I’ve had better ideas

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I thought I’d give the sheep farm another go tonight, now the wind was still mental but at least it wasn’t raining, tonight I took little Hugo’s dad with me, I gave him the chance to shoot as he

After getting a phone call from the sheep farm informing me that a fox had been spotted in with the lambs I told him I’d be up tonight, now the wind is strong but we can deal with that, so I picked up

I’m getting rid of them for you, it’s not me who screamed like a girl and made 10meters in two strides? proper beadle moment ?

Posted Images

On 23/02/2020 at 00:33, Stavross said:

Well I thought I’d give the sheep farm another go tonight, now the wind was still mental but at least it wasn’t raining, tonight I took little Hugo’s dad with me, I gave him the chance to shoot as he has had a couple of misses lately and needed to redeem himself, I even let him use his chopstick shooting sticks, On arrival I noticed that a group of ewes and lambs had been moved to the top field as this is the driest place on the farm, so that’s where we headed, getting to the top of the field it was a few seconds before we spotted the fox heading at a good pace along the track towards the lambs, no need for the caller with this one, the lambs were doing all the work, as it was coming in at a fair rate of knots I told him to mount the gun, as soon as I lit it up he pulled the trigger, for a moment I thought the shot was to quick and another miss but the thermal proved me wrong, a dog fox at 85 yards, farmer over the moon and maybe Hugo’s dad has got his mojo back, after this we headed back to the farm for a bit of shelter and set the caller away with lost lamb, nothing else showed so after an hour we called it a night ?

AA9584DE-FE13-4664-937F-84806EAE7CFD.jpeg

Happy days, at least the weather was a bit kinder last night. John will be happy. Did Andy crack a smile?

I think I've just about dried out from the other night?

Popped into Gilsan Sports on Saturday and treated myself to a seeland hawker jacket and trousers, windproof & waterproof??? 

Can't wait for this weather to fook right off

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Longshanx said:

Happy days, at least the weather was a bit kinder last night. John will be happy. Did Andy crack a smile?

Popped into Gilsan Sports on Saturday and treated myself to a seeland hawker jacket and trousers, windproof & waterproof??? 

What do you think, have you ever seen him smile ?

with your new gear, it will look like I’ve just taken you out of your rapper next time we are out ?

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Longshanx said:

must be catching Ls...

im a tight git when it comes to shooting clothing, I just wear me site clothing but after all the crap weather I buckled and treated myself to a seeland craft coat on Sunday!

been out in it last night and today.. money well spent:good:

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Stavross said:

What do you think, have you ever seen him smile ?

with your new gear, it will look like I’ve just taken you out of your rapper next time we are out ?

? He'll only ever look happy if you trun him upside down ?

I've told you before, shooting times will have me on the front cover before long, fold out edition of course so they can get me all in?

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, si brown said:

must be catching Ls...

im a tight git when it comes to shooting clothing, I just wear me site clothing but after all the crap weather I buckled and treated myself to a seeland craft coat on Sunday!

You had better tell the farmer Si as they won't know who the hell the stranger is on their land.  Poser ?

I might have to take all my gear as we are off to Anglesey on Thursday for a few days, needless to say if these storms had been forcast when we booked, well we wouldn't have booked. 

Phil

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, si brown said:

must be catching Ls...

Happy days Si, my trousers were on the way out so only went looking for a new pair and ended up coming out with the matching jacket and a deerhunter body warmer ???

• Haha 1
Just now, Longshanx said:

Happy days Si, my trousers were on the way out so only went looking for a new pair and ended up coming out with the matching jacket and a deerhunter body warmer ???

should of had a run down to not so sunny Scarborough, my local shops cutting back on clothing to make room so I got it half price..

id be in hospital on a machine if id payed full whack! bloke in shop will be getting a whack too if it drops to bits:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, philpot said:

You had better tell the farmer Si as they won't know who the hell the stranger is on their land.  Poser ?

I might have to take all my gear as we are off to Anglesey on Thursday for a few days, needless to say if these storms had been forcast when we booked, well we wouldn't have booked. 

Phil

Matt white lives on Anglesey give him a nod, hes well into his sea fishing again!

I met up with him last year for a :drink: when I was over there.. give him a nod, he'll be able to put you on the fish

36 minutes ago, si brown said:

should of had a run down to not so sunny Scarborough, my local shops cutting back on clothing to make room so I got it half price..

id be in hospital on a machine if id payed full whack! bloke in shop will be getting a whack too if it drops to bits:laugh:

???Same all over Si, got 20% of my gear so saved a few quid. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, si brown said:

must be catching Ls...

Hang on a minute, I think I just realised why you don't see much when you're out Si!

You've got a white hard hat on, hi viz coat and trousers on ?

• Haha 4
26 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Hang on a minute, I think I just realised why you don't see much when you're out Si!

You've got a white hard hat on, hi viz coat and trousers on ?

Don’t wear ppe at the best of times sd..

they don’t say anything if you know what your on with but the crap kids get kicked off?

me super stealthy coat ain’t doing no good tonight I’m shootin out of the car?

• Like 1