Bolting bitch

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's all we have so full on digging dog be no good for us the bitch we use can shift em out of places like that if fox will not move she will come out drop back in she no hard dog but will mix it up t

My mate has 1, I have tried everything to get her, he’s having none of it lol  that’s here the brown and white headed 1,  the tricolour Russell I had a few years back, she was a demon at foxes! Would

Horses for courses, I wouldn't enter a digging dog in a place like that because 1st it can't be dug and 2nd I'd end up without a dog, but if I had a dog that would only do say half an hour and then ap

Posted Images

Said it before but saying it again .

Not a problem with yo yo dogs but call it anything else and yes I do have a problem .Trouble is some lads will call it a digging dog when selling litters .

Most lads with the yo yo type are just too lazy to dig Ive found ,like the thought ,talk the talk but sadly can’t walk the walk .

You put your dog in there?

It must be no good.

I wouldn't put my dog in there.

It's too good.

and repeat

If there was a thread on here looking for a torx driver, you'd be told you're a fool. They're shit, you need a Phillips.

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Bryan said:

You put your dog in there?

It must be no good.

I wouldn't put my dog in there.

It's too good.

and repeat

If there was a thread on here looking for a torx driver, you'd be told you're a fool. They're shit, you need a Phillips.

??? why no good ??  Do you work rock ?? Entering a dog any we're dog can end up dead , love hearing my dog to good to go in there when what you mean is your digging dog could not find it's ass hole in a rock pile , as said so many time the bitch is a bolting rock dog repeat not a digging dog , great dog for us but not for some 

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, tank34 said:

??? why no good ??  Do you work rock ?? Entering a dog any we're dog can end up dead , love hearing my dog to good to go in there when what you mean is your digging dog could not find it's ass hole in a rock pile , as said so many time the bitch is a bolting rock dog repeat not a digging dog , great dog for us but not for some 

Horses for courses, I wouldn't enter a digging dog in a place like that because 1st it can't be dug and 2nd I'd end up without a dog, but if I had a dog that would only do say half an hour and then appear back out or if I kept one that could be called out then I wouldn't have a problem with such a place but thankfully we have none like it about me, like I said horses for courses and a lot of foxes can be got with a  10 minute wonder dog,I remember a little Russell a friend had years back that would go in do 10min and out, then it was a case of sitting quiet for a few minutes and almost every time the fox would come out itself to a waiting gun,but just not my type but everyone to their own, as fd said the only problem I'd have is lads selling pups of such dogs and the ad saying out and out digging dogs. 

• Like 7
17 minutes ago, tank34 said:

Think you’ve taken Bryan’s post wrong there mate he’s saying the same thing as you ,, dogs for jobs , think he was saying that people will say they wouldn’t put there dog in there as it’s to good and same people say if work a rock pile then the dogs are no good , 

as he said if some one asked for a torx driver ( what ever that is ) then you’d have a million people saying it’s shit you need a Phillips , 

truth is dogs for jobs you wouldn’t chuck a rock hard stay till dig to type a dog in a place you can’t dig and you wouldn’t chuck a dog in a set what only stays half  hour with quarry that won’t move  as you’ll be dropping loads holes for nothing ,,, dogs for jobs , aslong as the dogs are bred for purpose  for work intended and not just chucked together and sold on with big dreams to make money then it’s each to there own , 

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, tank34 said:

I think you've read that wrong mate. The way I read it I took that he shares your view. :thumbs:

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, fat man said:

Horses for courses, I wouldn't enter a digging dog in a place like that because 1st it can't be dug and 2nd I'd end up without a dog, but if I had a dog that would only do say half an hour and then appear back out or if I kept one that could be called out then I wouldn't have a problem with such a place but thankfully we have none like it about me, like I said horses for courses and a lot of foxes can be got with a  10 minute wonder dog,I remember a little Russell a friend had years back that would go in do 10min and out, then it was a case of sitting quiet for a few minutes and almost every time the fox would come out itself to a waiting gun,but just not my type but everyone to their own, as fd said the only problem I'd have is lads selling pups of such dogs and the ad saying out and out digging dogs. 

The bitch will stay hour or more come out find difrent way in do same again till bolts or we give fox best when she comes out again he said the dog much be no good , when people don't work rock how can say dog no good as said so many times she not a digging dog 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Think you’ve taken Bryan’s post wrong there mate he’s saying the same thing as you ,, dogs for jobs , think he was saying that people will say they wouldn’t put there dog in there as it’s to good and same people say if work a rock pile then the dogs are no good , 

as he said if some one asked for a torx driver ( what ever that is ) then you’d have a million people saying it’s shit you need a Phillips , 

truth is dogs for jobs you wouldn’t chuck a rock hard stay till dig to type a dog in a place you can’t dig and you wouldn’t chuck a dog in a set what only stays half  hour with quarry that won’t move  as you’ll be dropping loads holes for nothing ,,, dogs for jobs , aslong as the dogs are bred for purpose  for work intended and not just chucked together and sold on with big dreams to make money then it’s each to there own , 

16 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Never said the bitch is a digging dog she's a bolting dog an works rock said in post she will let fox past her if in earths an get deep mark no point digging to her as she be out after hour or so, he did say dog must be no good some dogs could not find there ass hole in rock my terrier is one of them , as for breeding the bitch she don't have proper seasons so he not going to,  he did look for a dog works same as her found one from lad on here an if he did breed her pups been past on as rock bolting pups an told how the bitch works an if digging dog your after then pups be not for you 

13 minutes ago, tank34 said:

Never said the bitch is a digging dog she's a bolting dog an works rock said in post she will let fox past her if in earths an get deep mark no point digging to her as she be out after hour or so, he did say dog must be no good some dogs could not find there ass hole in rock my terrier is one of them , as for breeding the bitch she don't have proper seasons so he not going to,  he did look for a dog works same as her found one from lad on here an if he did breed her pups been past on as rock bolting pups an told how the bitch works an if digging dog your after then pups be not for you 

He didn’t say the dogs no good  

He said 

you put your dog in there 

must be no good 

I wouldn’t put my dog in there 

it’s too good 

and repeat 

He put “ and repeat “. As he’s trying to say that that’s all what is said on these sort of topics that there’s guys saying if you put your dog in there it’s no good ( he’s saying it as in as tho someone else is saying it ) 

and then they say my dogs to good to put in there “ 

hes not personally saying your dogs no good 

• Like 4

Had 2 different failed digging bitches to a fox in here today and no bolt. Old bloke had many fox in there over last 40 year never had a bolt with a bolting dog. And never had a terrier kill 1 even with dogs that killed them regularly. Wouldn’t want a proper digging dog in there 

C01ABEDF-1812-4050-B19D-00A67352EF6C.jpeg

A8B823A0-3B86-463B-81DA-A4EE84FDAAE5.jpeg

Edited by justdigit
  • Like 1

A bolting terrier has its place all the same but its true whats said not every fox will bolt no matter how hard they try.it only happend us at the weekend a mates russell that has bolted plenty was entered to a fox and given a hour at him and in dt hour he came out twice and was held but fox didnt bolt to gun,we ended up droped a 1st season terrier of mine and dug to her 2.0 down to her quarry backed up in pot.

A good terrier in most eyes will hold his ground no matter what and will have to take what's coming to him if he is to hold his quarry for his master until he get to him no matter it be 10min or 10 hours, so baying alone won't work as macho as it sounds it's what should be expected in a terrier it's what there bred to do. I never owned a bolter so I can only assume that a bolter lacks that ability and heart but can be blessing in disguise for guys who work rock. I'd hope terriers are bred to stay till dug to and not to bolt as this surely is a no no.

• Like 2