Bedlington greyhound

Yes Moocher

Like you I wouldn't want an adult dog ,even though I might feel sorry for them you just don't know what you are getting the only exception would be if I knew the dog well already like if it was a relations or friends .

Other than being dragged to prison kicking and screaming there is know way I would ever let a dog go, good or bad .

Luckily though I never had a world beater I never had a bad dog so far touch wood.

If your mate has a male pup going in the near future I would be interested, roughly what part of the world is your mate in  north ,south ,England ,Scotland  or Wales ?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A  pic of the 1/2 cross I had early 90s, he stood at 24” and could move . What id give to have him again . ?    

not being funny, but those and many other questions should have been  asked and answered before the mating was considered, let alone carried out.

My we bitch is just going into labour i hope and have 6 cracking homes working homes to go to.one for myself and if she has enough they will be given away to good quality homes that are waiting to hea

Posted Images

35 years ago I had seen and been out glamping with this cross and all 3 plus 1 which I owned till some dirt pinched her  were all decent  animals  although  from total different parents and ages they all seemed so true to type and could put proper shifts  and  so my experience  with them I never seen a bad one  very  easy to bring  on and up for anything that moved in the beam 

• Like 1
On 13/04/2020 at 21:11, low plains drifter said:

If you look back to the early saluki based coursing lurchers, they are said to have carried beddy blood, the woolly coat still comes through in some of today's dogs

The wooly coat is more likely to be attributed to the Saluki,i cannot see what Beddy in the mix would offer to a coursing type.

On 11/04/2020 at 10:46, Moocher71 said:

Always here digging stuff ? Bedlington terriers never bred for small earth work like in shires as they to big to get to fox never mind bolt him ?they bred for rock piles and large places like badger sets and this is were a good bedlington come into there own ,we don't work brock no more in uk but if it made legal the bedlington would be used a lot more to ground  like in some parts of Europe were they work brock ,pigs ,raccoon dog and deer and fox .

Thats possibly the most inaccurate post ive read on here,if you do not know about something don,t go to the trouble of making a cock out of yourself mucker.The Bedlington was bred in FOX country to work the fecking things,if it went in rocks its was worked accordingly,if it ventured into an old rabbit warren it was worked accordingly and any other haunt the fox sought refuge the terrier was expected to work.The Bedlington was not fecking bred in the shires,they had their own type terriers to work that part of the country.The Bedlington gained its niche amongst Lakelands,Fells and Borders,plus a few more we will never hear of again,the Beddy lost its way because of the KC brigade and the dirty mercenary dollar chasers.Its still heavily polluted by such and fools that know far more about the terrier than they actually know.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, morton said:

Thats possibly the most inaccurate post ive read on here,if you do not know about something don,t go to the trouble of making a cock out of yourself mucker.The Bedlington was bred in FOX country to work the fecking things,if it went in rocks its was worked accordingly,if it ventured into an old rabbit warren it was worked accordingly and any other haunt the fox sought refuge the terrier was expected to work.The Bedlington was not fecking bred in the shires,they had their own type terriers to work that part of the country.The Bedlington gained its niche amongst Lakelands,Fells and Borders,plus a few more we will never hear of again,the Beddy lost its way because of the KC brigade and the dirty mercenary dollar chasers.Its still heavily polluted by such and fools that know far more about the terrier than they actually know.

The KC had nothing to do with the Beddy not been used? If that’s the case, you could say the same about spaniels, labs, greyhounds, border collies. All of which excel at what there bred for. All off which have show stock in crufts. It’s the supposed working dog men breeding with show stock that’s ruined it. You wouldn’t get someone who likes showing beddy’s in crufts picking some scruffy fox hunting dog to breed with. Yet some terrier men will use a non tested dog to breed from. That’s there fault, not the KC brigade. 

• Like 2
On 18/04/2020 at 18:27, morton said:

The wooly coat is more likely to be attributed to the Saluki,i cannot see what Beddy in the mix would offer to a coursing type.

The coat type comes through in saluki lurchers, never seen it in saluki x greyhounds/ whippets etc , I would imagine way back when the first of the saluki blooded types came on the scene it would have been a case of lads crossing them with the lurchers that were around at the time rather than having plans to create what in some cases would become the best hare catching dogs around

IMG_20200420_101644.jpg

• Like 2

the bigger bitch is bedy lurcher x saluki, the pup is her to a whippet 1974 ish, I line bred them for almost 20 years all hare killers,and never bred one that was not smooth, the bitch in the first pic came down from her years later from a Leicester man. cocker bred some courser x beddygrey in recent years, I may well do the same.

037.JPG

040.JPG

Edited by two crows
  • Like 8
9 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

No way would terrier men turn the Bedlington into something that looks like a lamb.! 

They have by not using them without them knowing it’s happened with kc ??‍♂️It’s simple a dog that’s incapable of producing dogs that do the job will be dropped for dogs doing the job an producing the goods the problem with work bred bedlingtons is people chasing names in pedigrees an money there never going to produce worker after work or establish decent type because there so cut up on names an cash rather than if it’s actually worth breeding from there priorities lay in the wrong places 

14 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

Like a fox a beddy should be able to sqeeze into the tightest places ?

8ef7b78d-ce91-4761-880c-44afcd21554b.jpg

Should but when beddys range from 14tts up to 20tts there’s not going to be many getting to ground 

5 hours ago, two crows said:

the bigger bitch is bedy lurcher x saluki, the pup is her to a whippet 1974 ish, I line bred them for almost 20 years all hare killers,and never bred one that was not smooth, the bitch in the first pic came down from her years later from a Leicester man. cocker bred some courser x beddygrey in recent years, I may well do the same.

037.JPG

040.JPG

?