Had a vermin day on a shoot i do the terrier work for with a few pals and the keepers son who has also become a good pal over the last few years since iv'e been going there,a different part of the shoot than last year and we didn't think we'd get as many as last year but 52 squirrels,2 munties,1 rabbit and 4 picked pigeons saw the bag at the end of the day.We all took a wood each come roosting time but only a few more were added as the winds put the birds into the lower hedgerows rather than the trees we were all waiting in.

87557776_502579003781873_5118043575791124480_n.jpg

Edited by fireman
  • Like 12

6 hours ago, Dervburner said:

What a brilliant day, you could say I’m slightly envious. My favourite sport???

I don't normaly shoot nor have i ever wanted to lets say stand on a peg although many times iv'e had the offer,but that is fun and iv'e been waiting like a kid since the last one..:boogy:.I have another one on another estate i do the terrier work on this coming weekend and that day should see the squirrel numbers hit into the hundreds as no one has been keeping them in check the last 3 years and there's a 1000 acres or more of woodland on the place..Watch this space for a vermin 3 post :victory:..

• Like 6
11 hours ago, fireman said:

I don't normaly shoot nor have i ever wanted to lets say stand on a peg although many times iv'e had the offer,but that is fun and iv'e been waiting like a kid since the last one..:boogy:.I have another one on another estate i do the terrier work on this coming weekend and that day should see the squirrel numbers hit into the hundreds as no one has been keeping them in check the last 3 years and there's a 1000 acres or more of woodland on the place..Watch this space for a vermin 3 post :victory:..

Have a great day. I look forward to your report?

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Stavross said:

Cracking, do you do the munties with the shotguns, we don’t have them up here, I’m hoping for an invite for a go at them down south this year with the rifles

Yes with 12 bores,heavy loads and head shots,saves the meat which i have for dog food mate...

• Like 1
On 01/03/2020 at 08:23, fireman said:

Yes with 12 bores,heavy loads and head shots,saves the meat which i have for dog food mate...

Belting day that mate , I’d prefer a day shooting squirrels with a 410 over shooting pheasant from peg any day the week , them munty look perfect size for strait over open fire on a spit 

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Elchapo said:

Belting day that mate , I’d prefer a day shooting squirrels with a 410 over shooting pheasant from peg any day the week , them munty look perfect size for strait over open fire on a spit 

I used a 20 bore but did find the lads with the 12 bores were lifting the drays rather than rattling them about like i was,but that ment i just shot at them a few more times to make sure and did lift a few from there beds so i was getting into the dreys right enough ,one thing i will be doing is trying to find some more vermin days with the other keepers i know for next year as like everyone  says it's a grand old day for sure...:victory:

• Like 2