Check Up

1 hour ago, lurcherman 887 said:

That part of your eye might be more susceptible to infection mate get it checked out.. I’ve just had dodgy eye had a stye and pink eye from one the kids was horrible 

Styes are easy fixed. Lift up your eyelid, find the little white head of it and pin it. It will empty in about 3 seconds and be gone in 20 mins

• Thanks 1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dont think either of us regret why it happened just the fact neither of us would back down and how it could have been much easier....we hated each other at the time and that day was the closest eith

What? Cheers, D.

She was right about the fruit, it's full of sugar, so is bread and most foods. What I did was weight out every bit of food I'd eat a a meal time, do a calorie count and stick to it. For something swee

4 hours ago, Arry said:

I told her I was eating loads of fruit etc. She told me you don't wan't to do that it has loads of fruitose in it and thats sugar. She when to a cardboard and got out a jar of chocolate drink,"this is what you need if you feel like a snack" ffs.

I think thats proven nonsense these days. Eat as much fruit as ya want, particularly the stuff high in fibre.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/is-fruit-good-or-bad-for-your-health#section5

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I think thats proven nonsense these days. Eat as much fruit as ya want, particularly the stuff high in fibre.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/is-fruit-good-or-bad-for-your-health#section5

I agree BH. I found the whole thing hypocritical the way they talk down to you while giving a polite bollocking, having struggled to lose a bit of weight and getting thing back on track so to speak. The professionals giving advice on how you can lose weight when they them selfs are bloaters. Telling me a hot Chocolate drink is better than fruit, can't see that. I'll stick to what I'm doing as it's working.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Balaur said:

And I can't abide gp surgery's, always made to feel like you shouldn't be there, I avoid them where I can, they've let us done badly regards thee kids Nd what have you. They're just good for fishing out antibiotics. Once you get to consultant level then they're some of the best in the world...

I went down for the check up feeling great, even said so to the nurse how well I felt. Few hours latter I was coughing my heart up, I'm with you on avoiding the place. Got sent to see a Doctor after my results because had lost my voice after a week of coughing. I told him I reckoned I caught it there he said "are you blaming us" I said no but it is were all the sick people hang out. Lol.

Cheers Arry

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Need to pass the receptionist’s triage before he even get to see a doc here☹️ 

anybody tell me the ins an outs a going private? Never really looked into it, an would really appreciated an idiots guide to before I waste me time looking into it further, as like oh just said our docs are becoming a joke 

I’ve just been looking into it Katch and for a good package that covers me and my wife it was about £76 per month for me aged 56 and my wife £79 per month aged 57 so just over £150ish a month that was with Bupa you obviously can’t take any existing problems when you join up, if you go on the website fill in what suits you and you get a quote at the end of it smoking obviously knocks it right up.

If I could opt out of the NI contributions I would and put that money towards private health care, our health service is swamped by the immigrants and health tourism you’ve only got to walk in any hospital and see with your own eyes. 

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

anybody tell me the ins an outs a going private? Never really looked into it, an would really appreciated an idiots guide to before I waste me time looking into it further, as like oh just said our docs are becoming a joke 

What's a receptionists triage.

Atb j 

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Where the nosey under qualified ole bitch starts asking you what’s wrong with you in the middle of reception to see if she thinks your Ill enough to see the doc ?don’t you get them nosey ole cnuts ireland?

Surely she can't do that. Wouldn't do it here. You call up, make an appointment. 

They don't ask Any thing. 

Doctors are great here I have to say.

Atb j 

Just now, W. Katchum said:

Appointments are becoming a thing of last here as well, like I said few docs who work beteeen a few surgery’s so some days I may have to go to diff surgery as mine is closed but to see same doctor an it’s usually just turn an sit and wait haha half 9 you allowed to book in an not after half 10 an can sit there till well after lunch depending who else there ??

That's terrible, no good with sick kids.

Have to say it's nothing like that here. You see your own doctor only, we have the same three doctors always working here. You don't see any other. 

If you get an appointment say for 10am, the longest you will wait is 20 to 30 mins  at the very most. If you or a child is sick at home they will do a house call, regardless of what time it is.

If a hospital is needed, a helicopter is called for.

Thsts rough where you are w.k.

Atb j 

Thsts a sad sign of the times, thing should be getting better not worse.

I know my gp made a hospital appointment for for me two years ago and I got called in for next Tuesday. 

Good thing I wasn't sick, could bed dead by now LOL.

Atb j 

5 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

They try that here lol but I won't tell them. Do you know what she said? I'll look later at your notes. I said don't bother, I've got a dildo stuck up my arse and I need a splinter taken from my finger..... will you help? ???

Last year my Mrs  had to take me to Lancaster Hospital  there were a good few  in reception and I sat down while my Mrs gave my details , on what my Mrs told the Triage Nurse  I was out the queue  and wired up in minutes ! that is what a triage nurse does.

17 hours ago, jetro said:

My wife suffers bad from it, if she doesn't take her tab in the morning.  Any thing a bit spicy sets it off. She has the camera done, and told what not to eat and take meds.

Atb j 

Ironic as if you had a camera in your stomach you'd also be abke to watch what you ate. 

On 16/02/2020 at 13:27, jetro said:

I'm glad we didn't know any of that before hand, or probably wouldn't have it done.  What went in my wife's favour was that she never smoked or doesn't drink, so it was just to manage her diet and stress levels.

Stress was a main factor towards it as well. 

Atb j 

Your prob worrying her with all your hunting and dogs more so you bulldogs you had/kept .lol  my wife dont give a fook about me when i am out with dogs , when hurt me shoulder i had to drive 70 mile with near enough one hand, the pain was real bad,i been out lamping tha night, she was with  her mates in my house next day, told her what i done, she said well drive back best as  you can, the only time she worry's  if i bring the cops back with me.! no she dont get stressed  by me .  regards these stomach probs on this post, ive had the lot camera down throat/ arse , ive got  that type hiatal hernia/ ulcer , i am on one a day Esomeprazole  rest of my life, what they think ive got is  IBS   , thats your either constipated / loose, always farting/ belching   , and have to be careful  what i eat,  drink- booze , it dont kill you but fook me, it does get you down feeling like this 24/7 . regards people weights, take no notice , because its your bone structure that counts, not what you weight . like me i am 5 ft 11.1/2 in  weight just under 13st = 12st 12lb  , but you get another bloke say 5ft  7in   my weight  , he not over weight he prob bigger boned than me. just like 2 boxers  at 15 st 7lb  , one 6ft 3in the other 6ft , both fit strong men, but different bone structure , that the only real difference  . eat plenty of   fruit / veg, and drink lot of water every day, i have  2pints a day  . you be fit/strong. and shag all day long      lol :good:

• Like 1

Lol, she has a heart of gold and the patient of saint to put up with me for nearly 30 years. I know I wouldn't lol.

No more hunting or dogs for me. Giving it a break, till things change. No use for working dog, with nothing to do..

That ibs runs in the family as well. Uncle's have it. Loved their food and drink, had to knock it all on the head, plus they are gluten intolerance as well.

I'm 5'7, fairly broad and stocky bulit, I weight around 14.5 to 15 st. I went down to 12 st, but looked very sick, I'm happy where I'm at. I just eat healthy and eat good quality food.

The main thing is live a happy stress free live, and live it well,

We're here for a good time, not a Long time.

Atb j