Colds and flue!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like to insert a raw onion up my anus, nothing to do with the topic but I thought I'd just mention it....

One of my kids is a teacher and one a dental nurse two of the worse professions for picking up other people’s germs, I take a spoonful of honey every day and eat several portions of fruit and veg, I c

Don’t google your symptoms either it will tell you you’ve got the horrible C word I made mistake of doing that and I’ve been shitting myself .. anyone else’s tonsils asymmetrical??? Lol anyone ?? ☹️

3 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

I like to insert a raw onion up my anus, nothing to do with the topic but I thought I'd just mention it....

Is this in sympathy with the Christmas bird.  Do you use the sprig of thyme also ?

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Meece said:

The grand kids are disease carriers. They go to nursery / school and get stuff . And we suffer for it. The worst was Norovirus.  Grandaughter got it gave it to mum,  wife went to help them and got it.  She came back and gave it to us.  We all lost a complete week.  Moral is, send wife don't let her come back !???.  Norovirus is the worst thing I have ever experienced.  It is no fun to be sitting on the pan and throwing up into the bath at the same time whilst two others are fighting for the pan and the bath all at the same time. Or rolling about on the kitchen floor in agony and a cold sweat at 3 am. An illness you'd definitely wish on your worst enemy.  Colds = vitamin C.  Apple or Orange juice daily.

Wife brought that home the other week, i was fuming...how inconsiderate. Week was a write off. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MH1 said:

Wife brought that home the other week, i was fuming...how inconsiderate. Week was a write off. 

Beastly woman ??.  Didnt you scrub her down with a wire brush and detol ?  Then quarantine her out in the shed with a bucket  and a bale of straw ?

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Meece said:

Beastly woman ??.  Didnt you scrub her down with a wire brush and detol ?  Then quarantine her out in the shed with a bucket  and a bale of straw ?

I tried to avoid her when she had it but that was no good because I got it a day or two later!

I know that this virus has killed over 1000 people but I just watched the local BBC news and the reporters and editors need to be wheeled in and given a  serious  word in their ear.   What a load of shallow sensationalist crud.  Only two people have died outside of China and about 46,000 people in total  have been infected. Mostly when China .  I don't know how many people die each year through normal flu ect but the people who have died from this outbrake have mainly been old and with other health problems.  Some of the General public were going a bit paranoid and saying that they weren't going back to the doctors surgery because they might get it. Masks do not stop this. You have to breathe.   Keeping clean and washing your hands is far more effective.  Bog door handles, shopping trolley handles anything can transmit the virus spores that's why a lot of places have the alcohol hand wipe liquid.  Back when the so called Spanish Flu killed between 50--100 million people the only place that didnt suffer were islands that completely banned anyone from landing on the islands.  With modern transport and the population density , IF we ever get an aggressive pandemic the death toll , panic and civil unrest could be unreal and make mad max like toy story.  This is where the prepers  get so paranoid about things.

Edited by Meece
  • Like 1
44 minutes ago, MH1 said:

I tried to avoid her when she had it but that was no good because I got it a day or two later!

You know how bad it is,  ( the muscle pain, the cold sweats, the rots and voms, the strained muscles and the complete draining of strength for at least a couple of weeks) still I believe that if you've had it you are sort of immune for a while.... until a new strain comes along.  When I  went back to work they all kept away from me for some time. That was quite good.

and I'm sure that you WOULD wish it on your worst enemy

Ps there is a program about the Spanish Flu on BBC 2 now time 23.35

Edited by Meece
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Blasted kids are the worst. I have threatend to install an isolation tent for grandkid visits....for the grandkid.

Wretched critters!

I think that its got to be something to do with the fact that they are closely linked genetically with us that we are susceptible to their version of the virus that they are carrying.  Like they say " the tiģhter the knit the closer The fit."  

The program about the Spanish Flu last night was very interesting.  We know so much  more now about viruses and how they work that a serious aggressive pathogen  like the Spanish flue wouldn't have it all it's own way but it would still take a lot especially in crowded places like refugee camps or poor countries with rural populations similar situation to the Ebola outbreak in Africa last year..Crowded  Refugee camps with poor santation ànd/ or poor education and weird cultural  beliefs would be a da gerous breeding ground.  These viruses act like an alien being in that they become less dangerous when they establish themselves in our bodies.  A bit like, if you kill the hand that feeds you,  you are killing yourself. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Meece said:

I think that its got to be something to do with the fact that they are closely linked genetically with us that we are susceptible to their version of the virus that they are carrying.  Like they say " the tiģhter the knit the closer The fit."  

The program about the Spanish Flu last night was very interesting.  We know so much  more now about viruses and how they work that a serious aggressive pathogen  like the Spanish flue wouldn't have it all it's own way but it would still take a lot especially in crowded places like refugee camps or poor countries with rural populations similar situation to the Ebola outbreak in Africa last year..Crowded  Refugee camps with poor santation ànd/ or poor education and weird cultural  beliefs would be a da gerous breeding ground.  These viruses act like an alien being in that they become less dangerous when they establish themselves in our bodies.  A bit like, if you kill the hand that feeds you,  you are killing yourself. 

Bit like my Mrs then....she likes biting the hand that feeds her ?