Collar I.D please

Hi guys. Just picked up these 3 collars. Could anyone please tell me if the top 2 collars are micro collars? Only the bottom one is working properly with an lr44 battery in. The top 2 collars clicking is noticeably slower and the box won’t read them after 5-6 feet. Many thanks 

0FA185BF-2F4D-4E12-8934-B87389E3D4D7.jpeg

27817E83-BD8B-4C14-9F42-5CBBC90950CA.jpeg

C2E2B972-7DF9-465D-A921-47428EAA85ED.jpeg

905F5504-64AB-4949-B7DF-D0D984961742.jpeg

All 8 foot ones of the same type IMO . Not micros. The Caps can be replaced with TV Coax Cable Plugs Caps. Clean the threads with a small wire brush and the centre copper pin with a sand paper nail file.

Hope this might help Atb

Cheers Arry

26 minutes ago, Arry said:

All 8 foot ones of the same type IMO . Not micros. The Caps can be replaced with TV Coax Cable Plugs Caps. Clean the threads with a small wire brush and the centre copper pin with a sand paper nail file.

Hope this might help Atb

Cheers Arry

Cheers mate. I gave the battery terminals a clean and they work a lot better now. It’s weird how the bottom collars clicking is a lot faster and stronger than the top 2. 

4 minutes ago, MikeyMJL said:

Cheers mate. I gave the battery terminals a clean and they work a lot better now. It’s weird how the bottom collars clicking is a lot faster and stronger than the top 2. 

I've got three collars here 2of them click slow and the other one clicks fast I don't think there is anything wrong with yours mate it's just the way they are ?

16 minutes ago, MikeyMJL said:

You do get some that have a slow click. my mate collars run slower than mine and I can tell when they are underground which ferret is where. I would recommend good batteries though those cheap Chinese ones leak and corrode the centre pin. Giving the threads a good clean and I recon they will all read the same.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, pengelli said:

I've got three collars here 2of them click slow and the other one clicks fast I don't think there is anything wrong with yours mate it's just the way they are ?

Alright pal go easy on me, it’s my first old fashioned knocker box! I’m only used to the bleeping orange mk3

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Arry said:

You do get some that have a slow click. my mate collars run slower than mine and I can tell when they are underground which ferret is where. I would recommend good batteries though those cheap Chinese ones leak and corrode the centre pin. Giving the threads a good clean and I recon they will all read the same.

Cheers Arry

The thread for the collar cap? I’ll give that a go too

On 19/02/2020 at 23:00, MikeyMJL said:

The thread for the collar cap? I’ll give that a go too

Yes Mate the threads on the collar body and the cap threads need to be clean as this part is a connection and completes the circuit. The Caps are TV coax cable plug caps. So it you go to a TV installation shop pick up a few plugs take the cap off and throw the rest you have nice new caps and better connection.

Also the area inside the cap at the bottom where battery sits needs to be clean.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 1

Folk often forget that the old grey nocker  box ....had a few different transformations ......think there's a mk1...2 and 3...

Before they ever made the orange carrot.....I think that's why the collars all look slightly different.....

I also have a few mrk 1 collars that sound different...and as arry says it can be handy for knowing which ferret is where....

But I have the same with the mrk 3 carrot ....collars for that sound different ....faster and slower beeps 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Arry said:

Yes Mate the treads on the collar body and the cap threads need to be clean as this part is a connection and completes the circuit. The Caps are TV coax cable plug caps. So it you go to a TV installation shop pick up a few plugs take the cap off and throw the rest you have nice new caps and better connection.

Also the area inside the cap at the bottom where battery sits needs to be clean.

Cheers Arry

Cheers for the help

I think when the MK1 was sold with one collar it was probably fine tuned to that collar. If you bought another collar then it might be a bit out. I have fixed many boxes and retuned them to a collar. It is posable to tune them but it is tricky. There are 2 potentiometers pots for short these can be tweaked one at each end of the board.They are square on some boards.

IMG_1198.jpeg.28909203f50cd4ea2cc6ac059df86982.jpeg

IMG_1196.jpeg.9fac135e629addbe3cb6bf795e1098c4.jpeg

The white bit with what looks like an arrow can be turned with a small screw driver. A tip if you do decide to do this then put a mark on the pot so you can return it to its preset position. As I said it is tricky and takes patience, Take the board out of the box put wheel back on switch and battery back on, put battery in collar and tweak. 

If you tune one collar into a box others might be a bit out.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, Arry said:

I think when the MK1 was sold with one collar it was probably fine tuned to that collar. If you bought another collar then it might be a bit out. I have fixed many boxes and retuned them to a collar. It is posable to tune them but it is tricky. There are 2 potentiometers pots for short these can be tweaked one at each end of the board.They are square on some boards.

IMG_1198.jpeg.28909203f50cd4ea2cc6ac059df86982.jpeg

IMG_1196.jpeg.9fac135e629addbe3cb6bf795e1098c4.jpeg

The white bit with what looks like an arrow can be turned with a small screw driver. A tip if you do decide to do this then put a mark on the pot so you can return it to its preset position. As I said it is tricky and takes patience, Take the board out of the box put wheel back on switch and battery back on, put battery in collar and tweak. 

If you tune one collar into a box others might be a bit out.

Cheers Arry

Knowing my luck the other 3 wouldn’t work properly if I messed about! Is that how they are calibrated then?