How to find fox earths

Unfortunately with the laws and stuff today you cant really ratchet about looking for fox burrows, but if you can get in touch with someone who has permission to work fox legally may help you out... dont fall at the first hurdle.. if you think your up for it try and seek a mentor.. or you could find yourself in a tricky situation very quick... best of luck.

• Like 4

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Walk, walk, walk and then walk some more, there's no legislation on walking,  even if you're caught out snooping about on private land man up and ask for permission to hunt the land. I'll tell yo

f**k sake. He's a kid with a whippet and an interest in legal terrier work. Just answer his question or don't, what's the point of the kangaroo court? If any of you were as careful and paranoid a

He follows his local packs, in a stalker kind of way.  His face won’t be known to the terrier lads as there’s a balaclava in the way, he can’t read up on any laws as they don’t apply to antis it seems

Posted Images

Walk, walk, walk and then walk some more, there's no legislation on walking,  even if you're caught out snooping about on private land man up and ask for permission to hunt the land.

I'll tell you exactly how I got 90% of my land  bear in mind that times were different back then and although immoral it wasn't illegal. 

I'd walk anyone's land I wanted to  it added to the experience  ??

I'd find a nice fox earth and crack on and dig it, no harm done. On the odd occasion a farmer or land owner did come to me the conversation went something like this 

"WHO'S TOLD YOU, YOU CAN COME ON HERE ?"

God

"WHAT THE f**k ARE YOU ON ABOUT,  I OWN THIS LAND !"

No you don't,  God owns it, it was here before you and it'll be here after you, all you own is a piece of paper that says it's yours in this lifetime. 

"YOU'RE A CHEEKY c**t"

Yes but I'm here and the dogs in, what's the problem  ?

"f***ing ASK NEXT TIME"

Which is your farm then, hello my names .........?

• Like 6
  • Haha 7
42 minutes ago, dillydog said:

Walk, walk, walk and then walk some more, there's no legislation on walking,  even if you're caught out snooping about on private land man up and ask for permission to hunt the land.

I'll tell you exactly how I got 90% of my land  bear in mind that times were different back then and although immoral it wasn't illegal. 

I'd find a nice fox earth and crack on and dig it, no harm done. On the odd occasion a farmer or land owner did come to me the conversation went something like this 

God

No you don't,  God owns it, it was here before you and it'll be here after you, all you own is a piece of paper that says it's yours in this lifetime. 

"YOU'RE A CHEEKY c**t"

"f***ing ASK NEXT TIME"

Would having a bible next to the red box reinforce the god told me conversation do you think mate.

• Haha 2
10 minutes ago, dillydog said:

I thought the red box was a bible 

I can't argue with that.

Saying that mind.

Most terrierman have more faith in the red box than they do in the bible.

If I told a farmer god told me to dig here 

My luck he would talk me into going to church on Sunday ?

2 hours ago, dillydog said:

God

"YOU'RE A CHEEKY c**t"

"f***ing ASK NEXT TIME"

Neck like a jockeys bollocks ?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, dillydog said:

God

"YOU'RE A CHEEKY c**t"

"f***ing ASK NEXT TIME"

If you tried that on some of the farmers I know they would arrange it so that you could personally meet God that day ??

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, dillydog said:

God

"YOU'RE A CHEEKY c**t"

"f***ing ASK NEXT TIME"

Don’t take this the wrong way, as I’ve done similar and I think you’re a decent bloke. But that kind of chat with some of the farmers I know and they’d just think you were a massive bell end.

Ivr been caught similar on land I wasn’t meant to pre ban and just said, look, dogs lined a fox to here and I’m killing this fox as it’s killing lambs in area etc. Just unfortunate it’s ended up on your patch, sorry if it’s a bother.

And usually they just let you crack on. 

No offense taken, I didn't give two fucks, I knew the law and at the time it was on my side, I was one of the test cases when they tried to bring in the law of digging without permission,  it got kicked out if court but they eventually got it passed.

At the time there was no law against taking vermin,  damaging land or property yes, but not actually taking vermin like fox.

I didn't have anyone to learn from and it showed.

Edited by dillydog
  • Like 1

Used to be a law that said you could follow a hunted animal wherever  it took you and deal with it within reason .

Used same law years ago to get us out a sticky situation when lurchers and terrier running free ran a fox onto National trust ground and we found the lurchers marking an earth .Luckily terrier was collared up with the old Deben and we made a start only to get caught by some busy body who phoned the law saying it was a badger sette .We broke through to a fox just as we got swarmed on by coppers, chopper in the valley ,the lot .Arrested ,de arrested and on our way all on the same day .Looking back it was lucky as there was both in and dog could of found either .

If your truly set on working terriers mate you will find a way ,with or without a mentor or any advice on here .

• Like 5