Rip love island

1 minute ago, Rusty_terrier said:

There was more folk killing themself back in the day.

I'm not saying it others are. Im saying its defo a problem mental or whatever but its defo not a generational thing. Think some of the older folk just like to look back and think they were made of harder stuff. Regardless of who you are or what you do for a job etc (unless your a rapist or kill innocent people etc)I think it's a shame people top themself

well  lets be honest  some folk today dont know if they are male ,female of=r a fkn lawnmower   no fkn wonder the y top themselvs 

• Like 3

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is a bit of a simplistic view of this. It ain't like she was up for treason.  Only common assault.  The boyfriend didn't want to press charges anyway. It was plod. First offense, smack on hands a

2 of my close mates lost a parent to suicide...they have struggled with it ever since.. one was only 14 when his mum topped herself, must be a terrible place to be when you can see no other way out bu

I have a lot of respect what you post mate you don't see any media bullying ? she was hounded out as soon as it  came out being arrested and  as it came out she  lost her job ect  that's enough to tip

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I'm not saying it others are. Im saying its defo a problem mental or whatever but its defo not a generational thing. Think some of the older folk just like to look back and think they were made of harder stuff. Regardless of who you are or what you do for a job etc (unless your a rapist or kill innocent people etc)I think it's a shame people top themself

Good post that mate, I personally think that people have never been under so much pressure as they are today.

We exert so much pressure on human beings from the time they step into infant school to the day they die.

For kids it’s tests so the school can make good OFSTED results, then they are made to feel like like their life is over if they don’t get 6 A* gcse, then they MUST go to uni, then they must have the car, the 35 year mortgage, the credit card etc etc......the list is endless.

Its f***ing relentless for most people from cradle to grave in a life where escape from it all seems like a fantasy........there’s no “hope” 

• Like 6
59 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

That will only be king If they find the treasure. He likes to be part of a good story. ??

I would of loved to be the driver on this dozer.

The treasure and the story ?

Screenshot_20200217-201520.jpg.98945fd407b60ed39f994c2689429a44.jpg

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, WILF said:

And this is it mate, everything is a big deal.......and it isn’t !

Maybe this will change somethings, probably not, there is no doubt the look at me bullshit of reality TV, social media etc..is causing far more young people to feel depressed even suicidal...I guess with this girl killing herself it polarised the whole thing even more...

I dont get the massive outpouring of hatred towards a girl who in the grand scheme of things has done little wrong, a row with her fella being about the size of it... lads I respect on here from posts and meeting them are getting right into her.... not for me, shes hardly Jimmy Saville is she..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Bring back bling date an dangerous Brian I say ??? I might watch tele again ?

Watched Dangerous Brian in pantomime this year..

He was class old Brian Conley, kids loved him.as well...used to be Bobby Davro every year...kids liked him too...

• Like 1
17 hours ago, baker boy said:

I was reading about suicide rates among different sections of society, them transgender folk have an almost 40% suicide rate, even after they'e had whatever treatment/surgery they get to become the opposite sex the suicide rate remains fairly unchanged, strange one

I dont think its strange at all these people are lunatics....we used to put lunatics in asylums now we rename them and put them out into everyday society.......its why they used to be put into asylums in the first place to protect them from the outside world and vice versa.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

We say this liftestyle and  modern society etc is f****n people up And the new generation are soft. Yet suicides are still a good bit lower than they were in 70s 80s and 90s and were on a decline until recently. We just here aboutbit more now through all different types of media.

Is that a fact or are you just presuming ?....id be genuinely interested to see what the stats are on suicides pre social media compared to since.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Thanks for the compliment 

I'm disappointed by your lacklustre reply there rusty ?. You're normally a tad more spiteful with your replies to me lol.

Was only trying to inject a little humour into this thread, no malice intended lol ?

1 hour ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Screenshot_20200218-093256_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200218-093244_Chrome.jpg

Have you got the stats for what methods they used ? ?

Must admit thats a surprise i thought there would be more now than ever but maybe like someone said more get reported these days ....i wonder if the 15 - 20 age group has changed them being the most easily influenced by social media.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Rusty_terrier said:

If you look up wikipedia the last few years the stats point towards males 45-59 being consistently the the highest.

That’s the point we realise life’s a bit shit we ain’t changed the world and old age is going to be a bit of a struggle rather than the easy cruise to the end we thought it would be when we were in our 20s????

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I would say the majority of 80s below suicides were due to a lack of empathy / resources from the health services . Also closet homosexuality would have been a factor as there just wasn’t the acceptance then . 

I suppose we can all presume the reasons back then m the same as we presume social media,reality TV etc is the source of the problems now....

Perhaps it's more simple than that...some people get to such a dark place they can see no other way out, whether that is a mental defect or through sheer desperation...who really knows??

Too many people blame outside sources on the wrongs in society or their general life style, I'm a firm believer in you're the master of your own destiny, but I'm lucky to have a strong enough character to be able to deal with what life throws at you without looking for an excuse to pin on anything outside of my control.... government, people, social media, TV etc etc...its there in the background and you just get on with it...

I reckon we're all pretty much similar in our outlooks, but these social media yaps perhaps make you look at the bigger picture more regularly... I like the diverse thoughts and opinions this place offers, it certainly gets me thinking...

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I suppose we can all presume the reasons back then m the same as we presume social media,reality TV etc is the source of the problems now....

Perhaps it's more simple than that...some people get to such a dark place they can see no other way out, whether that is a mental defect or through sheer desperation...who really knows??

Too many people blame outside sources on the wrongs in society or their general life style, I'm a firm believer in you're the master of your own destiny, but I'm lucky to have a strong enough character to be able to deal with what life throws at you without looking for an excuse to pin on anything outside of my control.... government, people, social media, TV etc etc...its there in the background and you just get on with it...

I reckon we're all pretty much similar in our outlooks, but these social media yaps perhaps make you look at the bigger picture more regularly... I like the diverse thoughts and opinions this place offers, it certainly gets me thinking...

I agree alot with you here newkid.

Diverse thoughts and opinions on here? Basket cases the majority of em ??

• Haha 1