Rip love island

1 hour ago, BGA said:

Jesus. 

Sorry you lost your friend and forgive me if my questions below come across wrong but... 

He held his legs up meaning he could have put his feet down and survived? 

That is an unbelievable effort to make to kill yourself, you would have thought some sort of survival instinct would kick in. 

I can't begin to imagine the mental state of a person that would be able to do that. Terribly sad. 

He was about 6'2 18st.he tied the rope to the door handle threw it over the top of the door to the other side.

Put it around his neck and held his legs clear of the floor.

He was late coming down the pub and his brother went up to see where he was and found him.

He lived in the flat next door to me at the time.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is a bit of a simplistic view of this. It ain't like she was up for treason.  Only common assault.  The boyfriend didn't want to press charges anyway. It was plod. First offense, smack on hands a

2 of my close mates lost a parent to suicide...they have struggled with it ever since.. one was only 14 when his mum topped herself, must be a terrible place to be when you can see no other way out bu

I have a lot of respect what you post mate you don't see any media bullying ? she was hounded out as soon as it  came out being arrested and  as it came out she  lost her job ect  that's enough to tip

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, king said:

He was about 6'2 18st.he tied the rope to the door handle threw it over the top of the door to the other side.

Put it around his neck and held his legs clear of the floor.

He was late coming down the pub and his brother went up to see where he was and found him.

He lived in the flat next door to me at the time.

I knew 2 lads well that did it the same way. One of them loaded his van up for work the next day and just waked into his house and hanged him self the other was driving a car that hit a tree which caused the death of his cousin and I guess he just couldn’t handle the guilt. 

56 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

I knew 2 lads well that did it the same way. One of them loaded his van up for work the next day and just waked into his house and hanged him self the other was driving a car that hit a tree which caused the death of his cousin and I guess he just couldn’t handle the guilt. 

A sad loss mate..

• Like 1

Young lad here 21 new year eve, in his sister's house hung himself in the bathroom, with his tie off the window. He was a great young lad, good job, plenty of money.  No one could ever figure out why he did it. Such a shame young people or anyone can't feel they can reach out for help.

There's such a stigma with mental health that's it's shameful. It's an illness just like another.

For you to carry that with you all these years, it made a powerful impact on you.

Puts things into perspective,.

Atb j 

• Like 1

I took my nephew in to live with us for s while because my sister couldn't take all the pressure at the time. It was suicide watch 24hrs with him. It's unbelievable the pressure and strain that can put on a person. The poor lad had serious issues, and seen things no adult, let alone a child should should have seen.

But thankfully, with the right help he's back to been a normal healthy teen, but he knows now he has a place here to come to if he needs to get away for things for a while.

Atb j 

• Like 7

Lad I trained Jiu jitsu with

one of the nicest lads in the world

good looking incredibly talented artist

took jiu jitsu belt and hung himself of the bannisters 

never got my head around that one

still haunts me to this day

if you understood why people did it you’d be doing it yourself

38 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Suicide was a huge thing in South Wales when I stayed there an my family reckon it only got worse I’m past 10 year or so, all youngsters as well, what a fcuking bleak out look on life you must have todo it.

years back when In yo’s in Swansea I saw a few folk try it, but one lad, a big tall skinny poofy as fcuk lad who’s  surname was kelly, still haunts my dreams a little,  was in next cell an the lad was havin a tough time, lots lads were ripping him for being openly gay am camp as fcuk but he was your typical faggot always over reacting an making a mountain out a mole hill, any ways one night I hear the buzzer an screws goin mad to get the keys to his cell, lad hung himself an had tied his own feet to his neck as well ffs so he couldn’t put them down to save himself, I’ll never forget the look on the lads face all swollen up an blue as they tried to save him on the landing( I’m 90%sure they did an he cut his own wrists further into sentance)

thing that stuck with me all these years later tho ain’t the look on Kelly’s face, or colour or anything like that, it was the reaction of the poor screws that had to deal with him, saw couple a grown hard ex military screws cry like babies that night, an that was for a stranger who was a criminal, just imagine how much that lads own family would have felt if they found him, or one them screws found somebody that really meant summat to em, spoke to the screws about it an they offered a load of us lads therapy an even went to it themselves. But my point is, if that lad had looked out my door that night an saw the way thrm guys fought to save him an how much it affected them then I doubt he would have tried it a second time, suicide is a cnut, everybody but the person commiting suicide can see that, so the mind must be seriously gone for them not see it imo

Seeing such a thing can no doubt put the toughest of lads into some kind of shock. That image will stay with you forever now.

And that hanging epidemic it seemed like in s.wales was very strange.

I think it was over 20 towards 30 teenagers who done it.

They never sussed it out.some were saying some kind of cult type thing if I remember right.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Self harming is a big thing here for teens just now? an it’s all kids you’d never think off, popular kids from decent family’s ffs it’s as tho coming out closet and self harming are in fashion just now up here ☹️

I know you don't know, or have the answer, none of us do, but in your own opinion  why do you think this is happening. 

It would make you worry if you have young kids.

Atb j 

7 minutes ago, jetro said:

Young lad here 21 new year eve, in his sister's house hung himself in the bathroom, with his tie off the window. He was a great young lad, good job, plenty of money.  No one could ever figure out why he did it. Such a shame young people or anyone can't feel they can reach out for help.

There's such a stigma with mental health that's it's shameful. It's an illness just like another.

For you to carry that with you all these years, it made a powerful impact on you.

Puts things into perspective,.

Atb j 

Real shame especially such a young age n like you say if only he'd of got some help or atleast tried, a lot of people luckily can get better I do think tho depending on the situation and what they've been through or going through that some people just can't be helped or get out that hole and they know it.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, All-terrain said:

Recently lost a mate to suicide, he was with me all day the day before and never showed no signs that he was suicidal, I’ll be honest I’ve not been the same since and i don’t think I ever will be again, I keep thinking I should of noticed but I honestly had no idea he was feeling so low, nobody knows what’s going on in people’s minds, he was a strong lad but obviously something had got to him, I still can’t believe he’s gone, it’s like I’ve been living in a nightmare since it happened, i wish I’d known how low he was feeling I’d of stayed with him, I cry every other day thinking about it, and have sort of distanced myself from everyone, i was one the first on the scene, he’d shot himself in the head, i then had to tell he’s brother one of my best mates, I’ve not spoken to anybody about it, I’ve been there for his family and tried staying strong for them and it’s  been hard, reading this thread it’s the first time I’ve spoke about it, suicide is a horrible thing, just wish he’d told us how he was feeling, feel like writing a bit more but can’t so gonna leave it there, At 

Sorry for the loss of you friend At.

You weren't to know, a lot of these people never show signs of it.

As w.k said, talk to some one, don't hold it in. 

Atb j 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Know a few at done it from port Talbot before folk noticed it was becoming quite common, think they made w film about it, my ma told me about it an I tried to watch it, but truth be told it was as depressing as life in some Them valleys an caught the mood perfectly an I couldn’t watch it all☹️

I have heard a few theories on why they done it an the cult thing is mentioned a lot it I think it was for a small bit a fame as the first few I knew of become a bit of a cult hero, folk always talking about them an that ?

I love Wales and am proud to be Welsh.

But I've got to 100% agree.

Them valleys are very bleak.the only reason they are there is because of the coal mines.now all that is gone and the valleys are like ghost towns.

I'm glad to leave the place.no jobs no feck all.depressing place to be in some of them valleys..

6 minutes ago, All-terrain said:

Recently lost a mate to suicide, he was with me all day the day before and never showed no signs that he was suicidal, I’ll be honest I’ve not been the same since and i don’t think I ever will be again, I keep thinking I should of noticed but I honestly had no idea he was feeling so low, nobody knows what’s going on in people’s minds, he was a strong lad but obviously something had got to him, I still can’t believe he’s gone, it’s like I’ve been living in a nightmare since it happened, i wish I’d known how low he was feeling I’d of stayed with him, I cry every other day thinking about it, and have sort of distanced myself from everyone, i was one the first on the scene, he’d shot himself in the head, i then had to tell he’s brother one of my best mates, I’ve not spoken to anybody about it, I’ve been there for his family and tried staying strong for them and it’s  been hard, reading this thread it’s the first time I’ve spoke about it, suicide is a horrible thing, just wish he’d told us how he was feeling, feel like writing a bit more but can’t so gonna leave it there, At 

I know that feeling mate,i had the nightmares .fukin seem real life and can really mess up your normal sleep pattern ,its not good and can turn you into a aggressive,or drinking problem

• Like 2
1 minute ago, king said:

I love Wales and am proud to be Welsh.

But I've got to 100% agree.

Them valleys are very bleak.the only reason they are there is because of the coal mines.now all that is gone and the valleys are like ghost towns.

I'm glad to leave the place.no jobs no feck all.depressing place to be in some of them valleys..

Do you think because of it bleakness, it a cause of suicide amoung some people.

Atb j