The farmers aren't happy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add - on the occasions we find lads doing it the ok way, we just smile, wave and drive on. Or have a quick chat and tell them where they can go and not go if they want no hassle. They always l

the way I see it the majority are true dog men who know the score and behave. the other are just common crooks who have  dogs. 

where i hunt ,im great friends with the farmers ,tyla here can vouch ,when he was over we walked in 2 different areas and theres no hassle,if i was cheeky enough i could call in and ask for dinner ,i

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

The job is f**k in my eyes the is a couple of season left and it will be over I think the is some places you can still pop out and get a sharp run with no hassle but it's almost done Iv had nothing but hassle this season cars tuck off me the lot at one point I sed I was done with it but that only lasted 2 weeks lol but it is coming were i will have to make a choice is it worth getting your dogs tuck car tuck and band from driving 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

in fairness its asking a lot ,to expect a farmer to turn a blind eye to that kind of damage ,and get abused or even physically beaten on his own property by thugs with dogs ,the hunting folk dont need that kind of carry on in the sport,its going to be the end of hunting freedom for all the decent lads ....

• Like 6

Trouble is we are all branded like this because of muppets we are all classed as thugs and in some gang but the shitter is it's a few messing it for the rest of us I've lost perm because people poaching and wrecking gates and driving fields now the farmers wont have anyone on there what so ever 

What did the government expect would happen when they made certain quarry illegal with dogs all them years ago??‍♂️ they took power away from farmers who could dictate who they had on there land that had decent lads take care of things that had things all in hand if a land owner permits permission now to run illegal stuff he’s liable as well as the people committing offence so with the ban in place they’ve created a illegal competitive gambling racket were the punishment is hard if your court hence why vehicles are used damage is caused because of competitiveness to get to game an cash is king they’ve created big business for the for crimes an competitive gangs with bragging rights over the Internet to drum up more competition it won’t end an can’t end the only way it will end is if the governments  ban is over turned an rights to hunt are sold off to the highest bidder to hunt the quarry under license 

• Like 1

If I was a farmer and I had nuggets driving round my land smashing gates ripping fence down ripping ground up etc etc , Id have every single hare shot on my land so it wasn’t worth them coming on , problem is once they have one incident where stuff like fences and gates getting rammed  they tar everyone with same brush 

• Like 1

I live in the south east and I farm. Any sympathy I had had been rapidly removed over last few years.

Perfect example the other night - phone call about sheep on the road at an off lying bit of land. Big bit of ground with three groups of sheep up there behind electric, totalling about 1300 head of stock. But lots and lots of area that the sheep weren’t running on. Anyway, sheep on road so we go up at night to see why.

Some bunch of heros have gone lamping hares, ideal, now the issue isn’t the hares - it’s the fact they have gone around each set of sheep first and stolen the battery and energisers off each fence. So that’s about £900 quids worth gone. Then they have proceeded to run the dogs on hares through the fields with the sheep, stirring them up to f**k. Result - all sheep mixed up, electric fences smashed everywhere, sheep on road, in crops, almost on motor way etc. Half those sheep are in lamb also, so we spend hours and hours collecting them up, have a couple of abortions along the way. 

Beat bit us lads who were out, saw us, left the dog and f****d off. Of course, churning up crop fields all over on their way around. 

Now if they just went up lamping, stayed clear of stock, and didn’t steal owt.....no one would have known or cared if they were there and they could have bagged up and gone home.

Some weeks that happens two or three nights a week. We would never shoot a dog, but would gladly ram the wankers into a ditch. Oh but when they lose the game they just threaten to come back, burn your barns and batter you.

• Like 5

Just to add - on the occasions we find lads doing it the ok way, we just smile, wave and drive on. Or have a quick chat and tell them where they can go and not go if they want no hassle. They always look confused as f**k, when the farmer rocks up in his truck and starts asking about their dogs and how they bred haha. 

• Like 10
4 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

One of these days someone is going to get really hurt or killed I watched something a while ago and they pulled a metal bar out on the farmer but I'd put money on if the farmer beat them hed be the one in trouble which is a joke really 

One of my pet hates is a bully. When you’re the one in the wrong, to resort to threats of violence - makes you a true scum bag. The keepers, farmers and land owners around here don’t have an issue with hunting or running dogs - they have an issue with how it’s done. One said to me lately - they are just scum, the lowest of the low and deserve nothing but contempt. Same bloke has no issue with me running on his ground. 

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

One of my pet hates is a bully. When you’re the one in the wrong, to resort to threats of violence - makes you a true scum bag. The keepers, farmers and land owners around here don’t have an issue with hunting or running dogs - they have an issue with how it’s done. One said to me lately - they are just scum, the lowest of the low and deserve nothing but contempt. Same bloke has no issue with me running on his ground. 

Think most normal headed people hates a bully and yeah I dont get that there in the wrong and start threatening people ?‍♂️ its beyond me. The one of the places I've lost perm I got on with the farmer really well give him a hand a few times when he needed it and he said sorry to me for not allowing people on anymore but said if someone sees a lamp going round they know somethings in there and they come back. Another one will only let guns on now along as they have nv so no lamps going round and round but cant argue on any of there points they let people on and others ruin it 

54 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

I live in the south east and I farm. Any sympathy I had had been rapidly removed over last few years.

Perfect example the other night - phone call about sheep on the road at an off lying bit of land. Big bit of ground with three groups of sheep up there behind electric, totalling about 1300 head of stock. But lots and lots of area that the sheep weren’t running on. Anyway, sheep on road so we go up at night to see why.

Some bunch of heros have gone lamping hares, ideal, now the issue isn’t the hares - it’s the fact they have gone around each set of sheep first and stolen the battery and energisers off each fence. So that’s about £900 quids worth gone. Then they have proceeded to run the dogs on hares through the fields with the sheep, stirring them up to f**k. Result - all sheep mixed up, electric fences smashed everywhere, sheep on road, in crops, almost on motor way etc. Half those sheep are in lamb also, so we spend hours and hours collecting them up, have a couple of abortions along the way. 

Beat bit us lads who were out, saw us, left the dog and f****d off. Of course, churning up crop fields all over on their way around. 

Now if they just went up lamping, stayed clear of stock, and didn’t steal owt.....no one would have known or cared if they were there and they could have bagged up and gone home.

Some weeks that happens two or three nights a week. We would never shoot a dog, but would gladly ram the wankers into a ditch. Oh but when they lose the game they just threaten to come back, burn your barns and batter you.

As someone who runs dogs I understand you saying you wouldn’t shoot dogs but if it was costing me and my family my lively hood I’d shoot all the hares and rabbits and deer on any land  I keep livestock if it’s atracting them sort of people or I’d shoot there dogs , and befor everyone starts with the your a scum bag saying you’d shoot someone’s dogs blah blah your a scum bag if your going out ruining someone’s lively hood taking food of that mans kids table, ,, nothing wrong with sneeking on taking some for pot and off again but when people ramming fences and nicking fences and batteries to weigh them in well f**k them and if they said they’d be coming back burn barns down I’d be waiting and ramming there motors soon they turned up 

• Like 6
3 hours ago, poxon said:

What did the government expect would happen when they made certain quarry illegal with dogs all them years ago??‍♂️ they took power away from farmers who could dictate who they had on there land that had decent lads take care of things that had things all in hand if a land owner permits permission now to run illegal stuff he’s liable as well as the people committing offence so with the ban in place they’ve created a illegal competitive gambling racket were the punishment is hard if your court hence why vehicles are used damage is caused because of competitiveness to get to game an cash is king they’ve created big business for the for crimes an competitive gangs with bragging rights over the Internet to drum up more competition it won’t end an can’t end the only way it will end is if the governments  ban is over turned an rights to hunt are sold off to the highest bidder to hunt the quarry under license 

I'd really like this to be true but there was plenty of shit things going on before the ban too. The ban definately made it worse but wasn't the cause. The problem is that some people are f***ing morons and you can't legislate against stupid. 

There are plenty of farmers and keepers around shooting out any quarry that will attract that element. It's a terrible shame for the quarry and the countryside in general but what else can they do?

• Like 3

I think you'd have to be pretty mental to go in hard at people around here. It would just lead to constant agro. Best bet is just to seal your borders, and have a bit of a presence and hope they go elsewhere. 

Its just part of life around this part of the world. The worst bit of it is that its made people who are like us, with running dogs a target, no matter if you are a knob or not. Unless you are very lucky to have an in, you arent going to get permission, and even if they know you, they get a bit paranoid about the hassle from anyone else. You go stand in a field around here with a running dog and you get plenty looks.

Leaving dead stuff lying about is another issue, just looks real bad.

But its just life sadly, and I'm not going to get into a punch up over it or shoot anyones dog. And I'm certainly not going to shoot out all of the game.

One thing I will say though, f**k me can some of those lads drive! Their talent is wasted.

• Like 1