3/8 5/8s bull x

So after a long while bumming about and generally not doing owt for a bit, I'm thinking bout getting back into the old dog game...Talking to my pal about days gone by and the dogs weve had over the years has got something stiring inside me again and so the spark ignites!!!...not thinking of rushing in and getting owt just yet...but definitely thinking down the bull x line....but what x???..i quite like the idea of the 3/8s bull but never had the pleasure of owning one or seeing one run.Years ago i had a reece bred half x,an absalute tank of a dog,destroyed all in its path,more suited round a hole than the lamp.Am wondering what are the pros and cons of the 3/8s bull??...I'm thinking could make a real all round lurcher,don't really see many around so I'd love to hear your opinions and see a few pics,cheers

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My 58/38 brother to kings dog 25inch 26kg been a good dog for me 

Just picked up this pup that would probably amount to 3/8 5/8 , nice friendly pup and off very good stuff. 12 weeks old

3/8 5/8 bull grey 27" he does what ever I've asked of him. Marks 100% excellent temperament. A pleasure to own.very laid back but switched on once out of the house. I should of taken th

Posted Images

Have a 5/8 bull bitch here hard little bitch 22tts faster than youd think had rabbit n fox day and night too but miss the ones that a faster dog would have caught. Not owned any 3/8 bull but seen a couple one light as a 1/4 bred other as heavy as any half x I'd say it's the individual dogs shape rather than the % of bull in it

• Like 1

3/8 5/8 bull grey 27" he does what ever I've asked of him.

Marks 100% excellent temperament.

A pleasure to own.very laid back but switched on once out of the house.

I should of taken the other pup in the litter aswell.

20190615_234439.jpg.8b20e3811461cfd3a2901c042661ad09.jpg

• Like 14

Owned one bred this way really liked him not too big wich is what i like strip him down as you would a half cross and he could run but would fade after 40-50 seconds. Killed me alot of stuff in cover and woodland seemed to have the knack for that catch stuff in bramble a terrier struggle hitting.

Edited by C.green
  • Like 1

Had my 1st season with mine this year. 

He coming on well has tracked deer and fox, caught rabbits and shift. Not as fast as other running types but usually gets his quarry

Has been a pleasure to own very obedient did have hunting up problems at start of season but was still young and has stopped doing it now. 

18 months old now am happy he has matured hell of alot as the season has gone on. Looking forward to next season with him.

5/8 grey 3/8 bull 25tts.

20200216_080709.jpg

20200216_080640.jpg

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, slip-em quick said:

Looks a handy looking thing you've got there,hope he does you proud..am i right in thinking you use him during th day time??..

Lamp dog pal. He does like treeing squirrels aswell ?

Hopefully get him out with the bushers more though next season. 

• Like 1

3/8. Only ever ran on fox so can’t comment on what they’re like on anything else, but in my opinion this one would be quick enough for everything in the uk but he just wouldn’t have the tank to run hares. One of the fastest lurchers I’ve ever owned. 

And a bitch out of the litter that didn’t make it. 

92543106-0E95-4E3F-85B0-856253A14926.jpeg

42BCE30B-D964-4871-B5BE-27B969932BF8.png

Edited by dogmandont
  • Like 9
5 minutes ago, slip-em quick said:

The bitch didn't make it??...sorry mate,but in which way,didn't make the grade or went to the pearly gates premature???

Got a really bad injury to her muzzle when she was 18 months and then decided foxes weren’t for her.