Rip love island

11 minutes ago, jetro said:

I know of lads, I worked with and a lot younger than me, that committed suicide, and for the most part money wasn't an issue, or family. Sometimes you will never know.

I know of two teenagers, one 15, not to far away, and one 16 who lived beside a family member. Both hung themselves. 

A 21 year old beside me. No drugs, booze or money involved. 

Atb j 

once that switch flips in the head thats it mate.just thinking back to being a kid and thinking of all the people who have taken there own lives who you knew is crazy.

• Like 3

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is a bit of a simplistic view of this. It ain't like she was up for treason.  Only common assault.  The boyfriend didn't want to press charges anyway. It was plod. First offense, smack on hands a

2 of my close mates lost a parent to suicide...they have struggled with it ever since.. one was only 14 when his mum topped herself, must be a terrible place to be when you can see no other way out bu

I have a lot of respect what you post mate you don't see any media bullying ? she was hounded out as soon as it  came out being arrested and  as it came out she  lost her job ect  that's enough to tip

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Right I’ll try and get back to all of your posts in a oner. 

I find it very unusual that the cozzers were pressing ahead with this which i think means that the level of violence used means that the coppers has to be seen to do something. If her and her fella split what was to say the next time she meant mental with another guy that lamp wouldn’t be a knife? 

I don’t see any media bullying whatsoever , in fact I find the support she had quite sickening from high profile figures as if she been male and doing that to females they would have hung her out to dry. 

I see some high profile media figures giving it the big “celebs are people too” have feelings etc. 

They weren’t so understanding this time last year when they hammered a girl I went to school with into the ground over her behaviour on a t v show . She was dragged into a kangaroo court and vilified. Career destroyed and sent to Coventry. 

But all the support for a lunatic who in reality we all know someone like that. A good looking older single woman who when you add alcohol turns into such a psychopath that no sane man wants anything to do with her. 

I would bet the world she’s been like that for a while. That this won’t be the first lad she’s done this too. 

Sad that she’s dead yes . But I can’t be done with all this beatification of her when the blame lays squarely at her hands and that of her fella who rang the cops .

as for suicides , i feel for anyone who feels they cant continue on this mortal coil.    

my wife lost her father and two brothers in three years. She struggled with her losses when they happened instead she got her act together faced up and raised two wonderful kids. As a family we  experienced a pretty traumatic event late last year . 

Did she reach for the coke , the whiskey or noose? 

No she put on her big girl pants and acted as a woman should . 

Harden the f**k up 

Stupid c**t.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
21 minutes ago, ArchieHood said:

Stupid c**t.

I get your point Archie BUT there are people who have genuine depression who most of us can relate to but there are loads of people out there who milk it and use it for an excuse as not to face the real world!

• Like 1

A lot of the problem is social media.   The girls in My Granddaughters class at primary school aged 11 were put into a class meeting where they were advised about posting stuff online and social media like lads and seudo lads (pervs) getting them to post pictures of themselves ect.  They were told that once you post stuff its out there for ever.  She is now 12 and at second level and the nastiness and bullying is high.  Some of this is from kids with serious mental and family issues.   This aside the whole of society is being dumbed down by unrealistic stupid advertising.   You have only got to look at young girls and the stupid unrealistic way that they have Been coerced to look.  Since when has it been normal to have finger nails about six inches long and lips pumped and posted out like a couple of sausages and false eyelashes like a handbroom.  What's  with this doing squatting exercises to make you bum cheeks bigger and all this twerkng ?  I have even had emails informing me that an amount of people have unfriended me.  Seeing as I aint on any social media it is rather unlikely that I  have Been unfriended.   If I was my reaction would have beèn  Thank Christ for that.  That's a load of wasters that I  ain't got to be concerned about.  But I've  got a pretty thick skin.  This incident will distort her family who will think if only I had !!

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I find it very unusual that the cozzers were pressing ahead with this which i think means that the level of violence used means that the coppers has to be seen to do something. If her and her fella split what was to say the next time she meant mental with another guy that lamp wouldn’t be a knife? 

I don’t see any media bullying whatsoever , in fact I find the support she had quite sickening from high profile figures as if she been male and doing that to females they would have hung her out to dry. 

I see some high profile media figures giving it the big “celebs are people too” have feelings etc. 

They weren’t so understanding this time last year when they hammered a girl I went to school with into the ground over her behaviour on a t v show . She was dragged into a kangaroo court and vilified. Career destroyed and sent to Coventry. 

But all the support for a lunatic who in reality we all know someone like that. A good looking older single woman who when you add alcohol turns into such a psychopath that no sane man wants anything to do with her. 

I would bet the world she’s been like that for a while. That this won’t be the first lad she’s done this too. 

Sad that she’s dead yes . But I can’t be done with all this beatification of her when the blame lays squarely at her hands and that of her fella who rang the cops .

as for suicides , i feel for anyone who feels they cant continue on this mortal coil.    

my wife lost her father and two brothers in three years. She struggled with her losses when they happened instead she got her act together faced up and raised two wonderful kids. As a family we  experienced a pretty traumatic event late last year . 

Harden the f**k up 

All people and situations are different, sometimes giving the head a wobble and cracking on can be a good thing but for others it can lead to a life time of torture no one knows what each individual is going through or what they can do about it if they've really hit the bottom, for some people sometimes there really is no way out.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, dodger said:

All people and situations are different, sometimes giving the head a wobble and cracking on can be a good thing but for others it can lead to a life time of torture no one knows what each individual is going through or what they can do about it if they've really hit the bottom, for some people sometimes there really is no way out.

its a very powerful topic mate..

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Did she reach for the coke , the whiskey or noose? Maybe 

Harden the f**k up 

I have a lot of respect what you post mate you don't see any media bullying ? she was hounded out as soon as it  came out being arrested and  as it came out she  lost her job ect  that's enough to tip some over I lived with my first wife who had issues she stabbed me twice once whilst I was asleep that's mental health  my youngest is autistic at twelve years old he self harms and talks about suicide we check on him 3/4 a night not knowing what you might find is hard but  trust me stiff it's harder for him than us but you can't blame her fella those that want to do it say nothing you have to live it stiff before you can really appreciate what some go through daily 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Oh f**k off kingy , 

she was on trial in 6 weeks , didn’t fancy the fall out , and weighed herself in at a split second decision. 

Cowardly. Dying is easy , it’s living that takes balls 

2 of my close mates lost a parent to suicide...they have struggled with it ever since.. one was only 14 when his mum topped herself, must be a terrible place to be when you can see no other way out but death...

I agree that for most of us this seems a cop.out and an extremely selfish act... but the mind can be a terrible thing, I feel sorry for anyone who makes such a terrible decision.... I feel even more sorry for those left behind...

• Like 10
3 minutes ago, Meece said:

A lot of the problem is social media.   The girls in My Granddaughters class at primary school aged 11 were put into a class meeting where they were advised about posting stuff online and social media like lads and seudo lads (pervs) getting them to post pictures of themselves ect.  They were told that once you post stuff its out there for ever.  She is now 12 and at second level and the nastiness and bullying is high.  Some of this is from kids with serious mental and family issues.   This aside the whole of society is being dumbed down by unrealistic stupid advertising.   You have only got to look at young girls and the stupid unrealistic way that they have Been coerced to look.  Since when has it been normal to have finger nails about six inches long and lips pumped and posted out like a couple of sausages and false eyelashes like a handbroom.  What's  with this doing squatting exercises to make you bum cheeks bigger and all this twerkng ?  I have even had emails informing me that an amount of people have unfriended me.  Seeing as I aint on any social media it is rather unlikely that I  have Been unfriended.   If I was my reaction would have beèn  Thank Christ for that.  That's a load of wasters that I  ain't got to be concerned about.  But I've  got a pretty thick skin.  This incident will distort her family who will think if only I had !!

I feel for the families and loyal friends of people that have been in this situation but sometimes there's families etc that don't do enough until it's to late, then you get times when people don't know what to say to each other and life goes on etc and the sufferer continues to suffer or can try to isolate themselves which also makes it difficult for families, real proper depression just a horrible thing all round and affects everyone different as well as situations..

• Like 3
40 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Harden the f**k up 

Agree with the sentiment, but the facts need to be right...

The bloke never called the cops and pressed no charges... the charges were brought by the cps...the bloke (as far as I know) still wanted to be with her, but there was a restraining order...

A drunken fight between a couple that went wrong, not the first and certainly not the last...who knows why she killed herself..some bad state of mind... and obviously didn't have the coping mechanism in built when.times get rough....sad all round in my book...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, si brown said:

I get your point Archie BUT there are people who have genuine depression who most of us can relate to but there are loads of people out there who milk it and use it for an excuse as not to face the real world!

Nah....killing yourself ain't an excuse for not facing the world, I just cant see it...there must be a huge trigger in your brain that goes from.depressed to suicidal...

• Like 1

the most fearless lad i ever knew and the hardest lad i will ever know. hung himself from a door handle threw the rope over the top and lifted and held his legs up.age 27.

you wouldn't in a million years think he would of done that..

but once that switch flips in the head.feck knows what happens...

A lad òf 24,  two doors away from one of my daughters hung himself in his room upstairs during the day when his family were downstairs watching TV !!!   Ok apparently they knew he had problems but nothing to suggest that he would do something like that. Another bloke  that I knew was at work on a farm and drove into the yard,  walked past other workers having their lunch,  got his dog and gun,  walked out the back of the buildings,  shot the dog and then himself.  Another bloke that I knew of worked all morning, went to the pub for his usual lunchtime pint, got in his car, went into a wooded track, put the radio on and the rubber pipe that he'd put in the boot for the purpose and gasped himself.  Another bloke who got a petrol genny out of stock,  loaded it into the back of his diesel van.  Drove to a spot looking out to sea and started the genny up gassing  himself.  They All had wives and young kids.  All of these incidents were meticulously thought out without feeling for the consequences to the ones that they left behind. Their minds were gone so deep. And no one knew why they had done it. They were the unseen victims of these actions. And all they can think is if only I had done ......... It's bad enough when the reaper calls, but that is gods way. But not this.

9 minutes ago, Meece said:

A lad òf 24,  two doors away from one of my daughters hung himself in his room upstairs during the day when his family were downstairs watching TV !!!   Ok apparently they knew he had problems but nothing to suggest that he would do something like that. Another bloke  that I knew was at work on a farm and drove into the yard,  walked past other workers having their lunch,  got his dog and gun,  walked out the back of the buildings,  shot the dog and then himself.  Another bloke that I knew of worked all morning, went to the pub for his usual lunchtime pint, got in his car, went into a wooded track, put the radio on and the rubber pipe that he'd put in the boot for the purpose and gasped himself.  Another bloke who got a petrol genny out of stock,  loaded it into the back of his diesel van.  Drove to a spot looking out to sea and started the genny up gassing  himself.  They All had wives and young kids.  All of these incidents were meticulously thought out without feeling for the consequences to the ones that they left behind. Their minds were gone so deep. And no one knew why they had done it. They were the unseen victims of these actions. And all they can think is if only I had done ......... It's bad enough when the reaper calls, but that is gods way. But not this.

thats a lot of lads mate..

they say the human brain is the most powerful thing in the universe.and nothing in nature or man made is perfect..everything has a flaw in it.