Bolting bitch

6 hours ago, downsouth said:

Fact is though that a fox will only bolt if it wants to or is forcibly bundled out by a slightly tougher type.So the type you're talking about although handy for some is in reality just a a dog that isnt good enough for digging with.

Like said the bitch is NOT a digging dog you need dogs for land you work , I'd say most fox want out when a terrier is at em that's way lads want dogs that don't let the fox past , push fox in stop end or hold fox in tube ?? 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's all we have so full on digging dog be no good for us the bitch we use can shift em out of places like that if fox will not move she will come out drop back in she no hard dog but will mix it up t

My mate has 1, I have tried everything to get her, he’s having none of it lol  that’s here the brown and white headed 1,  the tricolour Russell I had a few years back, she was a demon at foxes! Would

Horses for courses, I wouldn't enter a digging dog in a place like that because 1st it can't be dug and 2nd I'd end up without a dog, but if I had a dog that would only do say half an hour and then ap

Posted Images

On 17/02/2020 at 17:16, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

Anyone breeding any small types this year after a bolting dog I had one and don’t know why I sold it worth it’s weight in gold any help or leads will be appreciated

Try a teckel mate, the majority of them stand of and bay so They don't take much stick. I have a bitch that I use mainly for bushing but she's bolted loads of foxes, she's in and out baying for 10-15 min a time usually gets them to bolt 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Lee_H said:

Try a teckel mate, the majority of them stand of and bay so They don't take much stick. I have a bitch that I use mainly for bushing but she's bolted loads of foxes, she's in and out baying for 10-15 min a time usually gets them to bolt 

I’ve looked into it but I don’t know anyone up north who breeds a good standed

8 minutes ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

I’ve looked into it but I don’t know anyone up north who breeds a good standed

Theres a good few lads up and down the country that breed from decant workers. Go onto the working teckel pages on Facebook pal 

Sorry sheep chaser but I've got to say, it might seem heartless but I'd rather dig a mighty warrior dead than look at a coward behind me whilst I'm half way down to it( or so I thought).I treat my dogs like kings, feeding, exercising and housing, but it comes with a price, they have to work as I expect them to. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, timmy k said:

Sorry sheep chaser but I've got to say, it might seem heartless but I'd rather dig a mighty warrior dead than look at a coward behind me whilst I'm half way down to it( or so I thought).I treat my dogs like kings, feeding, exercising and housing, but it comes with a price, they have to work as I expect them to. 

No ...... you miss my point. Some places you aren’t digging that dog, dead or alive.

Im not really a digging man at all. But all I’m saying is those little dogs that will go in but not stay forever DO have their place for some people on certain types of land.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

No ...... you miss my point. Some places you aren’t digging that dog, dead or alive.

Im not really a digging man at all. But all I’m saying is those little dogs that will go in but not stay forever DO have their place for some people on certain types of land.

I can respect that, but it's not for me. I don't do rocks, and on my perms I've never seen a place that couldn't be dug, difficult yes, impossible...not with a few good men on the spade, it may take a while but if the dog will put a shift in then so will the men.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, timmy k said:

Erm.......

...no

That would scare the life out of me, but fare play to the Lads that do it. Thankfully theres nothing like that where I go.

It's all we have so full on digging dog be no good for us the bitch we use can shift em out of places like that if fox will not move she will come out drop back in she no hard dog but will mix it up to get fox on move , may be shit to you all but worth it's weight in gold to us , always same on here slag dogs of but will not put there dogs in places we do most weeks , dogs for jobs I like to say 

• Like 10
49 minutes ago, tank34 said:

If you think that a dog comes out an goes back in is shit well I'd like you all do a season or two on rock piles see how many hard digging dogs you will have left any one want to try this holds most of time 20200109_084343.jpg.c2194ccf01719e3a4473ec76e6bfd94d.jpg

I think I know we’re that spot is but I could be wrong