Garage heater...

What are you using to heat your garages/sheds..

There's so many options.electric/log burner/them led quartz type instant heaters..and them gas old type with a clicker on them..

I can't make my mind up on what to go for..

21 minutes ago, Balaur said:

My mate heats his barn for working on car etc on red diesel space heaters, fired up a massive one last weekend its mega toasty and seemed to burn off the fume better than the small ones, you can also get them with a chimney to send fume out the building but it's not really on long enough to bother, he just sold one with a stack on.

Yea I've seen them in action.some serious heat comes out of them.

Way to big for me though balaur..

4 hours ago, king said:

What are you using to heat your garages/sheds..

There's so many options.electric/log burner/them led quartz type instant heaters..and them gas old type with a clicker on them..

I can't make my mind up on what to go for..

Look into making a drip feed oil burner piece of piss to make and if your changing oil in your garage it’s free to run, just need a bit of pipe and fittings a bowl and fan, you can convert an old wood burner if you have one or use an old gas bottle or oil drum if not ✌️✌️✌️

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Look into making a drip feed oil burner piece of piss to make and if your changing oil in your garage it’s free to run, just need a bit of pipe and fittings a bowl and fan, you can convert an old wood burner if you have one or use an old gas bottle or oil drum if not ✌️✌️✌️

he has baffled my head GM lol...

• Like 1

@king have you looked at the low wattage oil burning rads lad.

There ones there with 500 Watts, it only uses 5p an hour, they don't bang out loads of heat, but being able to keep them on all day, the shed will be warm, plus it uses next to nothing on electric. 

1 minute ago, Francie said:

@king have you looked at the low wattage oil burning rads lad.

There ones there with 500 Watts, it only uses 5p an hour, they don't bang out loads of heat, but being able to keep them on all day, the shed will be warm, plus it uses next to nothing on electric. 

i will look into them mate.its no good being cold in the garage if im changing a phone screen or something sitting around you got to be warm..

• Like 1

Burning anything has a lot of drawbacks and potential dangers.  The most dangerous effect is that direct flame is burning the oxygen that you breathe. Some bottles of gas give you a sore throat. Other bottles give you a splitting headache.  If you've got steel items such as lathes or anything like metal, they sweat with condensation when the temperature changes which makes stuff go rusty and paperwork goes damp and mouldy.  Also there is the risk of fire. Roll on global warming then none of it would be required. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, jok said:

I've a greenhouse heater languishing, unused and unloved, in the garage. It's paraffin. Certainly kicks out a glow. Jok.

Thanks for the offer jok. Its appreciated.

I'm going to go for 1 of these and see how I get on with it..

Screenshot_20200207-201224.jpg.ad7036f5fb04f131812436dcfe8e845d.jpg

12 hours ago, king said:

Thanks for the offer jok. Its appreciated.

I'm going to go for 1 of these and see how I get on with it..

Screenshot_20200207-201224.jpg.ad7036f5fb04f131812436dcfe8e845d.jpg

Feck me I was expecting some great build with accompanying photos, careful your fingers aren’t wet plugging it in ???

• Haha 1