john wilson.(fisherman)

55 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Lovely chap and a credit to his sport.

He was a wanker who nearly got  chucked in a town mear very near to where i live when he told a kid to f**k off who asked him for a autograph when he was filming once,he had to be bundled into a car a driven off leaving the film crew to collect his fishing gear for him as the kids old man was a tad upset with him about it..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, fireman said:

He was a wanker who nearly got  chucked in a town mear very near to where i live when he told a kid to f**k off who asked him for a autograph when he was filming once,he had to be bundled into a car a driven off leaving the film crew to collect his fishing gear for him as the kids old man was a tad upset with him about it..

Sounds like another wanker that a bit of fame had gone to his head lol ?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Sounds like another wanker that a bit of fame had gone to his head lol ?

He was having a poor day getting bites and there were a few folk about watching him struggling so there was a tad of banter towards him,but still a bit strong saying that to a 10,11 year old kid..But we all have our off days eh..

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, fireman said:

Worked a stand next to him at the evesham festival 25 years ago...was a bit of a hero of mine I guess.. but wasnt particulary friendly and a lot of the matchmen that I was with/around weren't particularly complimentary about him....

Loved his programs though...and helped a young angler get hooked for life.

• Like 5

I went down to Norfolk for a weekend on wensum. I just had a quick look bout and booked a pub bnb. When I got there I recognised it immediately and it is where Wilson fished in an old mill pool. Think he had few bream from memory. Soon as I mentioned it in the bar the atmosphere changed. All locals couldn't stand him. Said he was really arrogant and not a nice man at all. I was a bit gutted.

Still, the Wilson I knew I loved. That laugh, juggling with fish etc. Always remember the one where his rod snapped playing a catfish and it was a rod he made himself, still got it in. He was the inspiration behind wanting my own fishing pond in my garden because of his pond he had.

Not everyone is nice, the ratio of twats to saints is probably higher in TV. He brought fishing to the front room of millions and got/kept people like me interested. It's something that needs to come back to terrestrial tv IMO but it won't because kids and even parents nowadays are more bothered about xfactor, love island, strictly and all that crap. 

Still have some of his dvds to show my little uns. Have passion for angling aswell for them to watch, another classic.

• Like 4

What the f**k was he alway laughing about the silly c**t ?

Soon as he hooked a fish he was like the laughing f***ing policeman........I’d have genuinely drowned the dopey prat ! 

I fished with Bob James  and he was a great lad to fish with, very knowledgeable bloke and not chuckling like a f***ing idiot every 2 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, WILF said:

What the f**k was he alway laughing about the silly c**t ?

Soon as he hooked a fish he was like the laughing f***ing policeman........I’d have genuinely drowned the dopey prat ! 

I fished with Bob James  and he was a great lad to fish with, very knowledgeable bloke and not chuckling like a f***ing idiot every 2 minutes.

Didn't let him near your misus did you?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
9 hours ago, fireman said:

Sounds like the problem was the Dad.

You don't think that it might have been an inappropriate moment to be asked for an autograph during filming? To be honest if I was famous I'd be really pee'd off at continually being asked for selfies, autographs and the like by trophy hunters.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Nicepix said:

Sounds like the problem was the Dad.

You don't think that it might have been an inappropriate moment to be asked for an autograph during filming? To be honest if I was famous I'd be really pee'd off at continually being asked for selfies, autographs and the like by trophy hunters.

There was a break in the filming and the kid chose his moment so yeah mate a total wanker and he was happy to take folks money and build a living out of being who he was so suck it up when folks what just a little back.. 

• Like 1