Check Up

On 16/02/2020 at 13:06, lurcherman 887 said:

Yeah sid I’ve got triggers if I eat tomatoey food or anything smoked I will suffer been on the omeprazole for years one a morning and aslong as I don’t eat anything I shouldn’t I’m okay.. my old mans got hiatus hernia and that’s the reason he gets it..relaxed valve that lets the acid up

Them omeprazole ain’t good for you long term,look it up I stopped taking them ,atb wf

• Like 1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dont think either of us regret why it happened just the fact neither of us would back down and how it could have been much easier....we hated each other at the time and that day was the closest eith

What? Cheers, D.

She was right about the fruit, it's full of sugar, so is bread and most foods. What I did was weight out every bit of food I'd eat a a meal time, do a calorie count and stick to it. For something swee

On 17/02/2020 at 16:07, bird said:

Your prob worrying her with all your hunting and dogs more so you bulldogs you had/kept .lol  my wife dont give a fook about me when i am out with dogs , when hurt me shoulder i had to drive 70 mile with near enough one hand, the pain was real bad,i been out lamping tha night, she was with  her mates in my house next day, told her what i done, she said well drive back best as  you can, the only time she worry's  if i bring the cops back with me.! no she dont get stressed  by me .  regards these stomach probs on this post, ive had the lot camera down throat/ arse , ive got  that type hiatal hernia/ ulcer , i am on one a day Esomeprazole  rest of my life, what they think ive got is  IBS   , thats your either constipated / loose, always farting/ belching   , and have to be careful  what i eat,  drink- booze , it dont kill you but fook me, it does get you down feeling like this 24/7 . regards people weights, take no notice , because its your bone structure that counts, not what you weight . like me i am 5 ft 11.1/2 in  weight just under 13st = 12st 12lb  , but you get another bloke say 5ft  7in   my weight  , he not over weight he prob bigger boned than me. just like 2 boxers  at 15 st 7lb  , one 6ft 3in the other 6ft , both fit strong men, but different bone structure , that the only real difference  . eat plenty of   fruit / veg, and drink lot of water every day, i have  2pints a day  . you be fit/strong. and shag all day long      lol :good:

Bird I've said this before.. IBS is bullshit.. it's them being lazy. They should be checking frutose absorption plus a whole range of other shit. Go back to your quack and demand a fructose absorption test. If that's your issue or even part of it, eating fruit and veg is really gonna mess up ya day.

Thats probably some kind of Hydrogel that deliver s a protein called Decorin which over time heals the surface of the eyeball i still have to use something similar now and again but at the time when i first did the injury they had to inject directly into the eyeball which believe me was no fun at all !....i had a global rupture which is where the eyeball literally go,s down like a punctured ball i was lucky to keep the eye and double lucky to still be able to see out of it !...mine was an operation at Moorfields but certain types of ruptures today can be dealt with by gels alone.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

It was a gel/ointment i original got from the hospital when it happened. Healed up really quick which was surprising considering the pain. Does your injury flair up everynow and again it feels like irritation/pain almost like something stuck on the eye? The optician basically told me it may happen now and again but my vision womt be effected. 

I was really lucky i dont get any pain or discomfort from it at all the only thing it caused is whats called a " floater "....which feels like a dot in your field of vision....its a bit of a mad feeling but you get used to it,sometimes they break up and you dont notice it my mrs actually has one as well that was caused by her contact lenses of all things !

Tricky old things the peepers whatever they tell you to do stick to it religiously.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 21/02/2020 at 16:36, gnasher16 said:

I was really lucky i dont get any pain or discomfort from it at all the only thing it caused is whats called a " floater "....which feels like a dot in your field of vision....its a bit of a mad feeling but you get used to it,sometimes they break up and you dont notice it my mrs actually has one as well that was caused by her contact lenses of all things !

Tricky old things the peepers whatever they tell you to do stick to it religiously.

Took a fair old crack when I was young, dumb and full of.... had the floaters for years. To be fair.... I just imagine I'm a terminator and the floater is the targeting system ? Damn thing floats about so much, I cross my eyes to look at someone in the eye so as not to block their face ? Been told they ain't going anywhere near it for fear of making me blind in one eye, so just crack on. I've been lucky that I have no flair ups or pain but christ it's annoying when its bright and sunny. 

On 21/02/2020 at 15:19, gnasher16 said:

Thats probably some kind of Hydrogel that deliver s a protein called Decorin which over time heals the surface of the eyeball i still have to use something similar now and again but at the time when i first did the injury they had to inject directly into the eyeball which believe me was no fun at all !....i had a global rupture which is where the eyeball literally go,s down like a punctured ball i was lucky to keep the eye and double lucky to still be able to see out of it !...mine was an operation at Moorfields but certain types of ruptures today can be dealt with by gels alone.

Was  yours through boxing in/out of the ring  gnash lol

2 hours ago, Balaur said:

I've been lucky with my eyes, had metal removed 4 times, once had a white stripe across it like a cat from molten aluminium, recently had metal thought I'd scratched my eye, but then about 9pm took myself off to a and e to get it removed, as soon as your body decides there's a foreign body in it pain kicks in, normally numb it and brush the rust rings out with like an electric toothbrush type tool. The stripe went away with out problems. My Oldman playing cowboys and Indians in bomb sites in London got shot out of a tree by a kid with bow and arrow, always notice his glasses are three times thicker on left lens. Mates grandfather lost an eye as a teenager chopping would, best shot with a rifle I've met. I wear eye protection religiously and the last event was metal dust on clothing or a hat that just happened to stick to my eye when getting changed. My cousin detached both retinas using a running machine ,  got to look after your eyes....

Ye real lucky ? maybe you'll hit the jackpot and kicked in the nads soon

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, dytkos said:

What?

Cheers, D.

5 hours ago, jetro said:

I went in for a check up and a consultation last week and came out with two hearing aids ???

Atb j 

Old men jokes ?

Wish I could understand... ??

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, bird said:

Was  yours through boxing in/out of the ring  gnash lol

It was an old fashioned straightener,bit of a gory horrible mess unfortunately with someone i now consider a friend although we was rivals at the time.....big regret really as neither of us were ever the same after.... load of ol bollocks all that macho shit looking back !!

Edited by gnasher16
3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

It was an old fashioned straightener,bit of a gory horrible mess unfortunately with someone i now consider a friend although we was rivals at the time.....big regret really as neither of us were ever the same after.... load of ol bollocks all that macho shit looking back !!

Yeh,gnash we all done things in the past and regretted it mate. To big blokes going toe to toe, going to leave some real damage deff. I did fookin karate /weights for 3 years, I don't know why I done the karate really, as I could look after me self, just sort of got dragged I to it. Well it fooked me hands, through punching  wooden blocks etc pressups on me knuckles, it left with  rheumatism in my hands carnt now make proper fist, if  had dust up I have use me size 10s now lol.  Boxing far better way to keep. fit and look atlfter your your hands protected, idid bit of boxing as kid pity I didn't stay with it, I made good knockabout light-heavy. Got younger brother with eye injury, he got hit in the face and he probs even now with it, at 63, pity we carnt turn the clock back with all this shit that comes our way mate. ?

• Like 2
On 03/03/2020 at 15:52, bird said:

Yeh,gnash we all done things in the past and regretted it mate. To big blokes going toe to toe, going to leave some real damage deff. I did fookin karate /weights for 3 years, I don't know why I done the karate really, as I could look after me self, just sort of got dragged I to it. Well it fooked me hands, through punching  wooden blocks etc pressups on me knuckles, it left with  rheumatism in my hands carnt now make proper fist, if  had dust up I have use me size 10s now lol.  Boxing far better way to keep. fit and look atlfter your your hands protected, idid bit of boxing as kid pity I didn't stay with it, I made good knockabout light-heavy. Got younger brother with eye injury, he got hit in the face and he probs even now with it, at 63, pity we carnt turn the clock back with all this shit that comes our way mate. ?

I dont think either of us regret why it happened just the fact neither of us would back down and how it could have been much easier....we hated each other at the time and that day was the closest either of us have come to death he ended up with a bleed on the brain and i was just f****d in general so when you share something like that with someone you cant help but admire them....for the time we was going at it i knew him better than his mother,his brothers,his best friend as i saw what he had on the inside so that kind of thing has to form a certain bond between two men......i remember afterwards there was an awkward stand off for months we just avoided each other,then i heard his father had died so wanting to show respect to him and the family i turned up at the funeral and was surprisingly welcomed with open arms and our friendship grew from there over the last 25 odd years.....it taught me that you dont have to half kill each other to earn respect you just have to do the right thing.....another of lifes painful lessons.

• Like 5