cabinet reshuffle

ill blame the crap weather and bad back for this!

had Wednesday off work due to the crap weather and met up with me fox bashing pal as he'd been rained off to.. 

we met up at the pig farm thats surrounded by loads of separate woods geared up for a syndicate shoot, we cant shoot these woods during the season so its green light time. 

so we set off with a shotgun each and walked opposite parallels of the woods, theres loads of crows due to there love of pig sh1t and plenty of Woodys and a few squirrels!

you'd think there were loads of squirrels when you see the state of some of the trees.... anyway the walk about was more of a find the fox runs and work out where we are going to ambush them tomorrow morning if it stops raining!

well we sussed some good places to set up and wait and bagged a right random bag in the process thats been divided and left for the gingers.

upshot is my backs killing and waking round wasn't much fun so the Beretta semi has gone, there was nothing wrong with it and I cant knock it at all but I got board and the shop was open so ive ended up chopping it in for a lighter new bird.. never had a new semi so it thought feckit. 

out with the old

350CD3EF-EA3E-49CC-A721-6C96C4C3683E_1_201_a.jpeg.1e4d3b4811ab2e0eec773a058d373586.jpeg

in with the new

006D3F83-997D-4A9C-98B9-F5DB8129D063_1_201_a.jpeg.04a6499af74f8ae2762930c3f6613043.jpeg

it was blowing like f and pissin down on the way back so called in on a nearby farm and put a quick few through her to see what it pattered like,

got in a sheltered area and this is a two shot pattern at about 30yrd with what's supposed to be 1/4 choke but looks more like a half pattern to me, 

we've said 6am start tomorrow but agreed if its still pissin down its a no go

60AE04FD-1CD3-4F46-A54F-F1EABD707C4B_1_201_a.jpeg.110325a0a1339c0d601ee63988db0320.jpeg

• Like 5

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ill blame the crap weather and bad back for this! had Wednesday off work due to the crap weather and met up with me fox bashing pal as he'd been rained off to..  we met up at the pig farm th

With my eyesight and the wind twos better than one?

That is a thing of beauty, only down side is it chucks the cartridge out the wrong side for all the best lads ??

Posted Images

I was thinking of getting a semi, just bought 23 acres of land, but do you need a SGC or can I put it on my FAC? Only shotguns I ever had were on the farm in the 70's and never registered. Only be for geese as the .308 tends to just red mist them ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Gav said:

I was thinking of getting a semi, just bought 23 acres of land, but do you need a SGC or can I put it on my FAC? Only shotguns I ever had were on the farm in the 70's and never registered. Only be for geese as the .308 tends to just red mist them ?

Your gonna have to get a SGC or if you want more than three shots get it on your FAC.

Up there I would just use the rifle buddy. Then again, slugs might come in handy for you too!

• Like 1
Just now, Sausagedog said:

Your gonna have to get a SGC or if you want more than three shots get it on your FAC.

Up there I would just use the rifle buddy. Then again, slugs might come in handy for you too!

I was thinking of a 7+1 and just keep it at 4, weight an all! Be easier to do a variation I think then, saves paying for two tickets. Is ammo limited on FAC shotguns? Also thought slugs were outlawed here and max for SG was BB.

Can ye tell I'm not a SG man yet ?

I can use the .17 or .22 for geese but have to shoot em up the arse, .22 just bounce of the feathers, I have tried ?

I just wanna new toy to be honest ?

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Gav said:

I was thinking of a 7+1 and just keep it at 4, weight an all! Be easier to do a variation I think then, saves paying for two tickets. Is ammo limited on FAC shotguns? Also thought slugs were outlawed here and max for SG was BB.

Can ye tell I'm not a SG man yet ?

I can use the .17 or .22 for geese but have to shoot em up the arse, .22 just bounce of the feathers, I have tried ?

I just wanna new toy to be honest ?

My mate just put one on his fac but I’m sure there’s some rule about them only being able to hold 3 shells for geese!!

not 100% on that though

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, philpot said:

Nice one Si, the Benelli is nothing short of superb mate, a very good choice.  If that is two shots, It looks ok but it would be a damm site easier to judge with one shot..........  

A good move Si

Phil

With my eyesight and the wind twos better than one?

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, si brown said:

My mate just put one on his fac but I’m sure there’s some rule about them only being able to hold 3 shells for geese!!

not 100% on that though

I'll see what the FEO says here.

I'll tell the wife it's all your fault too, posting pics of shiney new toys ? Did I ever mention I like shiney things, my preciouses ?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, philpot said:

I can arrange for you to have the operation as well Si if it helps......................................?

Phil

go for it Phil..

ask um if I can have replacement discs for me replacement discs while there at it ?

the pills aint working no more so its back to self medication:drink:

• Sad 1
12 minutes ago, Stavross said:

That is a thing of beauty, only down side is it chucks the cartridge out the wrong side for all the best lads ??

cheers stav...never really thought about that!

do they hit you or just wizz past your head?!

me more or less brother inlaw had a clay day over your way last weekend and loved it and is wanting to have another go at it!

hes cack handed but right eye dominant.. how do we tackle that scenario :hmm: