Thrash, death, Scandinavian... all music let's have it ?

8 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Not sure if I’m ready to admit this ......and I Hope hair metal is allowed on here ?

but my fave band in the world ever are....Guns n roses.

my mam was really into music and appetite for destruction was constantly on in our house along with Motown and country. It was ingrained into me . I had a guns and roses pencil case and folder when I was about 10 onwards. My misses loves them as well and between us we have about 90 g n r t shirts , we have a huge appetite album cover framed  poster up in our landing. ??

i still have a weird attraction to that 80s hair metal groupie look. Denim jackets and leather skirts type thing. 

And i has this on video and wore it out for years of playing it. 

I was mad into them when appetite came out, had a bootleg version of lies on an old tape...

I was 11 or so...

Finally got to see them live 2 years ago up the London Stadium...great bit of nostalgia for me and my bro... still knew every word! Lol

I like everything from folk to metal... not a big fan of dance music and only like the odd bit of rap...

Springsteen is a firm favourite as my old man would play it non stop.

Watched loads of bands over the years..

Watched the Killers in a small venue in Paris  that was great...and saw the rolling stones in Twickenham, Concorde flew over just before the gig, it was the last time I saw it in the air....

Love my music..

• Like 3

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure if I’m ready to admit this ......and I Hope hair metal is allowed on here ? but my fave band in the world ever are....Guns n roses. my mam was really into music and appetite for des

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Meece said:

Trance.  ***** Armin van Buuren *****

It was a shame that Trance FM  went down.

My Mrs is into trance , gatecrasher , tall trees , k klass all that stuff 

I don’t mind it as she normally has it on when she’s cleaning . 

I like to think that is the soundtrack of her destroyed dreams as she zofloras the kitchen floor mopping up Labrador footprints . 

• Haha 1

The list of music I love is endless. All genres except that hideous music for self harmer’s & reptile keepers....... that shite is really unhealthy.

Expat lad I know out here is into the goth/metal & of course he has the self harming scars & a history of reptile keeping & so many issues, but now is pushing that shite onto his 6 year old. It really is disturbing to see a fragile mind exposed to such negative shite.

Apart from that I’m easy.......?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, WILF said:

E

In fairness it was me and about 10 thousand other lads when he did support at the first “Madstock” at Finsbury Park......waltzed on with his silly bunch of flowers and nearly got hospitalised ! Lol 

Leave him alone ye can't lol

4 hours ago, Ratmanwan3 said:

Seen motorhead at rock city many years ago, my ears hurt for days after. 

Sabbath, ac dc, maiden, all fantastic bands live. For all you lads that like thrash the bloodstock festival in Derbyshire is a great weekend away. 

Did Sepultura support motorhead at that city gig mate, if so, i was there too.

That bloodstock festival does look good but it always clashes with us going away with it being in the school holidays.

12 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

I've seen them i few times over the years Ted. They don't actually play that many UK shows though.

Well, i thought I'd got lucky, i shoud be in Dorset now having a week away and Napalm actually have a gig in Bournemouth tomorrow night!! ( Tuesday ).

I'll still be heading south tomorrow, should have gone Sunday but delayed it because to towing the van in these winds we've had over here.

Bournemouth is over an hour away from our site, so probably cutting things a bit fine. Oh well. I thought about having a pro hunt t-shirt knocked up.. see i could get a reaction off Barney!!

He's a vegan and into all the animal rights stuff!!! 

Pic from when they played Glasto last year.

20200126_202904-2.jpg.65a2ff31f42baeca95de511d7c0a5044.jpg

Note the long socks covering his shit tatts up!!...?

Must admit I’ve seen them all Motörhead on the Bomber Tour and at small venues,  Sabbath Blizzard of Oz with Randy Rhodes Hawkwind the list is endless Saxon when they supported Motörhead and Motörhead came on stage naked with brooms sweeping them off lol, I even used to watch Iron Maiden at the Ruskin Arms pub in Upton Park with their first singer Paul Diano a big West Ham fan he used to sing Bubbles on stage then they went on to mega stardom with out him.

I do like this guy very intense look up family man by him it’s mental and the words to this a love story gone bad lol....

• Like 3

I've seen Metallica about a dozen times but my mate works for them so I get free tickets. :laugh: Also seen Motorhead, Slipknot, Stone Sour, Korn, Slayer and System of a Down. would love to see AC/DC, Iron Maiden and Foo fighters.

On the less heavy end of gigs I've been to, Squeeze, Robert Plant and Mike & the Mechanics. 

I listen to everything from Tom Jones to thrash metal.