Perfect land?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s no perfect land only a perfect place an that’s layed on the sofa because you can ensure no dog got damaged asleep on the sofa ?? It’s one of them things if you work em they will pick up injuri

Dont know if perfect land exists. We just head for darkness and hope for the best.  He who dares....

Posted Images

20 hours ago, king said:

My bull x was hanging upside down 1 night.back leg trapped in 2 strands of barb wire proper stuck. 

That was hard work trying to get him free from it..

You are right it's horrible stuff.

Over here that accounts for a lot of dead roos,around me you won't go 100m without seeing a chewed off roo leg still in the fence.No getting out of that.

7 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Over here that accounts for a lot of dead roos,around me you won't go 100m without seeing a chewed off roo leg still in the fence.No getting out of that.

Brutal, seen a fair few deer over the years hung up in fences. What’s chewing the Roos legs off? Dingos?

2 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Barb wire the culprit mate 

On 14/02/2020 at 08:49, poxon said:

There’s no perfect land only a perfect place an that’s layed on the sofa because you can ensure no dog got damaged asleep on the sofa ?? It’s one of them things if you work em they will pick up injuries no matter how careful you are I’ve had dogs that are mainly greyhound bred that have served well with minimal injury throughout there career and I’ve had dogs with a fair bit of base blood that have picked up injury’s more readily on the same land that racey dogs never picked up none it all swings in roundabouts 

On 14/02/2020 at 00:23, socks said:

97B5CA7D-57DC-4033-85E9-52AA2B517969.jpeg

Looks good socks, is that your perfect dog or hopefully your perfect dog. My point was the diversity of different land , what dog can do it all, i had a saluki whippet that was brilliant on woodland work, i wont say coursing because its intermittent short dangerous runs, that gave me near bloody heart attacks watching her she was 23tts weighing in at 32lbs could turn on a six pence, but she was no hare dog only ever caught a couple.But to get a dog to run all types of land requires a variation in size and weight in my opinion.

7 hours ago, king said:

Barb wire the culprit mate 

Mainly barbed but sometimes highly strung plain wire.The roos bounce down on the top wire,push it past the second wire and that's it,probably the same for your dog.After you saying that I'm going to take a small pair of bolt cutters in my bag.your dog was lucky you were there.

1 minute ago, Aussie Whip said:

Mainly barbed but sometimes highly strung plain wire.The roos bounce down on the top wire,push it past the second wire and that's it,probably the same for your dog.After you saying that I'm going to take a small pair of bolt cutters in my bag.your dog was lucky you were there.

do they try to use the top wire to bounce off.i was about 60yds away from him yea lucky he wasn't out of sight really...

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, king said:

do they try to use the top wire to bounce off.i was about 60yds away from him yea lucky he wasn't out of sight really...

Yeah,I've seen them do it,I've tried to save rarer type wallabies from it but they usually have bone sticking out so it's kinder to put down.Horrible death for them,they could be stuck for days.

1 minute ago, Aussie Whip said:

Yeah,I've seen them do it,I've tried to save rarer type wallabies from it but they usually have bone sticking out so it's kinder to put down.Horrible death for them,they could be stuck for days.

you must see loads of dried out carcass hanging on the fences out there mate..

4 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Occasionally but the foxes,feral dogs usually chew them down,just see the bottom part of the leg left in the wire.

whats your laws on hunting the foxs and feral dogs and roo's with dogs mate..

was looking at this coyote hunting in america yesterday after dilly said to look on youtube for it..

• Like 1