Back out at the bunnies ?

Even though it’s windy and a little bit rainy, I thought I’d treat myself to a walk out after a bit of ferret food for a mate, on arrival I realised that the wind was a little bit stronger than I was expecting, cutting through the valley and blowing straight at me, still making the best of it I managed 7 for 12 shots, in my defence a few of them were at a fair distance and with the wind buffering me that was my excuse for a miss or two, after gathering the 3 for my mate and placing the other 4 in strategic places as bait for a future fox shooting trip I headed for home, for a whiskey ? and a warm ?

3841A255-CFFB-4CD5-BEE0-F9F61D485FC2.jpeg

ADD900A4-1457-430E-88A3-2B3A79E5678C.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even though it’s windy and a little bit rainy, I thought I’d treat myself to a walk out after a bit of ferret food for a mate, on arrival I realised that the wind was a little bit stronger than I was

Could’ve done with a drop of gravy, other than that it was delicious ?     ?

https://images.app.goo.gl/jCnnaPK8iutdUvYw6

Posted Images

I was out last night with the .22 in pursuit of bunnies too. The ground was absolutely saturated and muddy ,no grass left on fields. Very challenging as bunnies were a bit shy as I'm not the only one on this ground but I love a challenge......anyway ended up with 15 rabbits and 2 rats.

20200215_001820.jpg

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Stavross said:

Even though it’s windy and a little bit rainy, I thought I’d treat myself to a walk out after a bit of ferret food for a mate, on arrival I realised that the wind was a little bit stronger than I was expecting, cutting through the valley and blowing straight at me, still making the best of it I managed 7 for 12 shots, in my defence a few of them were at a fair distance and with the wind buffering me that was my excuse for a miss or two, after gathering the 3 for my mate and placing the other 4 in strategic places as bait for a future fox shooting trip I headed for home, for a whiskey ? and a warm ?

3841A255-CFFB-4CD5-BEE0-F9F61D485FC2.jpeg

ADD900A4-1457-430E-88A3-2B3A79E5678C.jpeg

Still a good result stavross?

• Like 1

Good going mate, especially with the weather, I know what that place is like when the wind picks up, proper wild, not to mention freezing. Should be out next week I'm getting cabin fever. I wish this weather would feck off so normal duties can be resumed. 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Longshanx said:

Get a trail cam set up SD, at least you'll get a rough time line when he's turning up

Was going too but walkers pass close by in the day. It's a clever one. I photographed it weeks ago on the trail cam. In every shot it was looking at the ir light and it never returned.

When I saw it Thursday night it was staring at the ir of the pard spotter.

It's a smart one for certain. If the rain let's up about 11pm I may just try catching her out again, I say her, I'm convinced it's a vixen.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Was going too but walkers pass close by in the day. It's a clever one. I photographed it weeks ago on the trail cam. In every shot it was looking at the ir light and it never returned.

It's a smart one for certain. If the rain let's up about 11pm I may just try catching her out again, I say her, I'm convinced it's a vixen.

Got a fox  trap which may be of some help SD  ?

Phil

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

Sounds like some lamping type scrote has missed it with a red lamp.?  I get quite a few of them here and they can be a real challenge.