Here’s a question for you ........

16 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Even the mrs is up for it....... Looked into staying on that homestead with that otto guy and his family off discovery Channel.... Flights to Dutch harbour.... Kids be fledged in next 10 yrs..... Might have a go as a 50 Yr old greenhorn then??

If I had the money I would buy a cabin and trap line and spend the winters trapping ... I’m sure it’s a hell of a hard slog and not as romantic as the tv programmes make it look but it’s something I would love to try ....   

• Like 3

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There used to be a guy on here from Chile or Argentina I think. He looked like he was getting some good hunting using running dogs and dogos on a range of quarry. I think he was chased off here by peo

Liked reading his posts. Not my type of hunting but all the same he was having a good time and his dogs were out there doing the business. I would like to go to NZ one day. Don’t think it would matter

Be honest with ya mate i think you could travel the world and you wont find exactly what the uk has to offer. You know yourself people from all over come here to hunt. Why ? Because for a small island

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

My missus says I’m no allowed to go America hunting until me youngest has left home or school at least, cos she knows I won’t come back ? I’d find me a hound man that runs cats an bears an clean his kennels for rest of me life in exchange for a bed an food, an days out ??

Good chance therd be some bumming involved tho depends how much you want it 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I've been to NZ and had a go at pig hunting and deer stalking there. Both were great and I intend to go back.

Been to s pain briefly too and failed to catch a boar. I reckon it'd be good to try again. 

I'd also like to try the states. Swamp hunting in the deep south and running dogs on the plains.

One place I'd like to try also is Argentina, running hares and their big birds with lurchers looks good. Also the fishing in the pantanole swamps.

1 hour ago, socks said:

If I had the money I would buy a cabin and trap line and spend the winters trapping ... I’m sure it’s a hell of a hard slog and not as romantic as the tv programmes make it look but it’s something I would love to try ....   

Give me a shout Ken if you need a joey??