Rip love island

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is a bit of a simplistic view of this. It ain't like she was up for treason.  Only common assault.  The boyfriend didn't want to press charges anyway. It was plod. First offense, smack on hands a

2 of my close mates lost a parent to suicide...they have struggled with it ever since.. one was only 14 when his mum topped herself, must be a terrible place to be when you can see no other way out bu

I have a lot of respect what you post mate you don't see any media bullying ? she was hounded out as soon as it  came out being arrested and  as it came out she  lost her job ect  that's enough to tip

Posted Images

As already mentioned, there are people in all walks of life who want to live but for whatever reasons cant, then you have people taking there own lives and there family and friends who they leave behind are left to deal with it ! Flack had  a platform with her job and this sends out the wrong message to younger impressionable people imo !

Edited by MickC
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I suppose that with so many people in the world that there will be an amount of wastage.  There is such a pressure on  the young right from when they are at primary school. Social media puts so much strain on young girls and women to get their bits out and are preyed on by those using social media to fool and gain trust to get into knickers ect. Young men are stressed by the social expectation of success which given job prospects .  everything is being advertised as way out of line with normality.   Girls can't all lòok like a princess, clever with a full set and young blokes can't all be taĺl dark and hansom, hung like a donkey with a job title to match.  Although it isn't known the circumstances of Caroline's demise it is sad that this has happened.  There was plenty of life to live.  When this happens I  always think of , if someone had Been there to help.  When one of my girls was at uni,  3 foriegn  students felt that they couldnt cope with family expectations and ended it.  What a waste. several off of love island have gone down and they've got everything that fits the pattern idea.

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Oh f**k off kingy , 

she was on trial in 6 weeks , didn’t fancy the fall out , and weighed herself in at a split second decision. 

Cowardly. Dying is easy , it’s living that takes balls 

did i quote her in my post stiffy,there was 6500 suicides in the uk last year..how many of them were facing a court case..and how many were down to mental health issues..

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Oh f**k off kingy , 

she was on trial in 6 weeks , didn’t fancy the fall out , and weighed herself in at a split second decision. 

Cowardly. Dying is easy , it’s living that takes balls 

That is a bit of a simplistic view of this. It ain't like she was up for treason.  Only common assault.  The boyfriend didn't want to press charges anyway. It was plod. First offense, smack on hands and sent for councilling  She had problems like a lot of people.  being in the spotlight  with cameramen waiting at every turn being bullied on social media with even death threats from internet nutters cant be easy. like the royals find.  I suppose it could be argued that if you choose to make a good living as a celebrity you run the risk of infuriating the mob and having it turn on you. The very media that built you up will then rip you to pieces. That said, there's something nasty about the kind of prurient, judgmental glee with which the mob greets any fall from grace. Pretty much everyone who has lived has made mistakes, or done things that were either wrong or could be construed in a bad light. so nobody really has the right to cast stones at others whose personal lives have  taken a wrong turn. In different circumstances it might be any one of us. I Feel very sorry for her family, loved ones, and friends. Not only the loss, but there's probably an unfair but bitter sense of guilt that they should or could have done more to help. Horrible and tragic all round.

Edit.. some text in this post has been copied from a post elsewhere.

Edited by Meece
  • Like 10

I know of lads, I worked with and a lot younger than me, that committed suicide, and for the most part money wasn't an issue, or family. Sometimes you will never know.

I know of two teenagers, one 15, not to far away, and one 16 who lived beside a family member. Both hung themselves. 

A 21 year old beside me. No drugs, booze or money involved. 

Atb j 

• Like 2

there is also a dark side to mental health aswell stiff.

here is an example..you are feeling low = depressed really bad feel like shit.but have a family to support.

now your job depends on a medical from the doctor.for driving heavy plant 300 ton excavator or 150 ton loaded cat 777 dumper.or applying to drive a train etc.

every job on the hs2 involving driving plant you will need a medical from the doctor.for even a 1.5 ton digger or a small 9 ton dumper.

now you need to keep your job or apply for a job.so what do you do go to the doctor and get some antidepressants to feel better.and risk failing a medical so lose your job or get refused a new job.or carry on working and feeling deeply depressed..

now that is the catch 22 right there...

3 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Life walks a fine line between sane and insane 

Do you think Len, it's the pace of life today, and the pressure it puts on the younger generation to live a life that's almost impossible. 

Or it it that you can't say anything to certain people without up setting them, and they have these thoughts and break downs.

Atb j 

• Like 4

Right I’ll try and get back to all of your posts in a oner. 

I find it very unusual that the cozzers were pressing ahead with this which i think means that the level of violence used means that the coppers has to be seen to do something. If her and her fella split what was to say the next time she meant mental with another guy that lamp wouldn’t be a knife? 

I don’t see any media bullying whatsoever , in fact I find the support she had quite sickening from high profile figures as if she been male and doing that to females they would have hung her out to dry. 

I see some high profile media figures giving it the big “celebs are people too” have feelings etc. 

They weren’t so understanding this time last year when they hammered a girl I went to school with into the ground over her behaviour on a t v show . She was dragged into a kangaroo court and vilified. Career destroyed and sent to Coventry. 

But all the support for a lunatic who in reality we all know someone like that. A good looking older single woman who when you add alcohol turns into such a psychopath that no sane man wants anything to do with her. 

I would bet the world she’s been like that for a while. That this won’t be the first lad she’s done this too. 

Sad that she’s dead yes . But I can’t be done with all this beatification of her when the blame lays squarely at her hands and that of her fella who rang the cops .

as for suicides , i feel for anyone who feels they cant continue on this mortal coil.    

my wife lost her father and two brothers in three years. She struggled with her losses when they happened instead she got her act together faced up and raised two wonderful kids. As a family we  experienced a pretty traumatic event late last year . 

Did she reach for the coke , the whiskey or noose? 

No she put on her big girl pants and acted as a woman should . 

Harden the f**k up 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Waz said:

Drug induced mental health problems. Id say are high (pun unintentional). 

recon that counts for a lot of it... weed now is fcukin lethal, kids think its cool!

its shite, we use to have a laugh now you sit in a corner tripping out! wtf

this new generation are dopey as f**k without topping it up

• Like 2
  • Confused 1