I just couldn't take it any more!

I'm a sucker for autos. No correction, I'm a sucker for anything that shoots but automatic shotguns have been a lifelong affliction. It's a love affair that always turns sour and the bigger my belly gets the quicker it turns sour! 

You know where this is going....yes, searching for bloody empties that have been thrown anything up to ten feet away! I can't ignor them and whilst I search another birds sails over ?.

So a divorce was needed and in court (the local toy store) a deal was struck on a few o/u's. I'm not a wealthy man and I was very limited in choice. A classic doubles came very close on fit but just not enough cast off. Plus me and o/u's! I can't explain it. I just struggle to accept them. Don't get me wrong, I know they are better and when ever I shoot one they deliver but....I just don't like them. It's utterly stupid I know but hey.

Frustrated with me the shop owner told me to get lost in the armoury as I was boring him. In the armoury I started going through everything. I chuckled at the USSR made Baikal sxs hammer gun in excellent condition. The mint condition Beretta Tricentennial muzzleloader was lovely and never fired! Then I saw it! A mint never fired zabala sxs 3" ejector, multi choke. Beaver tailed forend.

Quite heavy for a sxs but ok on my limit of ideal weight.

It comes up perfect every time, that don't mean I connect every time but I can connect with it. My dog is still popping pheasants up for me and practicing getting on them with out shooting and the sight picture is perfect every time.

IMG_20200209_163638227.jpg.2d43f70e7e20932117bfae934db22988.jpg

The single trigger is a pain compared to a double trigger but I'll get use to it. Selecting a barrel via the safety is a pain compared to choosing a trigger!

And look, all the empties in one spot!

IMG_20200209_160551346.jpg.620b02dc88bc8ee9986f5d2d2d74bd09.jpg

That's my weekend news. It nice to be carrying a sxs again. ?.

SD.

• Like 9

picking/looking all over for cartridges is crap fun.. only down side to a good hide day!!

I can relate to the sxs I like them a lot more than o/u ive just got rid of mine and won't be getting another..

been promising myself for ages when im feeling flush and find one at the right price im having an aya no2

• Like 2

Amongst the dozen or more shotguns i own are an AYA yeoman, AYA No 3 and an AYA No 4 twenty bore. The yeoman i bought from my mates rfd shop for ninety pounds during the summer and i used it pigeoning. I was so taken with it i used it on every syndicate day bar one.

IMG_5240.JPG

IMG_5212.JPG

• Like 7
5 hours ago, ianm said:

Amongst the dozen or more shotguns i own are an AYA yeoman, AYA No 3 and an AYA No 4 twenty bore. The yeoman i bought from my mates rfd shop for ninety pounds during the summer and i used it pigeoning. I was so taken with it i used it on every syndicate day bar one.

IMG_5240.JPG

IMG_5212.JPG

I bet that 20g is petite and lovely?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ianm said:

IMG_5240.JPG

IMG_5212.JPG

Lovely looking dog too mate 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

I'm a sucker for autos. No correction, I'm a sucker for anything that shoots but automatic shotguns have been a lifelong affliction. It's a love affair that always turns sour and the bigger my belly gets the quicker it turns sour! 

You know where this is going....yes, searching for bloody empties that have been thrown anything up to ten feet away! I can't ignor them and whilst I search another birds sails over ?.

So a divorce was needed and in court (the local toy store) a deal was struck on a few o/u's. I'm not a wealthy man and I was very limited in choice. A classic doubles came very close on fit but just not enough cast off. Plus me and o/u's! I can't explain it. I just struggle to accept them. Don't get me wrong, I know they are better and when ever I shoot one they deliver but....I just don't like them. It's utterly stupid I know but hey.

Frustrated with me the shop owner told me to get lost in the armoury as I was boring him. In the armoury I started going through everything. I chuckled at the USSR made Baikal sxs hammer gun in excellent condition. The mint condition Beretta Tricentennial muzzleloader was lovely and never fired! Then I saw it! A mint never fired zabala sxs 3" ejector, multi choke. Beaver tailed forend.

Quite heavy for a sxs but ok on my limit of ideal weight.

It comes up perfect every time, that don't mean I connect every time but I can connect with it. My dog is still popping pheasants up for me and practicing getting on them with out shooting and the sight picture is perfect every time.

IMG_20200209_163638227.jpg.2d43f70e7e20932117bfae934db22988.jpg

The single trigger is a pain compared to a double trigger but I'll get use to it. Selecting a barrel via the safety is a pain compared to choosing a trigger!

And look, all the empties in one spot!

IMG_20200209_160551346.jpg.620b02dc88bc8ee9986f5d2d2d74bd09.jpg

That's my weekend news. It nice to be carrying a sxs again. ?.

SD.

You mean you like a double trigger I hate them ive a Ugertaghter  or what ever its called and always forget about the second trigger until its too late

6 minutes ago, sam r said:

You mean you like a double trigger I hate them ive a Ugertaghter  or what ever its called and always forget about the second trigger until its too late

No mate, I'm the other way. My brain is the selector and mechanism. Less to go wrong too! Not my brain the guns mechanism....although don't ask the wife!

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

No mate, I'm the other way. My brain is the selector and mechanism. Less to go wrong too! Not my brain the guns mechanism....although don't ask the wife!

just checking I know one bloke who wont shoot anything other than a sxs and its got to be twin trigger , hes got an o/u and used it once

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sam r said:

just checking I know one bloke who wont shoot anything other than a sxs and its got to be twin trigger , hes got an o/u and used it once

Thing is, so long as things fold up & fall from the sky when it goes bang and it makes you happy, then it don't matter if it's got two triggers or one trigger, which way round (or even just 1) the barrels are or if it cost £100 or £10,000. 

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

Thing is, so long as things fold up & fall from the sky when it goes bang and it makes you happy, then it don't matter if it's got two triggers or one trigger, which way round (or even just 1) the barrels are or if it cost £100 or £10,000. 

It doesn’t matter to me, I can miss with them all ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve got a AYA No 4 double trigger and I bought it because it looked lovely I love the old fashioned SxS look but can I hit anything with it no, I’ve often thought of getting rid and getting something else I was looking at a  Baikal MP153  it’s getting time to have a look to see what’s about.

22900E98-F55B-4D38-876E-7DF1311C8CCE.jpeg.24415ba299accb08a345f2780c0add30.jpeg

1 hour ago, BenBhoy said:

Agreed ,im not knocking him just what he likes ,he has a choice and his choice is a sxs

• Like 1