Hello WEBLEY AXSOR .22 Goodbye DAYSTATE HUNTSMAN.

With Helen's Daystate Huntsman Classic. 177 PCP sitting in the cabinet for years now with next to no use at all and NO ONE  at all interested in buying it, I have done a deal to swap it directly for a .22 WEBLEY AXSOR. No cash trade in but a straight swap for another gun with a local dealer. It's a mint condition Webley Axsor .22

I'm really enjoying shooting the WEBLEY FX2000 .22 I have had for about 2 years and this other Axsor is in absolute mint-perfect condition walnut. Not a mark or chip on it anywhere.. It feels a tad lighter than the FX2000 and curiously, has no pressure guage in the stock. But that lovely bolt action and the overall quality of the rifle is very evident. 

Anybody here have one or used one? Always good to hear your thoughts gentlemen. They seem to have a fair following for what some might say, is an old Swedish air rifle.

Picking it up tomorrow. Saturday.

Three PCPs and Three spring rifles in my collection now. 

All the best Gentlemen.

Simon.

• Like 4

Any pics boss? If my memory is correct the Axsor runs on the same Raider framework which is no bad thing init. There’s a raider sitting on the self at Wragby guns, and Jesus Christ does it pull my eye when I walk in. Every sodding time. “I’ll do you a deal on it.. No. I’ve come for pellets” It’s the proper mk1 2 shot version too. I hate to say it these days, but with all this new tech coming about quicker than a rabbit on its mrs, and though that’s great, it’s all a bit samey, the older stuff is really becoming more appealing. 

• Like 2

I have an AGS litew8...

Which i believe is the same gun just different stock, brough new in 2004.

Have had numerous rabbits with it and a lovely rifle.

Shot count is only about 35-40 shots per fill though.

Exellent hunting gun... not a plinking gun.

My mate brought a bsa super10 at the same time and i was super jealous of the fact i had to pump mine up 6 times to his one.

FF

Get some pics up when you get it collected

• Like 1

The Webley Axsor Simon ?

Great gun buddy, very much like the Webley FX 2000 you already own but no gauge.

My mate had one down the range, I had very limited use but I did like it very much.

The saying " Old but pure gold" was said about the Axsor and her accuracy was absolutely spot on.:good:

A couple of years back I carried a huge itch for the RWS Excalibre and was an inch away from buying Jeff`s ( JJM) Excalibre but for my van breaking down I`d have had Jeff`s Excalibre :cray:, I think ( not sure) that Viz, Sean bought it ?

Good luck with her Simon, you've bought well mate ;)

atb. Mark.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, mark williams said:

The Webley Axsor Simon ?

Great gun buddy, very much like the Webley FX 2000 you already own but no gauge.

My mate had one down the range, I had very limited use but I did like it very much.

The saying " Old but pure gold" was said about the Axsor and her accuracy was absolutely spot on.:good:

A couple of years back I carried a huge itch for the RWS Excalibre and was an inch away from buying Jeff`s ( JJM) Excalibre but for my van breaking down I`d have had Jeff`s Excalibre :cray:, I think ( not sure) that Viz, Sean bought it ?

Good luck with her Simon, you've bought well mate ;)

atb. Mark.

You are correct Mark, that Excalibre was outstanding in everyway, and a rare carbine, jjm got it back off me , not sure where it is now ! Knowing jjm, it will be long gone.

I also had a full length Excalibre which was also faultless, as will Simon's axsor,  basically the same gun, a gun that will last forever if looked after.

• Like 3

Nice to hear of your new purchase! That rifles shared platform is amazing. Mega accurate and very simple. Easy to re seal yourself and I bet they will go up in value too. My excalibure held air forever,  no issues apart from the filler valve every few years, and once the cyl is empty of air its a 5 minute tiny o ring change. Very reliable a really great platform they are built on.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your responses lads. 

I got the Webley Axsor home this morning,  scoped her up, filled up and set to work ammo testing at 30 metres.  .22 Air Arms Fields 5.52mm proved the popular choice. Half inch groupsat 30 metres are no sweat here. And the power is the glass full! Once the rifle was filled to 200 bar and warmed up and leadenned with the AA Fields the target board was returning very tight groups and solid penetration. 

Some subtle differences between the two Webleys are....

This Axsor stock is a beautifully figured walnut. It may look outwardly  identical in outline to the beech FX2000 stock. But it is made to slightly slimmer proportions. The pistol grip is noticeably smaller and slender and it's a perfect feel in the hand. The beavertail forestock is noticeably slender too.

FX2000 grip is a bit more of a handful but both are beautiful to shoulder in the hand. The handling of both guns is faultless. AND these are unmodified right hand stocks and I'm a left hooker!

The Axsor has a longer cylinder and barrel. About a good inch and a half longer than the FX2000. And the Axsor needs a Male-to-Male adaptor to fit a moderator. It cracks off like a rimfire without one. But we'll sort that out this week. 

I am truly delighted with both rifles. Both have subtle differences. Both shoot with incredible smoothness and accuracy. 

Seems from what you fellows say, these guns were a tried and trusted design platform that built memorable shooting rifles under Webley, RWS and Logun. 

I can well believe the lads who regret selling their Axsors, FX2000s and Excaliburs. 

For a fellow like me, traditional, classical sporting rifle looks and handling, a precision accurate barrel and reliably consistent performance are all I look for in a rifle. A beautiful rifle to own that performs with superb, hard hitting accuracy. I just don't get what else could a chap possibly want?

These two are keepers. Never to be sold. If anything, I would be looking out for an Excalibur. 22 to compliment these fine rifles. I love that sleek,  schnabel stock they made for them.

These are going to be sought after when a lot of modern trends for Bullpups and bottlefeed whatnot have waned and classical elegance is desired again. 

I will get some photos up as soon as I can, of both my rifles. 

Thanks so much gentlemen for great feedback. Greatest group of shooting men I have ever known.

Simon. 

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

I’ve got a Webley Axsor carbine (short barrel) with scope and silencer. I’ve had it from new and I’ve never taken it out in the rain or layed it down on the dirt. Basically this gun is immaculate. My question is , how much is this worth as I’m considering selling it and getting something else. I also have a pump that I’ll be including in the sale which is also in great condition. I understand that a gun shop will want to make money on it so I need to know how much to ask for. 
Also if I did go ahead and sell it, what would be a worthy replacement. 

On 04/09/2020 at 00:47, Soho said:

I’ve got a Webley Axsor carbine (short barrel) with scope and silencer. I’ve had it from new and I’ve never taken it out in the rain or layed it down on the dirt. Basically this gun is immaculate. My question is , how much is this worth as I’m considering selling it and getting something else. I also have a pump that I’ll be including in the sale which is also in great condition. I understand that a gun shop will want to make money on it so I need to know how much to ask for. 
Also if I did go ahead and sell it, what would be a worthy replacement. 

Mint condition example Axsors and FX2000s are usually selling around the £300 to £350 mark Soho. And that usually includes a scope and perhaps a sling at least. 

I paid £350 for my FX2000 about 5 years ago and directly swapped my Daystate Huntsman Classic for my Axsor. The Daystate is almost worthless. Nobody wants these after so many poor experiences people have had with the rifle and the company. 

Both Webleys run off the same air bottle and share the same whip adaptor. Neither will ever be sold. They are both superbly performing .22 PCPs.

A worthy replacement? 

Air Arms S410 seems a cracking rifle. Not heard of any issues or problems from unhappy owners hereabouts. 

WEIHRAUCH HW100 seems to hold its own against all comers. 

Depends on what you like the look of really. 

Best regards. 

Simon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1