HS2 given the nod.

One of the reasons for HS2 is to use more freight trains for transporting goods which apparently will take 76 large lorry’s off the road everyday helping ease motorway congestion, also because high speed trains are so fast they have to clear the tracks at the moment so they don’t jam up meaning tracks can have no service for 45 minutes at a time. The new tracks will mean existing tracks to be used for more local trains meaning less congestion. I know there are many negatives but our rail service is antiquated and desperately needs upgrading and improving. 

Edited by Bobtheferret
  • Like 2
12 minutes ago, Balaur said:

So what would be a better solution to improve transport infrastructure?

Turn the tracks into Roads ! that is what they were going to do when Beeching closed them down but all the Big Nobs  bought into Concrete and built the M1 making millions on the way . One of the biggest scandals of the 60s what you never hear mentioned 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, king said:

The country is expanding and the population is growing.

Just have to move with the times I suppose..

the country isn't expanding its the same size it's always been. the population is the problem stop fxxxcking letting them in. no government in the last 40 years has got to grips with immigration its to fxxxcking late now 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, fred90 said:

the country isn't expanding its the same size it's always been. the population is the problem stop fxxxcking letting them in. no government in the last 40 years has got to grips with immigration its to fxxxcking late now 

I know the country is the same physical size now as it was 1000yrs ago.

I mean the infrastructure is expanding

The amount of houses is expanding and the population is expanding.

To meet them needs the country needs new bypasses and land for building etc.

And now hs2..

3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Heard 1% of the cost of hs2, could modernise the whole of the welsh rail network..... 

Didn't know getting Ivor the engine and Jones the steam out of retirement would cost so much!,

24c58e9147f325383d9b4bb615eb2e31.jpg

Edited by robertb123
  • Haha 6
On 12/02/2020 at 01:19, baker boy said:

More countryside lost forever

Yep. There’s work going on everywhere round by us now. A few places we have gone for a wander the last few seasons are full of machinery and workers now digging the place up. Shame really but the way the worlds changing I suppose it was inevitable it would go ahead. Well they’ve already started, didn’t think they would have done all they have to now change there minds