3/8 5/8s bull x

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My 58/38 brother to kings dog 25inch 26kg been a good dog for me 

Just picked up this pup that would probably amount to 3/8 5/8 , nice friendly pup and off very good stuff. 12 weeks old

3/8 5/8 bull grey 27" he does what ever I've asked of him. Marks 100% excellent temperament. A pleasure to own.very laid back but switched on once out of the house. I should of taken th

Posted Images

20 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

Depends what your game is. Plenty hard worked bull x dogs out there that dont look smashed up.

One of the worst killing bull xs I’ve ever seen was also one of the most heavily marked up. Scars don’t always tell the full story. 

• Like 6
1 minute ago, white van man said:

Always be weary of a boxer with a straight nose! 

Fair point!

I meant two things by it. 

Some dogs, by colour and marking etc, just dont show scars as much. And it depends on the exact game, if you know what I mean.

Also, not all Bull x were used heavily as vermin dogs. Pre ban, i'm sure there were lads running a lot of big edible quarry with bull blooded dogs. Which was more what I was thinking about here.

• Like 5
On 03/03/2020 at 07:26, dogmandont said:

One of the worst killing bull xs I’ve ever seen was also one of the most heavily marked up. Scars don’t always tell the full story. 

I had a staff cross bitch that I used on feral cats and only had one visible scratch on her muzzle but killed hundreds at an abbatoir here,she had great skill at her job.

Edited by Aussie Whip
  • Like 2
On 02/03/2020 at 20:26, dogmandont said:

Ain't that the truth a very good post dogman  dogs that know how to dispatch never take the same stick as a arse grabber or a coward 

• Like 2
On 01/03/2020 at 21:45, spanna said:

All look in good condition hull but very clean must of just bit a bit of rabbiting with them mate?

We all know a good dog is a smashed up on lol. The blue brindle was only 6 month in that pic sold her to someone on here from Wales's. Other two were out 5/6 nights aweek doing there job. A dog that's getting smashed all the time is not worth a toss when there stuck in a kennel healing. Sooner have a smart dog that knows how to sort it quarry than a hard dog that goes in face to face then is lade up for 2 weeks.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

Seen dogs not change grip from first contact and just stand there with their tails wagging gettin chewed on. But they must be good because they’re marked up. Lol. 

I have seen a few like that I like to see one make contact then control the situation and dispatch asap those that just stand there or jump about are going to take a few knocks 

10 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I have seen a few like that I like to see one make contact then control the situation and dispatch asap those that just stand there or jump about are going to take a few knocks 

Any dog doing half decent numbers won’t get it their own way all of the time and will have to be able to take a bit of stick, but it should be handing out a lot more than its receiving. 

• Like 8

I would expect any fox dog to be able to take some stick and they do and no they don't always get there own way but they soon learn  how to  dispatch its how they react to getting a bit of stick  other than that they  are dog that can take fox 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 1

It does’nt matter how clever,how quick or how good a dog is at finishing stuff,a tired dog gets sloppy simple as that. We have all seen dogs stand there and happy to just take needless stick but even the sensible ones with a nack for finishing get marked up on a hard night .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1