in to EU rulings and new laws for another 10 months.

Theyve passed a law that states that now we have to have insurance like a car insurance to drive a lawn tractor (mower) in your own garden !!  Boris has said take no notice. We'll throw out stupid laws like this.

They're all as bad as each other.  What gives a few on a committee to make sweeping commitments to make rules just like that without consulting the memberships.  If true about the amount of duck shot with lead that shows what the shooting public think about it. Since when has a single person on this site had any consultation about any of this.  Out in the USA the shooting orgs would be fighting this tooth and nail. Not acting like some Judas goat

• Like 1