Vote carefully Irish people

1 minute ago, WILF said:

Well there is in the C of E church in the UK mate, they all love a few quid no matter what they call themselves ! Lol 

That's true. 

What they do here is, as well as the plate, is send out this box of envelops, for you to put your money into. With holy days on differant colours for a bit extra.

What I can't understand is, it's the church's job so to speak, to save your soul, for God.  To help the sick and the suffering, the less fortunate and needy. They are supposedly to have less and give more, to thoes that need it.

But you have to pay, to baptise your child, for your marriage

, for a funeral,  and mass for the dead. 

Can't see what all that money has to with religion. 

Atb j 

• Like 4

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So who's in charge now, is Leo out?  The Irish language should be taught in schools, it's the native tongue after all, an it's no way dying out, there's a couple of good Irish schools in my area

I'll put it this way. My families name goes back to 1014 in this country, and I'm sure they spoke irish, and I'm not willing to let it die with me. My 7 week old granddaughter is spoken to in iri

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, jetro said:

That's true. 

What they do here is, as well as the plate, is send out this box of envelops, for you to put your money into. With holy days on differant colours for a bit extra.

What I can't understand is, it's the church's job so to speak, to save your soul, for God.  To help the sick and the suffering, the less fortunate and needy. They are supposedly to have less and give more, to thoes that need it.

But you have to pay, to baptise your child, for your marriage

, for a funeral,  and mass for the dead. 

Can't see what all that money has to with religion. 

Atb j 

It’s a scandal mate, 200 euro to say mass at your house and you have to feed every f****r too !!

We dont have that in England.

My old local priest was one of the nicest human beings you could ever meet.

His wife had died of cancer and he joined the priesthood, had a son and grand children.

I got on well with him, used to come round my house for a cup of tea and used to say “I have not seen you at mass” with a grin and I would grin back and say “trouble is, most Christians in your gaff ain’t that Christian father” and we would have a chuckle and that was that.

Never asked me for a penny, ever !

Now that lad understood how the world worked and he also understood the hypocrisy of those in his own establishment.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 3

Same here, local man, family, sons and daughters, wife dies he joins the priest hood. As you said, they know about real life. 

The local priest is a gentleman and would he help anyone. 

Yeah the stations at the house can be expensive, but a good party. Nearly died out here. 

The day my son did his conformation, the priest ask who I was, said he never seen me in church before, lol.

Back in the 80s we had the stations in the house. My old man went to get wallpaper, came back at 3am pissed, with a mate. They start to put it in their bedroom, for the confessions, my mother wouldn't get out of bed with temper, it was a circus. During confessions the following day, the paper started to fall off the walls lol.

My mother nearly died.

Atb j 

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, WILF said:

Now, this may be a controversial comment but for all the anti British sentiment in Ireland it was still British money that built most of it.

Why didn’t all those people stay and make the country function and a place the young people could stay ?

WILF your comment isn’t controversial it isn’t accurate.

British money had nothing to do with it, occupation was the reason. 

The amount of lives that where lost on coffin ships, men women and children that never seen green grass or the light of day again trying anything to get out of what was an absolute hell on earth ( which once was there home ) is what happened.

Any that made it few came back and you can’t blame them.

So they made lives elsewhere, Australia the USA anywhere just to live. 

Pawns in a game of chess.

Yet they built city’s all over the world and where valued everywhere they came and settled because they where good genuine people and grafters and made something out of nothing and didn’t complain.

Times have changed for the better and I hope everyone can live at peace. 

Unfortunately as history’s story tells its tale. 

Ireland unfree shall never be at peace.

Thats the reality.

1 minute ago, Steak knife said:

The amount of lives that where lost on coffin ships, men women and children that never seen green grass or the light of day again trying anything to get out of what was an absolute hell on earth ( which once was there home ) is what happened.

Yet they built city’s all over the world and where valued everywhere they came and settled because they where good genuine people and grafters and made something out of nothing and didn’t complain.

Thats the reality.

Lad used to go away every year to work on the sugar and you built most of Britain......all that money came back and built houses and paid for stuff in shops etc.

Thats what I meant, this was well after the 1920s 

Jetro understood.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Steak knife said:

Thats the reality.

See this is bullshit, Ireland unfree????? YS want 6 counties back from the uk to give it to Brussels??????? Yes great freedom pledge there steak knife

1 hour ago, big sid said:

if englands so great why are you two bum chums living in ireland.

England’s f****d socially, it whores itself to every c**t and nobody values anything.

However, that don’t detract from the fact that it was at one point one of the greatest nations on earth.......also, for its size, England has consistently punched way above its weight on the world stage for nearly a thousand years.

There bundles that great about England......it’s just that most Englishmen don’t give a f**k about any of it.

We were building cities when you jock c**ts were still living in holes and sliding it to Highland cattle when you got lonely ! ? ? 

Edited by WILF