Lurcher going to ground

1 hour ago, Moocher71 said:

I like bedy whippets but id rather have a bedy grey ,still some good bedy whippets about if bred from right stock ,but to many bred for £££ and nothing else which is a shame as they destroying a good type .

Whiplington the new name for beddy whippet with price tag to match the fancy new name , seems tobe the in breed for pet homes nowadays 

• Like 1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funny thing is there lads out there with beddy whippets trying get to ground on fox and most beddy owners struggle get them to ground at all lol  who new the answer to the problem of digging bedd

Yes they not shy ,my old 3quater whippet he go into anything and break is heart to get at it ,I miss taking him out but not the hide my eyes moments , i rate the whippet above any small lurcher o

Wish my dog would mark a fox full stop! Let alone try and do the job itself ?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Moocher71 said:

I like bedy whippets but id rather have a bedy grey ,still some good bedy whippets about if bred from right stock ,but to many bred for £££ and nothing else which is a shame as they destroying a good type .

Ruining a good breed now I’ve never seen a pure beddy that will work like like they used to my beddy bull whippet was 20 quid just had to give the lad money for jabs lol I’ve seen them on pets at home for 500 quid what a f***ing joke

• Like 1
1 minute ago, tank34 said:

Whiplington the new name for beddy whippet with price tag to match the fancy new name , seems tobe the in breed for pet homes nowadays 

I saw a woman with too rescue greyhounds saw her regular one was a beddy cross I asked her about them one day and she was a complete mupppet she never had them off the lead because she said they were too fast if you cant exercise them what is the point so I then said I’ll have  them and she told me to get lost lol all these beddys and lurchers now never leave the sofa animal cruelty if you asked me not us boys working them day in day out wich one has the better life 

I’ve seen whiplingtons for £750 bloody crazy money it’s not doing the bedlington lurcher any favours but then again nor are the people that are breeding straight bedlingtons with there greed an breeding for names charging high price tags the only way types or breeds prosper in the working game is working homes at working mans prices to get them the work good workers go back in the shit gets discontinued but money changes the goal post 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, poxon said:

I’ve seen whiplingtons for £750 bloody crazy money it’s not doing the bedlington lurcher any favours but then again nor are the people that are breeding straight bedlingtons with there greed an breeding for names charging high price tags the only way types or breeds prosper in the working game is working homes at working mans prices to get them the work good workers go back in the shit gets discontinued but money changes the goal post 

I agree mate ,no gn stuff left they in a world of there own if they think they have his line ? They might say rillington and granitor but it's fanny to get ££££!

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, poxon said:

bit of luck they will fall out of favour with the jemimas and tarquin brigade. saw cockerpoos last week at £1200.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, fred90 said:

bit of luck they will fall out of favour with the jemimas and tarquin brigade. saw cockerpoos last week at £1200.

I got a pup off a lad on here met him half way about a hour and half each and wouldn’t take Penny off me not even for Diesel and there’s c**ts charging a grand for a lap dog 

On 19/02/2020 at 14:01, Elchapo said:

Funny thing is there lads out there with beddy whippets trying get to ground on fox and most beddy owners struggle get them to ground at all lol 

who new the answer to the problem of digging beddys would be ad a bit whippet ?

Adding the blood allows the beddy x whippet to pull red stags on top... Can't see why it wouldn't make them better digging dogs as well ;)

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, fred90 said:

I once saw some pups for sale they looked like merle whippets. they were 7/8ths whippet and 1/8th collie all threw merle often wonder how they turned out. 

I see collie whippet and they good rabbit ,mooching dog ,put back to a grey better for bigger stuff but handy all the same 

1 hour ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

I saw a woman with too rescue greyhounds saw her regular one was a beddy cross I asked her about them one day and she was a complete mupppet she never had them off the lead because she said they were too fast if you cant exercise them what is the point so I then said I’ll have  them and she told me to get lost lol all these beddys and lurchers now never leave the sofa animal cruelty if you asked me not us boys working them day in day out wich one has the better life 

See some on park never of lead ask why rescue centre tell then not to let of lead shame really but better in good home then stuck in kennels at centre , a woman walks to of lead up post hill her two ran an killed deer police came told her deer belongs to no one just sent her on her way still let's em both run all over she told me twats for getting fox 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, poxon said:

Beddy whippet sit on Facebook not many are worked an most days someone asking for beddy whippet as pets most litter are sold before hit the ground 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Iv said it since I was a teen, never saw need for smaller lurchers, lose too much from the whippet an don’t gain an awful lot back?

That's why I like 3/4 whippet as you are getting all the goods,1/2 crosses are not one or the other(not saying they can't be great dogs) but adding 1/4, say terrier blood for vermin or !/4 staghound for bush sense,you are still getting a fast dog with a little more edge.And most still retain the great whippet temp.

7 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

That's why I like 3/4 whippet as you are getting all the goods,1/2 crosses are not one or the other(not saying they can't be great dogs) but adding 1/4, say terrier blood for vermin or !/4 staghound for bush sense,you are still getting a fast dog with a little more edge.And most still retain the great whippet temp.

Half x whippet bedlington to me don’t make no sence when a bedlington greyhound isn’t a big dog a f1 beddy whippet it’s not one nor the other but terrier whippet x f1 whippet greyhound or other larger sighthound makes sense but then again people have to start somewhere I don’t think I’d own a Little whippet x again I’d rather have a straight work bred whippet if I had to have a whippet size dog I’ve found in our country your to restricted with small dogs you got to have a medium/large type an be ready for anything no point in a small dog that has to run twice as hard to cover the same ground distance as a medium size dog little dogs are hard pushed 

2 hours ago, poxon said:

Half x whippet bedlington to me don’t make no sence when a bedlington greyhound isn’t a big dog a f1 beddy whippet it’s not one nor the other but terrier whippet x f1 whippet greyhound or other larger sighthound makes sense but then again people have to start somewhere I don’t think I’d own a Little whippet x again I’d rather have a straight work bred whippet if I had to have a whippet size dog I’ve found in our country your to restricted with small dogs you got to have a medium/large type an be ready for anything no point in a small dog that has to run twice as hard to cover the same ground distance as a medium size dog little dogs are hard pushed 

Yep the bedy grey f1 not a big jook and maybe 23/24  at the top end I'd rather have this x than a whippet x bed ,

its all down to what we need in a jook and the land we work .

i like a dog to be able to handle anything we come across and so far my bedy grey not let me down ,if I was going to take a litter out of her it would be deerhound or collie Type lurcher over her ,I was offered to use a Wheaton x but to much terrier in the mix .