Supplements for dog

Took me old dog to vets yesterday to get a him checked over and get a blood test done.He is a tough old fecker and don,t show pain much but was a bit out of sorts but nothing i could put my finger on. Anyway  got the results today and he says got some liver problem not bad but says it can be sorted through diet. he said feed more rice and potatoes and calcium supplement . He is a good vet but don't reckon diet is his best subject lol  . I feed them raw most of the time with a bit of tinned or kibble and a bit of veg. Been looking for a multi supplement to add to is diet any of you guys got any advice on the best one to get ,been looking on the net but its full of different shit  and a bit confusing for a thick old fecker like me. Anyone point me in the right direction would be appreciated 

Just ordered these any good or just wasting me money ?

AniForte Meat & Bone Meal 2kg: Raw Dog Food Supplement with High Calcium

AniForte BARF Complete for Dogs 1000g - 100% Natural Premium Barf Supplement, high-quality Barf Powder, important nutrients, Minerals, Vitamins, daily all-round care, Raw Food Diet

4 minutes ago, Dinosaurs said:

Used to be called SA37 think the changed name a while back. Someone will correct me if im wrong. Hope you get it sorted. Atb 

It’s now called sf50 I raise all my pups on it and give it to my dogs when they are working particularly hard .......

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, TOMO said:

I would find out exactly what that liver  problem is called......

Then you can Google it.....that way you might be able to find out exactly what your options are

Will go up and see him and see what else he can tell me , He is Russian  and i can not understand him to well on the phone but said its nothing to worry about to much

49 minutes ago, white van man said:

I wouldn’t get supplements for the calcium. Just add things to its grub that are higher in calcium. Bone, egg shells, broccoli, sardines etc. Not sure what the adding rice and potatoes is for? 

He has plenty of chicken frames just thought a supplement may do him some good. as for the potatoes and rice He is Andrea  Pretorius  replacement and he used to say give them potatoes too lol

My terrier was just diagnosed with an enlarged liver I feed her raw and when I checked online most information stated that white meat was better for her so she is on chicken, Turkey, fish and rice and tripe once a week they did a full blood test and everything was fine he said she might of always had it she is getting a scan done early next week as I'm wanting to take a litter from her and would rather be sure its nothing that could harm her changing her diet seems to of worked though 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, CA$H 91 said:

I give myn salmon oil  a thing called propell plus ...resperater boost and B12  and waramo 

Screenshot_20200215-184449_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200215-184400_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200215-184306_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200215-184220_Samsung Internet.jpg

When I used to race the pigeons I used to give them a shot of that b12 on the Thursday night just like a vitamin boost red cells the same 

• Like 2