What a shame

Got a little non ped whippet for my nephew. When he was 17. His 1st dog. He did a cracking job with it. Was shaping up a good all round rabbit dog. Lad walked to my village everyday as it was kennelled here. Got a really good bond. Bitch loved him and he loved her. He took her out Lamping night before last. She's hit a rock at full pelt. Paralysed. Had to have her PTS. 1st time I ever seen lad cry. Gutted. She was only 18 month. RIP Star

Screenshot_20200207-190820~2.png

Screenshot_20200207-190839.png

Screenshot_20200207-190850~2.png

Screenshot_20200207-190900~2.png

Screenshot_20200207-190826~2.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

Horrible mate but the risks of working a dog. My pup is 10 month now and hate the thought of something like this. Someone sent me vids of a white runner up NE somewhere impaled on a cane. When see and hear of things like this it makes me wonder about taking her out.

Condolences to your nephew.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Say again said:

Got a little non ped whippet for my nephew. When he was 17. His 1st dog. He did a cracking job with it. Was shaping up a good all round rabbit dog. Lad walked to my village everyday as it was kennelled here. Got a really good bond. Bitch loved him and he loved her. He took her out Lamping night before last. She's hit a rock at full pelt. Paralysed. Had to have her PTS. 1st time I ever seen lad cry. Gutted. She was only 18 month. RIP Star

Screenshot_20200207-190820~2.png

Screenshot_20200207-190839.png

Screenshot_20200207-190850~2.png

Screenshot_20200207-190900~2.png

Screenshot_20200207-190826~2.png

That is a shame hope it's not put him off 

• Like 1

Bloody dogs will kill you, the little whippets really get under your skin with their devotion to their owners and easy to live with temperaments and are a true member of the family.Coupled with their bravery and daredevil attitude,one of the best hunting dogs ever bred imo.Only downside is they rip your heart out when things like this happen, R.I.P young Star.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Bloody dogs will kill you, the little whippets really get under your skin with their devotion to their owners and easy to live with temperaments and are a true member of the family.Coupled with their bravery and daredevil attitude,one of the best hunting dogs ever bred imo.Only downside is they rip your heart out when things like this happen, R.I.P young Star.

True words  . R I p star 

• Like 2

Sorry to hear this fella rip star. One thing it teaches you though out of such a very bad situation is every time you go out on the lamp you go out with a broad back an expect any thing to happen your always mentally prepared for the worst every time the dog takes a run after such a bad thing happening like this I feel for the lad I do but I’m sure with a decent mentor like your sen you won’t let the lad jack in an have him out an about with your runners and get him back on the horse an up an running again 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

spot on  mate above,, i had little bitch none ped 20in 20lb , true words they give there all deff , i hate reading these type posts, me old heart all ways sinks . But one thing if nothing else ive learnt from bloody running dogs, is get them out as little pups just after there jabs, so they can learn about all stuff they could bump into. Had Buck out from 9 weeks old, day/night  he used watch old bryn in the lamp, he knew about woods, etc the lot. i know some types are always full do or die like whippets and few pitxs , but at least if they out young , it might help them once there slipped on there quarry. hope the lad get over her and gets another runner .:yes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Say again said:

Thanks all. He knows/knew all risks. I've always told him from start. Think sometimes you just don't think it happen to you.  He's got a 7 month old saluki whippet greyhound bitch. He's out with it now. Just got to carry on

That's it can always remember the dog but cant stop something you love doing best way to get straight back out wish the lad all the best with this dog ?

• Like 2