Here’s a question for you ........

If you were a man, mid thirties, fairly obsessed with Lurchers and their various forms of hunting, and you were potentially have the opportunity of some time and some money, due to having an early midlife crises and selling your buisness etc

Where would you go for a great hunting holiday / Experiance? 

Im leaning toward the states. I’d love to see some coyotes run, lamp some coins, dig a few bits, hunt some pigs etc and would really like to go see the big Loomis coyote dog sale if it’s still on ......

• Like 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There used to be a guy on here from Chile or Argentina I think. He looked like he was getting some good hunting using running dogs and dogos on a range of quarry. I think he was chased off here by peo

Liked reading his posts. Not my type of hunting but all the same he was having a good time and his dogs were out there doing the business. I would like to go to NZ one day. Don’t think it would matter

Be honest with ya mate i think you could travel the world and you wont find exactly what the uk has to offer. You know yourself people from all over come here to hunt. Why ? Because for a small island

Posted Images

Be honest with ya mate i think you could travel the world and you wont find exactly what the uk has to offer. You know yourself people from all over come here to hunt. Why ? Because for a small island she jam packed with gear with plenty enough dogs to take it if there owners are willing to push out and tread the unknown.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

If you were a man, mid thirties, fairly obsessed with Lurchers and their various forms of hunting, and you were potentially have the opportunity of some time and some money, due to having an early midlife crises and selling your buisness etc

Im leaning toward the states. I’d love to see some coyotes run, lamp some coins, dig a few bits, hunt some pigs etc and would really like to go see the big Loomis coyote dog sale if it’s still on ......

sounds great, them stags that hunt yotes in states  are great dogs, i used like Dan Edwards  posts on here with posts and pics . his line of stags go back over 100 years, mainly deerhoundx greys with drop of bulldog= apbt in the the genes , nothing  like our deehoundxs over here. hope you do it mate, and if you ever got one of his line of dogs , he trained his pups on foxes lol be great love to see one in the flesh+ work, some males hit 100lb  run all day and still kill 35 lb yote.

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

New Zealand for me, oz would be nice but to many things to kill you over there, ?

Yeah I'd love to live,hunt in NZ, plenty of rabbits and you could hunt all year without snakes killing your dogs.They do have Wetters,giant crickets the size of Jack Russells(not quite) I'd rather deal with an angry buffalo than one of those b*****ds ?.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Depends where you can find the opportunities. If you can get the right leads then the states without doubt imo. Getting a black bear bayed up on the ground or a lion in a tree, approaching that out of breath and with aching muscles must be absolutely exhilarating! Then you have the staghounds running coyotes and barn hunting coons with terriers. Hog dogging in the South. Heaps of quite special dog work and that's without even considering gundogs.

Scandi or Eastern Europe might be worth a look, they do a lot of interesting stuff. Mostly involves guns though from what I have seen.

Pig hunting in NZ is good but other than deer dogs for rifle hunting that's really all they do dog wise.

pighunting18.jpg

pighunting14.jpg

• Like 3
12 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

You answered your own question mate.....do what you said your leaning towards .....I would love to see coursing in the USA after all the different species of Jack rabbit....including the antelope Jack rabbit.....would also love to take my little Bonnie to catch cotentails and swampers a sub species of cotentail ....

Also love to go back to oz and nz.....hunt rabbit hare roo deer ect

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Yeah I'd love to live,hunt in NZ, plenty of rabbits and you could hunt all year without snakes killing your dogs.They do have Wetters,giant crickets the size of Jack Russells(not quite) I'd rather deal with an angry buffalo than one of those b*****ds ?.

I can a giant cricket with me size 9 but can't kill a buffalo /scrub bull /9 ft salty with it ?

But if  I went to the US I would love to do the squirrel or coon hunting  with dogs 

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I would like to spend a season trapping fur with the locals in Canada /Alaska way, and a few weeks out at sea on a crab boat..... Don't mind the cold... Beats checking your boots for snakes and nasty insects?

I’m with you there mate ... I would love to spend a season on a trap line using dogs and sled to get about ......

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, socks said:

I’m with you there mate ... I would love to spend a season on a trap line using dogs and sled to get about ......

Even the mrs is up for it....... Looked into staying on that homestead with that otto guy and his family off discovery Channel.... Flights to Dutch harbour.... Kids be fledged in next 10 yrs..... Might have a go as a 50 Yr old greenhorn then??