foxes and cats

If you notice around July August time lot of cats go missing I put it down to vixens taking cats for their fast growing Cubs especially urban foxes because field mice birds ect are not enough for them was asked to dig litter of Cubs on a farm few years back dug them with a terrier just behind the farm in one of the entrances was an orange and white cat along with usual bits of crow mice ect that farm is only half a mile from a small housing estate  

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

A big old Tom will be a match for a Fox most days I would say but for younger cats finding there way they will have it hard with the foxes 

those London cat things were definitely the work of foxes or stray dogs 

There were around 300 cats taken mate, would be more likely a pack of wolves than fox’s or feral dog?

1 hour ago, pengelli said:

If you notice around July August time lot of cats go missing I put it down to vixens taking cats for their fast growing Cubs especially urban foxes because field mice birds ect are not enough for them was asked to dig litter of Cubs on a farm few years back dug them with a terrier just behind the farm in one of the entrances was an orange and white cat along with usual bits of crow mice ect that farm is only half a mile from a small housing estate  

DCs video is the normal outcome of fox cat encounters it’s to much risk of injury to the fox to take a cat, I,ve killed a lot of feral cats over the years and they can make a mess of a good dog even ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

A big old Tom will be a match for a Fox most days I would say but for younger cats finding there way they will have it hard with the foxes 

those London cat things were definitely the work of foxes or stray dogs 

true mate, you get some big old Tom's  , that fight even big dogfox , i think most foxes prob leave them alone, save getting hurt to much . good vid though  , that fox didnt kill it quick though did it .?

1 hour ago, pengelli said:

DCs video is the normal outcome of fox cat encounters it’s to much risk of injury to the fox to take a cat, I,ve killed a lot of feral cats over the years and they can make a mess of a good dog even ?

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

You not think it was more the knack of a vulpine who’s adapted to killing them quickly ?? 

Would be surprised mate and I did speak to a couple of people who had lost cats up there and they were more mutilated than eaten, the official government report said it was fox’s but the people involved said it wasn’t and the police were just shirking there responsibility by blaming fox’s, bit of a mystery that one??? ??

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

my old American bulldog killed over 20 cats mate never made a mess of him

• Like 1
2 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

my old American bulldog killed over 20 cats mate never made a mess of him

I know of a lurcher years ago that was a escape artist was a renowned cat killer there was story’s locally that the dog had cleared the village of cats ?I know the owners of the dog well they told me the dog used to bring them home an leave them in the front garden they used to end up on the road ??

• Like 1

The worst one I ever had was in a scrap yard dog stuck it’s head in an old car and came out with a cat wrapped round her head, all four sets of claws and teeth stuck in, mind you we were still legal on everything back then and she was equaly as hard on fox and pigs so her face was a bit of a patch work by the time she passed, plus I was young and at it every day so probably had about 5 modern lifetimes worth of work ??