Bolting bitch

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's all we have so full on digging dog be no good for us the bitch we use can shift em out of places like that if fox will not move she will come out drop back in she no hard dog but will mix it up t

My mate has 1, I have tried everything to get her, he’s having none of it lol  that’s here the brown and white headed 1,  the tricolour Russell I had a few years back, she was a demon at foxes! Would

Horses for courses, I wouldn't enter a digging dog in a place like that because 1st it can't be dug and 2nd I'd end up without a dog, but if I had a dog that would only do say half an hour and then ap

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Dig-deep-draw-charlie said:

My mate has 1, I have tried everything to get her, he’s having none of it lol  that’s here the brown and white headed 1,  the tricolour Russell I had a few years back, she was a demon at foxes! Would give anything to have her back 

DFC160A3-17B4-4749-BB12-5B094C77DB00.jpeg

694FBA3F-3165-4522-AEA6-7C767A624BA5.jpeg

Look good little dogs I can’t find one for the life in me all my pals like big earth dogs but there no good for what I do , a lot of drains are my usual thing on permission 

6 minutes ago, downsouth said:

What is a bolter?because in my experience if a fox is gunna bolt it will bolt and if it aint then it wont..You cant make a fox bolt that doesnt want to.

Something that doesn’t get a facefull some stuff just go straight in for the kill if you got a hardy dog trying to hold it, Ive seen a dog that would bolt them no matter what I don’t know how but some just do I was once at a drain and had a solid mark tried two good terriers couldn’t get it to shift and a mate tried his small white dog and it flew straight out in seconds some just have knack at it 

1 minute ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

Something that doesn’t get a facefull some stuff just go straight in for the kill if you got a hardy dog trying to hold it, Ive seen a dog that would bolt them no matter what I don’t know how but some just do I was once at a drain and had a solid mark tried two good terriers couldn’t get it to shift and a mate tried his small white dog and it flew straight out in seconds some just have knack at it 

How did you get the 2 good terriers out of the drain to try the white dog?

• Like 1
Just now, downsouth said:

How did you get the 2 good terriers out of the drain to try the white dog?

Most my terriers I’ve had will come out after 20 min or so the work I have I don’t need something that stays till dug most of it is very bad ground and a dog that comes out is blessing to me some people hate it but I find them beauty’s so will say they should stay till dug but I just like them that way for what I do I have some Permission that runs under roads I dig that will stay is no good to me , I have one that will stay until dug no matter what but I prefer something more steady that might not be someone else’s cup of tea 

3 minutes ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

Most my terriers I’ve had will come out after 20 min or so the work I have I don’t need something that stays till dug most of it is very bad ground and a dog that comes out is blessing to me some people hate it but I find them beauty’s so will say they should stay till dug but I just like them that way for what I do I have some Permission that runs under roads I dig that will stay is no good to me , I have one that will stay until dug no matter what but I prefer something more steady that might not be someone else’s cup of tea 

They wernt good terriers then were they.Some foxes woll just bolt a bit easier than others or bolt when they're ready.Its down to the fox not the dog.Like I said its down to the fox not the dog.so what you mean when you say a bolter is just a dog that wont stay and comes away after a while.

• Like 1
Just now, downsouth said:

They wernt good terriers then were they.Some foxes woll just bolt a bit easier than others or bolt when they're ready.Its down to the fox not the dog.Like I said its down to the fox not the dog.so what you mean when you say a bolter is just a dog that wont stay and comes away after a while.

They might not be good to you but they are to me each to there own, don’t get me wrong it’s not fool proof but some shift them easier than others a nice little dog can get up there arse a lot faster than a dog that has to dig on and it puts abit more pressure on them 

1 hour ago, downsouth said:

What is a bolter?because in my experience if a fox is gunna bolt it will bolt and if it aint then it wont..You cant make a fox bolt that doesnt want to.

Small type that will let fox past it or come out after hour or so back in get your bolt great for rock work an deep earths not every one cup of tea but worth there weight in gold to some , my pal has bolting bitch she can be dug to in earths that not to deep read 8 plus feet sit back as she be out half way down an fox will move she will drop back in , bitch has bolted from one holes before  

37 minutes ago, tank34 said:

Small type that will let fox past it or come out after hour or so back in get your bolt great for rock work an deep earths not every one cup of tea but worth there weight in gold to some , my pal has bolting bitch she can be dug to in earths that not to deep read 8 plus feet sit back as she be out half way down an fox will move she will drop back in , bitch has bolted from one holes before  

Fact is though that a fox will only bolt if it wants to or is forcibly bundled out by a slightly tougher type.So the type you're talking about although handy for some is in reality just a a dog that isnt good enough for digging with.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, nick703 said:

Would love to no where you get these soft bolting Russell’s from,because mine are f***ing full on especially the dogs ,I’ve an 8-9 year old bitch with hardly any teeth but I dig her more the she bolts , maybe mine have some black in the line so there a bit better than other whites ?

They’re the gypsy fury line

1 hour ago, downsouth said:

Fact is though that a fox will only bolt if it wants to or is forcibly bundled out by a slightly tougher type.So the type you're talking about although handy for some is in reality just a a dog that isnt good enough for digging with.

Think your onto a loser here mate .Banging your head against a wall so to speak .A bolting dog is indeed a failed digging dog ,cannot be taught nor can it be broken to it .The in and out terrier type lovers would of loved a digging dog but make the most of a yo yo lol.

Some of this type even manage to stay clean whilst doing so .

The true digging dog will battle to its last rather than let an animal past but the bolter prized by some will give ground every time rather than face its foe head on .

Two different camps .

The problem for me lies when a bolter is passed off as the real deal and gets bred into a decent line .

Id rather dig one than bolt 10 ,bloody things ,no backbone .

Some definitely have a knack for shifting a fox to bolt. I had a B+W Russell years ago would stay till dug if needed, but nearly always forced a bolt. Not a mixing type, bayed like hell but wouldn't be pushed around and stayed at them till they bolted.