Garage heater...

38 minutes ago, Francie said:

That will eat the lecky @king, an the heat from them things are decent but it's an dry heat. 

No good you think mate. 

That little stove sid g linked looks a nice bit of kit.Could put a little kettle on top aswell.?

• Like 1

If its for a small space, then storage of fuel might be a big 'ask' electric dont require no storage. An extra jumper/hoodie & hat (self insulation) are probably the most economical solutions before insulation of the building

I made this some time back was told I would die and burn down my shed etc but here he is a Year or two on still providing free heat, having a man cave is about making good and making do, not going to Band Q for a plug in electric sapping heater, an old gas bottle an Ali road sign and a couple of combi boiler flues stuck together as a chimney, all picked up from skips, total cost probably about a fiver 

648A7EB4-287C-4CBD-A812-399B9AC539F3.jpeg

1416B2EA-BEA3-49B8-B67E-3E2EB1653598.jpeg

06E8F4F8-3E54-49EF-93BE-446DD738946C.jpeg

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 2

I have a diesel space heater in my workshop but I would say it’s well overkill for most normal uses.

greyman, I love the look of your gas bottle, I’ve been toying with that idea for a few years but never got around to it.

how do you find it works, have you got a griddle or ash pan or anything inside or just burn direct in the bottle, and what improvements would you make to it ?

18 minutes ago, socks said:

I need a space heater for the size of my lock up ... I’ve got 3 log burners of different sizes but they are not big enough for my lock up ......

I fell lucky, bought mine at a farm sale for a tenner, looked real clean and hardly used but a few folks tried to fire it up and it wouldn’t run.

got it back and diesel tank was half full of water, stripped it out, cleaned tank, and lines, new filter, runs like a dream, it heats my workshop that’s roughly 20m x 5m x 5m, sip fireball 215

• Like 1