transit or iveco

Every car,truck on earth seems to run renault,fiat engines what the hell,mates got a big dodge ram 1500,thats got a fiat engine in it.my transits clean,drives great and is comfy,but always something going wrong,.in the last few weeks its had,new starter motor,water pump,belt plus tensioner,handbrake cable,front wheel bearings,rear brakes,oil,servi pump or something like that,mass air flow sensor or one of them type things,2 rear stabilisers,2 new batts,tyres,iknow somethings are just general wear n tear,but its always something.

3 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Every car,truck on earth seems to run renault,fiat engines what the hell,mates got a big dodge ram 1500,thats got a fiat engine in it.my transits clean,drives great and is comfy,but always something going wrong,.in the last few weeks its had,new starter motor,water pump,belt plus tensioner,handbrake cable,front wheel bearings,rear brakes,oil,servi pump or something like that,mass air flow sensor or one of them type things,2 rear stabilisers,2 new batts,tyres,iknow somethings are just general wear n tear,but its always something.

What year is it mate ? 

Had my current  one 5/6 years, changed tyres, wheel bearings brakes and clutch in that time all normal wear and tear, touching wood as I right this but been a good reliable wagon decent mpg and never let me down once but as I said won’t be touching another transit after this one, as they are no longer the cheap reliable old workhorse they were, would give an older sprinter a go if not the Iveco personally  ✌️✌️

30 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Its a 2011 ,has done 110,000 so i expect things to go wrong.its probably the cleanest 2011 tipper in england,straight sides,lovely interior,no rips in seats.its not your usual mackers shit hole.

If the truck is that nice just stick a smiley engine in it with a turbo on to bring it up to speed and your good for about half a million miles with a few services and clean fuel ✌️✌️

I could design a tipper,can carry max load before needing the license,and o license.can tow 3.5ton,got super hot foot heater to dry your boots,inbuilt microwave,kettle,small fridge.got a merc,or isuzu engine.lots of storage under tipper bed.plenty cup holders.??

3 minutes ago, Greyman said:

If the truck is that nice just stick a smiley engine in it with a turbo on to bring it up to speed and your good for about half a million miles with a few services and clean fuel ✌️✌️

Yup could do,but prob get a iveco,got far too many motors on the go.getting silly now

• Like 1

I would stay away from a sprinter after 2014, they have a lot of DPF and fuel pump/injector problems, if you are set on a daily you want a euro 5, the euro 6 although basically the same 2.3 engine, everything that’s bolted to it is different, they have a high and low pressure EGR and they are nothing but trouble, a good thing to check if you have a diagnostic when looking at one is the sootmass grams in the DPF to make sure the auto regeneration is working correctly, if they have not been getting good runs the  delta P sensor pipe work tends to get blocked and this gives the impression the DPF is blocked

2 minutes ago, Fellman Mark said:

Iveco for me had a few transits but I’ve got a 61 reg daily now had it about 5 years only had hand brake cables and rear callipers drives lovely aswell

Every daily that year has had rear calipers and cables, another one is always front wishbone bushes, if you ever need any of these for MOT don’t buy any, message me and I’ll send you some, the after market ones are rubbish and the iveco ones are a fortune, I’ve got loads of new ones laid around 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sound pal really appreciate that 

1 hour ago, Stavross said:

Every daily that year has had rear calipers and cables, another one is always front wishbone bushes, if you ever need any of these for MOT don’t buy any, message me and I’ll send you some, the after market ones are rubbish and the iveco ones are a fortune, I’ve got loads of new ones laid around 

I've got an old VW LT35 panel van with the 2.8 engine that is still going strong. Mechanics keep telling me to hold on to it for as long as possible because the newer Crafters and Sprinters have many problems. Might have to start looking at small crane lorries the way I want to take the business, not liking the sound of the extra costs. Iveco seem a popular choice for the job.

• Like 1