Snowing well here now.

39 minutes ago, jetro said:

That looks nice

Atb j 

Nooooooooo. Don't do snow. It's cold, wet and is a pain in the .... everywhere.   We ain't got any and I  don't want any. Send your location and I'll  be out there  dancing around the totem pole. Whoping and wailing like a sambo redskin at a voodoo meeting to deflect the snow to anywhere else. Don't lick the yellow snow ice lollies.

A bit breezy but bright sunny blue sky at the mo.

Edited by Meece
  • Haha 2

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it might mate. The more the better. I love getting out there in the snow following tracks..

Bet Ted is laughing to himself, saying, what the hell do they mean snow, that's not snow ???. Two inches could shut down Ireland lol. Atb j   

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Meece said:

Nooooooooo. Don't do snow. It's cold, wet and is a pain in the .... everywhere.   We ain't got any and I  don't want any. Send your location and I'll  be out there  dancing around the totem pole. Whoping and wailing like a sambo redskin at a voodoo meeting to deflect the snow to anywhere else. Don't lick the yellow snow ice lollies.

A bit breezy but bright sunny blue sky at the mo.

Just a change from wind and rain would be nice. I like the cold weather, more so than the hot clammy sticky weather 

Atb j 

I came home and  took the spaniel out.  The poor blighter looked at me with an expression of.... "we haven't got to go round those muddy fields again have we.  And I don't reckon much on being hosed down when we come back !!  Even though I do get a warm shower afterwards ".  I thought,  "I'm with you on this one hound".  Sod it we'll stay home and you can use the lawn.  I don't like humid sticky heat but I  can take it out in the desert.  I wonder where at this moment in the world that it is nice just like a nice summer's day. And to anyone who says you a soft southerner ,  yep and I  bloody well love it. You can have my share of the cold and wet and wind and all the costs that go with it. I'll  Send you a postcard of me on an island with a juice in my hand and a shotgun in the other. You can send me a postcard showing you a sort of pink /blue, shivering with a damp outlòok. Roll on the summer and global warming.

Edited by Meece
2 minutes ago, Meece said:

I came home and  took the spaniel out.  The poor blighter looked at me with an expression of.... "we haven't got to go round those muddy fields again have we.  And I don't reckon much on being hosed down when we come back !!  Even though I do get a warm shower afterwards ".  I thought,  "I'm with you on this one hound".  Sod it we'll stay home and you can use the lawn.  I don't like humid sticky heat but I  can take it out in the desert.  I wonder where at this moment in the world that it is nice just like a nice summer's day. And to anyone who says you a soft southerner ,  yep and I  bloody well love it. You can have my share of the cold and wet and wind and all the costs that go with it. I'll  Send you a postcard of me on an island with a juice in my hand and a shotgun in the other. You can send me a postcard showing you a sort of pink /blue, shivering with a damp outlòok. Roll on the summer and global warming.

Here in Barcelona ?

Lovely outside today, around 20°C. 2-3 hours away and the ski resorts are in full swing. Mental.

4 minutes ago, jetro said:

That's classed as a heat wave here, with rain lol

Atb j 

It gets a lot warmer but the killer is the humidity. 35°C with 70-75% humidity, it wipes you out. 

Feeling like a ski day tomorrow now, all this talk about snow ?

Edited by mushroom
1 minute ago, mushroom said:

It gets a lot warmer but the killer is the humidity. 35°C with 70-75% humidity, it wipes you out. 

Feeling like a ski day tomorrow now, all this talk about snow ?

Are you living far from the coast mushroom. Bet it would be lovely by the sea in that weather

Atb j 

I'm about a mile or two inland, infront of the mountains, so it can really get a bit much in the summer. No breeze, hot as hell and humid.. when there's a bad weekend coming, I normally just piss off to the mountains and sleep in my hammock. 

Edited to add;

Or I go up the coast and bbq/sleep on the beach. Check out Cadeques, Roses etc lovely places and a lot cooler due to the water currents.

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, mushroom said:

Here in Barcelona ?

Lovely outside today, around 20°C. 2-3 hours away and the ski resorts are in full swing. Mental.

How lovely.  I was just thinking about walking along the main drag of Salou with the Mrs on a warm summer evening with the surrounding warmth. Or Chania or Palma about 6 o'clock . The heat seems more concentrated in the early evening  like when you open the oven door.  I'll take 36 /38 every day.  The hottest I've been in was about 45 out in the desert. But its what you get used to. Suddenly 36 seèms cold.  Still we mustn't complain it's 6 outside 15mph wind. And the rain is important because we will have a hosepipe ban in a few months and the garden needs it. !!

CHANIA. on CRETE.  Temp , time x2 date.    This was by the sea just outside chain town.  Up in the mountains it was a lot lot hotter during the day.

DSCN6394.JPG

DSCN6395.JPG

DSCN6395.JPG

DSCN6396.JPG

Edited by Meece
7 minutes ago, kinkell said:

4 rescued up Ben Nevis today involving 22 mountain rescuers in atrocious conditions 

No more than the swimmers and surfers, what goes through their minds, not much by the looks of it. Risking their and the rescuers lives. 

Atb j 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mushroom said:

I'm about a mile or two inland, infront of the mountains, so it can really get a bit much in the summer. No breeze, hot as hell and humid.. when there's a bad weekend coming, I normally just piss off to the mountains and sleep in my hammock. 

Edited to add;

Or I go up the coast and bbq/sleep on the beach. Check out Cadeques, Roses etc lovely places and a lot cooler due to the water currents.

cant wait to get down to Cadeques for snorkelling as soon as the water warms up, Illes Medes too. Only 6.5 hour drive from here

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, jetro said:

Just been looking at cadeques on line.

Looks like a very nice place, your a lucky man mushroom to have that so close to you.

Atb j 

Mountains and crazy beautiful beaches, all within a couple of hours of my gaff and Barcelona centre (Arc de Triomf) 15mins away.. can't complain ?

Edited by mushroom