Collar I.D please

3 hours ago, MikeyMJL said:

Knowing my luck the other 3 wouldn’t work properly if I messed about! Is that how they are calibrated then?

Not sure 100% but working on them I think so. I think you have 2 like the unused one and I think they are copies. I guessing here but recon the guy you got them off ordered a copy when it came only worked to 5 foot so he complained got a replacement that worked hence the one you have that still looks new. Also hence the one that looks the same that dose work. Christ I hope you get where I coming from nearly lost myself lol.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, big napper said:

Arry do yo only fix your own boxes mate, do you recalibrate them

I do mate but don't want to start doing it as a job so sorry please don't ask. I'm not an expert I did work in a telecommunication factory for a while pick up a bit there but  I don't understand the whole MK 1 box. What I would say is 9 out of 10 boxes fail on the the on / off dial switch which is another potentiometer you can buy these on eBay in the ferret finder spares section, if you can solder they are not to hard to do.

As for calibrating a box it is tricky to get use to. I think if you have one collar that is working at the right depth then leave it as if you try and tune the box to another it will probably put the good  one out, if you understand were I'm coming from. Atb.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Arry said:

Not sure 100% but working on them I think so. I think you have 2 like the unused one and I think they are copies. I guessing here but recon the guy you got them off ordered a copy when it came only worked to 5 foot so he complained got a replacement that worked hence the one you have that still looks new. Also hence the one that looks the same that dose work. Christ I hope you get where I coming from nearly lost myself lol.

Cheers Arry

I get ya! ??

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...