Crazy little piggy lol

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like the Boer goats, but like sheep, I don’t like the fact you are meant to medicate them so much. I lost a load of sheep to Fluke the other year, we suffer bad with fluke here in the west of I

I'm just picturing thick cut white bread, butter, chef brown sauce and them lovely beauties sizzling away on the pan lol. They look a picture of health, a credit to you Atb j 

You see all these programmes on the telly mate and everyone is ticking along, up to their elbows building things out of rock with their bare hands etc etc.......my experience has not been like that I

Posted Images

Just now, Gav said:

Long gone are the days where you could get slop for free from kitchens, it's not cheap any more to feed em!

Illegal to feed swill here mate, I feed cow crunch and rolled oats and they graze free range.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WILF said:

Illegal to feed swill here mate, I feed cow crunch and rolled oats and they graze free range.

Nothing but mud even in summer, oats, sheep nuts and whatever presents itself, thay ain't fussy ?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, jetro said:

Seen one neighbour, with wild boar. Big brute, with a temper to match. Never asked how it turned out. 

Any of you gentlemen have them

Atb j 

I reared a couple of wild boar crosses, they were fine and they tasted amazing 

2 minutes ago, WILF said:

I reared a couple of wild boar crosses, they were fine and they tasted amazing 

He bought these off the dealer, up in mayo some place,  think it was 60 quid he paid for them, slow enough to grow he said, but when they did grow, they were big and touchy

Atb j 

11 minutes ago, jetro said:

Proper meat with a good healthy layer of fat imo.

We had a small piggery, a small shed which into a small field. Easier to handle. I would do things differently now if I had them again though.

Atb j 

5AA0B8BE-7D55-4275-A6AA-A2F1AD6311D7.jpeg.dca14dbefa5ec0e8990f383495540d25.jpeg

I made €80 each of these little rascals and nobody batted an eyelid at the price.

• Like 3
Just now, WILF said:

5AA0B8BE-7D55-4275-A6AA-A2F1AD6311D7.jpeg.dca14dbefa5ec0e8990f383495540d25.jpeg

I made €80 each of these little rascals and nobody batted an eyelid at the price.

I'm just picturing thick cut white bread, butter, chef brown sauce and them lovely beauties sizzling away on the pan lol.

They look a picture of health, a credit to you

Atb j 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, jetro said:

That's a good fair price, well worth it.

Atb j 

They turned out exactly how I wanted actually so I kept back a brother & sister and I will breed them together and see how they turn out.

1 minute ago, jetro said:

Isn't funny how years ago, every one with a bit of land, small holding, kept a pig or two, some hens and ducks for the table.

Not many do it now, myself included. 

Shame really. 

Atb j 

I always find it strange that most lads here keep cattle and yet they have never eaten their own beef ......they shop at Supervalue instead which I just think is mental.

• Like 1
Just now, WILF said:

They turned out exactly how I wanted actually so I kept back a brother & sister and I will breed them together and see how they turn out.

Should come good, can't see why not. 

Atb j 

• Like 1