Crow bashing.

I went crow bashing last night. There is a roost at the far end of a patch of mine. It's a good march for a pot bellied human after work to get there in time, besides, the dog needed a good walk.

Did ok, 10 down, most likely recycled by badgers and fox.

These crows are local birds and my good friend and his sheep appreciate it. It's a practice I do every spring to try and limit the damage from pecking eyes out of the sheep when they are in labour or stuck on their backs. It's called animal husbandry.

I was thinking of VIP vegans the other day, I wonder if they have ever been driven in a posh tarts vehicle to one of those flash ego filled celebrity events?

Wonder if the vehicle had leather seats, often do don't they!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BenBhoy said:

Good man bernard. I dusted off our Larsen traps yesterday & even went mad and ordered myself one of those round side entry ones. 

I run them all year, but quite often do gooders release my call birds and sometimes trash the traps. I’ve got two crows and five magpies at the moment, it’s at this time of year I try to catch or shoot as many of these corvids as possible ?

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, philpot said:

I am looking forward to getting on the crow with decoys but still a bit early as the buggers are not staying in one area. The rookerys in my area are protected !!!!!!!! WTF sheer stupidity but there it is.  

Phil

Who are they protected by Phil? I know they’re off the GL in Wales now.

8 hours ago, Dervburner said:

Who are they protected by Phil? I know they’re off the GL in Wales now.

We have a number of protected rookerys in and around the villages but not sure if this is a by-law that protects them but I for one am not going to put it to the test.  Wish to god they were not protected though.

Phil

• Sad 1