Lead ban

1 hour ago, Longshanx said:

I know it's a 5 year plan so I wonder who will come out first with a none lead 22lr round? I use Winchester 42grn hollow point at the moment and it's a cracking round. Wonder if any manufacturer makes a lead free polymer tip ballistic round in time? 

Think they are anti plastic tipped ammunition. They mention single use plastic components.

• Haha 1

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do use flintlocks, they are great. Can't talk about bow hunting, it's illegal. But if it wasn't......

Taliban have signed a peace treaty Gav ,dont think youl need all them now 

According to that video it is a voluntary ban they are looking for. None of the shooting organisations are legislators which is a good thing. I am not going to volunteer, but will continue t

Posted Images

According to that video it is a voluntary ban they are looking for.

None of the shooting organisations are legislators which is a good thing.

I am not going to volunteer, but will continue to spray lead around as i have always done. 

I have always been an "eco terrorist".? 

• Haha 4
22 minutes ago, ianm said:

According to that video it is a voluntary ban they are looking for.

None of the shooting organisations are legislators which is a good thing.

I am not going to volunteer, but will continue to spray lead around as i have always done. 

I have always been an "eco terrorist".? 

Agreed?

and I will also continue to burn diesel and ride my two strokes in the powerband.?

• Like 3

I have no problem with getting rid of single use plastics, I haven’t used plastic wads for years now and if they can get the price of the eco wads down and make bio degradable cases I would definitely use them ( or go back to paper ) but to try and ban lead is f*cking nuts, people feeding ducks bread kills more than lead shot does, unless it’s coming at them at speed 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

100,000....has any one actually found a bird suffering from lead poisoning? I haven't.

Playing devils advocate, but surely the only truthful answer to that can be "I don't know". 

I found this kestrel earlier. Not been shot but I have no idea what it died from, nobody could without doing some tests. 

But I tell you what; if there is a ban and that does result in 100,000 extra swans we'll have to put them on the GL ?

20200220_154220.jpg

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The kestrel could of simply starved. Many do. Especially with voles being flooded out.

You know what....what with Corona viruses. Climate change, rampant vegans. Electric cars, screw the bloody lead ban! I don't give a flying fig! Some Chinese individual will be willing to send me some.

Dumb country is completely FUBAR!

• Like 2

Death of shooting for many. How many people are going to fork out £40 a box for tungsten? Won't bother the Range Rover club. Screwed are the rest of us.

Maybe we should stop shooting. Imagine the outcry when there's 10,000,000 bunnies in the field and a box of cereal or 1kg of carrots costs £100 because crops are being devastated to the point of being in short supply. Imagine a modern day potato famine. That would shake a few up.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

The kestrel could of simply starved. Many do. Especially with voles being flooded out.

You know what....what with Corona viruses. Climate change, rampant vegans. Electric cars, screw the bloody lead ban! I don't give a flying fig! Some Chinese individual will be willing to send me some.

Dumb country is completely FUBAR!

Don't forget the ban on coal and wood too!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, ianm said:

Don't forget the ban on coal and wood too!

Yep. All my heating is stoves!

Ban it Britain. Land of the free. Where politics is  never used against the law abiding. Where we don't encourage crime by making dumb laws. And all the important laws are not enforced at all!

Ofcourse there is one way to circumnavigate all this jibba jabba, suck up to your local chief constable! You can do what you want then ?.

1 hour ago, Longshanx said:

Bet it doesn't pack a punch like the winny? as long as they keep selling them I'll keep buying them ?

They'll ban them because of the plastic in the environment.

The only answer is going to be a non toxic metal with a Specific Gravity. Unfortunately that points squarely at Tungsten. Lead free shot have been around for years now and despite all the research, only tungsten comes close to lead. However, without government subsidies, it's not viable due to cost.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Longshanx said:

I know it's a 5 year plan so I wonder who will come out first with a none lead 22lr round? I use Winchester 42grn hollow point at the moment and it's a cracking round. Wonder if any manufacturer makes a lead free polymer tip ballistic round in time? 

CCI and Winchester already do non lead .22lr rounds. 

They are cack. But they do exist. 

• Like 1