The farmers aren't happy

It’s all down to 2 things. Scumbags  with a lack of respect. As said, most go about their business and bag up and go. I moved a few years ago and am struggling for permission. Farmers are happy to chat but as soon as you mention the word lurcher they change their tune. Last one I asked said that he had a neighbour reporting lads lamping deer on his land. When he went up in the morning the electric fence batteries had gone. Few gates stolen and 3 whole roe carcasses left in the field. How do you get an in on permission when you got that to go against. Never seems to be the local lads though. 

• Like 1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add - on the occasions we find lads doing it the ok way, we just smile, wave and drive on. Or have a quick chat and tell them where they can go and not go if they want no hassle. They always l

the way I see it the majority are true dog men who know the score and behave. the other are just common crooks who have  dogs. 

where i hunt ,im great friends with the farmers ,tyla here can vouch ,when he was over we walked in 2 different areas and theres no hassle,if i was cheeky enough i could call in and ask for dinner ,i

Posted Images

It's a sad state of affairs. It makes you wonder who they are at times.

Like the so called antis that turn up at hunt meets. Of course you get the really crazy antis. But when groups of men, all dressed head to toe in the same black gear, balaclavas etc, like a military operation, bollocks it's antis! Then you know what's going on and you know what the main goal is and who's behind them...if you catch my drift. It will be the same for the farmers and alot of the problems their experiencing.

13 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

It's a sad state of affairs. It makes you wonder who they are at times.

Like the so called antis that turn up at hunt meets. Of course you get the really crazy antis. But when groups of men, all dressed head to toe in the same black gear, balaclavas etc, like a military operation, bollocks it's antis! Then you know what's going on and you know what the main goal is and who's behind them...if you catch my drift. It will be the same for the farmers and alot of the problems their experiencing.

Got me interested now, who do you think they are if they aren't sabs?

3 minutes ago, Tyla said:

Got me interested now, who do you think they are if they aren't sabs?

It’s anyone who is willing to act a pain in the arse for a few quid. Word on the street is that a couple of doormen near me are doing it to earn a few extra quid. Pay them more and they would prob come out with you and watch your back. 

• Like 1

I used to run my dog on a big patch of land we’re my parents live , went or for a lot of years never had any bother at all and when I was walking home a farmer pulled up and said I know you’ve been going on the land for a long time and said I wasn’t any bother gave me his number and told me to ring him of any nob heads were on there as he’d had a bit of bother now he just waves when he goes past on quad they don’t all tie you with the same brush but majority do 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, white van man said:

It’s anyone who is willing to act a pain in the arse for a few quid. Word on the street is that a couple of doormen near me are doing it to earn a few extra quid. Pay them more and they would prob come out with you and watch your back. 

I've heard of that but im sceptical. All the ones I've actually experienced have been pure sab. Personally I don't think there's any lack of enthusiastic lefties with a militant steak and a penchant for class war! Being an anti just comes with the territory. The league no doubt funds a few of the top ones but i doubt they need to do much for the foot soldiers. I think its a tribal thing like the football firms

• Like 2

Spend an hour in the company of some of the extremist ALF folk and you know they are for real. Once upon a time I spent a fair bit of time around extremely militant environmentalist protesters, and plenty of them are happy for a scrap - they are just marginalised young men, with little purpose, who need a family and a cause ....... their only aim in life is to be “on the front lines fighting them”, whoever ‘them’ is.

Re the idiots with dogs, sadly most of them come from certain sections of society around here.

11 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Spend an hour in the company of some of the extremist ALF folk and you know they are for real. Once upon a time I spent a fair bit of time around extremely militant environmentalist protesters, and plenty of them are happy for a scrap - they are just marginalised young men, with little purpose, who need a family and a cause ....... their only aim in life is to be “on the front lines fighting them”, whoever ‘them’ is.

Re the idiots with dogs, sadly most of them come from certain sections of society around here.

It's totally a "them" and "us" thing. People were designed to live in tribes so it's in built within us to need an enemy to skirmish with. Having a cause justifies that and gives you an enemy to aim it at. To a lot of them it's their whole life, their social circle, family, sometimes even their job. The idea that they are just rent a mob doesn't seem to ring true, around here anyway. Some of them know our local hunt country far better than the hunt! 

Getting off topic now, sorry.

Was the point about sabs not being sabs to back up the idea that it's not dog lads breaking fences, nicking stuff and leaving dead things about? 

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Tyla said:

It's totally a "them" and "us" thing. People were designed to live in tribes so it's in built within us to need an enemy to skirmish with. Having a cause justifies that and gives you an enemy to aim it at. To a lot of them it's their whole life, their social circle, family, sometimes even their job. The idea that they are just rent a mob doesn't seem to ring true, around here anyway. Some of them know our local hunt country far better than the hunt! 

Getting off topic now, sorry.

Was the point about sabs not being sabs to back up the idea that it's not dog lads breaking fences, nicking stuff and leaving dead things about? 

They shouldn’t be called dog lads mate. 

Off on a rant! I suppose the point is where does the money come from, to fund all of these anti movements. If your getting paid to cause civil unrest, then your no longer classed as a 'true believer' in the sense of the cause. You are now a 'paid agitator.'

Does that go on? Ofcourse in every movement from anti establishment, anti countryside, anti Brexit etc etc. Does it mean that there's not Genuine antis? No, but they couldn't keep it up unless there's outside funding. In my humble opinion, I have no doubt in my mind that there is a profound element of countryside disturbance in the form of vandalising farmers equipment, killing and dumping animals all to generate this public appetite for more and more control and the banning of anything else they happen to dream up in the chambers of power, whilst sipping on Perrier water and sucking on boiled sweeties. 

On an estate in central Scotland, you probably heard of this, government contractors are systematically killing all the red deer in this one area, lamping, helicopters, the lot. SNP backed through our European union buddies, why?  To hit government tree planting targets!

14 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

Off on a rant! I suppose the point is where does the money come from, to fund all of these anti movements. If your getting paid to cause civil unrest, then your no longer classed as a 'true believer' in the sense of the cause. You are now a 'paid agitator.'

Does that go on? Ofcourse in every movement from anti establishment, anti countryside, anti Brexit etc etc. Does it mean that there's not Genuine antis? No, but they couldn't keep it up unless there's outside funding. In my humble opinion, I have no doubt in my mind that there is a profound element of countryside disturbance in the form of vandalising farmers equipment, killing and dumping animals all to generate this public appetite for more and more control and the banning of anything else they happen to dream up in the chambers of power, whilst sipping on Perrier water and sucking on boiled sweeties. 

On an estate in central Scotland, you probably heard of this, government contractors are systematically killing all the red deer in this one area, lamping, helicopters, the lot. SNP backed through our European union buddies, why?  To hit government tree planting targets!

iv worked on a few estates this is hapning on mate there shooting all the deer off the hill to re wild the place its nuts all the cottages renovated for tourists iam sure they would rather see the deer than trees?

where i hunt ,im great friends with the farmers ,tyla here can vouch ,when he was over we walked in 2 different areas and theres no hassle,if i was cheeky enough i could call in and ask for dinner ,i am friends with most folk that own the land i wander on ,i think as ive aged ,the farmers dont have an attitude when they approach ye ,i park in their yard ,i chat with their wives ,kids ,family ,and go where and when i want ,i never have to tell anyone im thinking of going ,...i just turn up and away with me ,and take anyone i fancy with me ,trust has been built up and if i had to do what these scummers do to get a days hunting ,id defo pack it in ,id hold my head in shame if i damaged anyones property like that ..but its getting like that in places here too,and mostly its one element thats doing most of it im sad to say

• Like 7

Twats with dogs are not a new thing, I can remember losing a permission 25 year ago because boys I had taken ferreting went back and took pheasant with air guns on lamp, left gates open and pinched from barn. I bet I'm not the only one to lose permission like this.

• Like 2