Lurcher going to ground

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funny thing is there lads out there with beddy whippets trying get to ground on fox and most beddy owners struggle get them to ground at all lol  who new the answer to the problem of digging bedd

Yes they not shy ,my old 3quater whippet he go into anything and break is heart to get at it ,I miss taking him out but not the hide my eyes moments , i rate the whippet above any small lurcher o

Wish my dog would mark a fox full stop! Let alone try and do the job itself ?

Posted Images

I got a bedy whippet x Russel fly to ground and she will fold herself up to get to it ,

a old terrier man had whippet x Russel that worked brock fox back in the day and he rated it as one of his best earth dogs !!!

Bert griptons "tess" was a whippet x Russel ,and like above he rated this jook above all others at that time .

Edited by Moocher71
  • Like 2

That would do my nut if I wanted a dog for mooching an running stuff but ended up having to take a shovel everywhere I went because the fecker was dropping to ground the idea of owning a running dog for running stuff an the thought of having to use my little arms to shift dirt don’t sound to appealing to me if it did I’d own a terrier id rather you than me 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

I got a bedy whippet x Russel fly to ground and she will fold herself up to get to it ,

a old terrier man had whippet x Russel that worked brock fox back in the day and he rated it as one of his best earth dogs !!!

Bert griptons "tess" was a whippet x Russel ,and like above he rated this jook above all others at that time .

I haven't seen many whippets afraid to mix it with any game.

3 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I haven't seen many whippets afraid to mix it with any game.

Yes they not shy ,my old 3quater whippet he go into anything and break is heart to get at it ,I miss taking him out but not the hide my eyes moments ,

i rate the whippet above any small lurcher or pure sight hound ,they just punch well above there wait ,

atb 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Moocher71 said:

Yes they not shy ,my old 3quater whippet he go into anything and break is heart to get at it ,I miss taking him out but not the hide my eyes moments ,

i rate the whippet above any small lurcher or pure sight hound ,they just punch well above there wait ,

atb 

a good Whippet takes some beating but I always prefer a bit of outcross in them. 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Iv said it since I was a teen, never saw need for smaller lurchers, lose too much from the whippet an don’t gain an awful lot back?

Yep you don't need mini lurcher just get a whippet ,you might get better coat ,skin but nothing else .

of course if you want terrier x best to go to greyhound that's why I chose a bedy grey , bigger stronger kind of jook ,

• Like 1
3 hours ago, fred90 said:

a good Whippet takes some beating but I always prefer a bit of outcross in them. 

3 hours ago, fred90 said:

I like bedy whippets but id rather have a bedy grey ,still some good bedy whippets about if bred from right stock ,but to many bred for £££ and nothing else which is a shame as they destroying a good type .

37 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

I like bedy whippets but id rather have a bedy grey ,still some good bedy whippets about if bred from right stock ,but to many bred for £££ and nothing else which is a shame as they destroying a good type .

I once saw some pups for sale they looked like merle whippets. they were 7/8ths whippet and 1/8th collie all threw merle often wonder how they turned out.