Vote carefully Irish people

BREAKING NEWS: “We will vote in favour of a ban”: Sinn Fein announces that it is “opposed to foxhunting”.

Sinn Fein has announced that it is in favour of a ban on cruel fox hunting and will give its backing to future legislation to outlaw it.

Responding to correspondence from the Irish Council Against Blood Sports, party president Mary Lou McDonald TD today stated: “Sinn Fein is opposed to foxhunting and we will vote in favour of a ban at the next opportunity.”

ICABS welcomes this announcement and is renewing an appeal to the party to also support a ban on cruel hare coursing.

Deputy McDonald outlined that the party is not currently in favour of a ban on the bloodsport which involves snatching thousands of hares from the wild, holding them in captivity and using them as live lures for dogs to chase.

ICABS has brought to her attention the results of a recent RED C opinion poll which shows that a 77 per cent majority of Irish citizens want coursing banned, with a mere 9 per cent disagreeing with a ban. 

A petition urging Sinn Fein to back a coursing ban has been signed by over 66,000 people - https://www.change.org/p/sinn-fein-support-a-ban-on-cruel-hare-coursing

“Sinn Féin are currently developing a comprehensive policy on animal welfare, through consultation with our members and all stakeholders working and volunteering in this area,” Deputy McDonald revealed. “This work commenced before the election was called and will continue thereafter.”

In relation to greyhound racing, she commented that “Sinn Féin was extremely concerned by recent reports and investigations that exposed animal cruelty and the illegal doping of dogs in the greyhound industry and we believe that action needs to be taken to root these practices out of the industry.”  

She said that the party is “not opposed to funding for the industry in principle especially given its importance to rural Ireland”. Regardless, Sinn Fein TDs have voted against €65 million in state grants to greyhound racing in the past four years and against €262 million in funding for horse racing.

Sinn Fein's statement in support of a ban on foxhunting follows a similar announcement in 2018, when the party confirmed that it would support legislation aiming to ban fur farming in Ireland. Responding to an appeal from ICABS at the time, Mary Lou McDonald stated: "After consultation with our Policy Department, I can confirm that Sinn Féin passed a motion at an Ard Fheis a number of years ago to ban mink farming. I am therefore happy to confirm that we will be in a position to support the legislation when it is introduced at second stage."

Last week, the Irish Mirror reported that Sinn Fein was preparing to present a motion at Belfast City Hall declaring that the “display of caged animals in enclosures is wrong and unethical”.  A Sinn Fein councillor pushing for the closure of Belfast Zoo was quoted as saying: “The current treatment of animals for entertainment purposes should have no place in modern Belfast."

SEE ALSO

A RED C poll, commissioned by the Irish Council Against Blood Sports, reveals that a massive 77% agree that the government should BAN HARE COURSING. The opinion poll carried out in September found that just 9% disagree with a ban https://www.(!64.56:886/banbloodsports/posts/2513861852062691

Belfast Zoo facing closure as Sinn Féin says caging animals 'wrong and unethical'
https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/popular-zoo-facing-closure-sinn-21400714

ACTION ALERT

Please join us in urging Sinn Fein to respect the wishes of the majority and reinstate its previous anti-coursing policy.

Sinn Féin
44 Parnell Square
Dublin 1, Ireland
Tel: (353) 1 8726100/8726932
Email: admin@sinnfein.ie

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So who's in charge now, is Leo out?  The Irish language should be taught in schools, it's the native tongue after all, an it's no way dying out, there's a couple of good Irish schools in my area

I'll put it this way. My families name goes back to 1014 in this country, and I'm sure they spoke irish, and I'm not willing to let it die with me. My 7 week old granddaughter is spoken to in iri

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

BREAKING NEWS: “We will vote in favour of a ban”: Sinn Fein announces that it is “opposed to foxhunting”.

Sinn Fein has announced that it is in favour of a ban on cruel fox hunting and will give its backing to future legislation to outlaw it.

Responding to correspondence from the Irish Council Against Blood Sports, party president Mary Lou McDonald TD today stated: “Sinn Fein is opposed to foxhunting and we will vote in favour of a ban at the next opportunity.”

ICABS welcomes this announcement and is renewing an appeal to the party to also support a ban on cruel hare coursing.

Deputy McDonald outlined that the party is not currently in favour of a ban on the bloodsport which involves snatching thousands of hares from the wild, holding them in captivity and using them as live lures for dogs to chase.

ICABS has brought to her attention the results of a recent RED C opinion poll which shows that a 77 per cent majority of Irish citizens want coursing banned, with a mere 9 per cent disagreeing with a ban. 

A petition urging Sinn Fein to back a coursing ban has been signed by over 66,000 people - https://www.change.org/p/sinn-fein-support-a-ban-on-cruel-hare-coursing

“Sinn Féin are currently developing a comprehensive policy on animal welfare, through consultation with our members and all stakeholders working and volunteering in this area,” Deputy McDonald revealed. “This work commenced before the election was called and will continue thereafter.”

In relation to greyhound racing, she commented that “Sinn Féin was extremely concerned by recent reports and investigations that exposed animal cruelty and the illegal doping of dogs in the greyhound industry and we believe that action needs to be taken to root these practices out of the industry.”  

She said that the party is “not opposed to funding for the industry in principle especially given its importance to rural Ireland”. Regardless, Sinn Fein TDs have voted against €65 million in state grants to greyhound racing in the past four years and against €262 million in funding for horse racing.

Sinn Fein's statement in support of a ban on foxhunting follows a similar announcement in 2018, when the party confirmed that it would support legislation aiming to ban fur farming in Ireland. Responding to an appeal from ICABS at the time, Mary Lou McDonald stated: "After consultation with our Policy Department, I can confirm that Sinn Féin passed a motion at an Ard Fheis a number of years ago to ban mink farming. I am therefore happy to confirm that we will be in a position to support the legislation when it is introduced at second stage."

Last week, the Irish Mirror reported that Sinn Fein was preparing to present a motion at Belfast City Hall declaring that the “display of caged animals in enclosures is wrong and unethical”.  A Sinn Fein councillor pushing for the closure of Belfast Zoo was quoted as saying: “The current treatment of animals for entertainment purposes should have no place in modern Belfast."

SEE ALSO

A RED C poll, commissioned by the Irish Council Against Blood Sports, reveals that a massive 77% agree that the government should BAN HARE COURSING. The opinion poll carried out in September found that just 9% disagree with a ban https://www.(!64.56:886/banbloodsports/posts/2513861852062691

Belfast Zoo facing closure as Sinn Féin says caging animals 'wrong and unethical'
https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/popular-zoo-facing-closure-sinn-21400714

ACTION ALERT

Please join us in urging Sinn Fein to respect the wishes of the majority and reinstate its previous anti-coursing policy.

Sinn Féin
44 Parnell Square
Dublin 1, Ireland
Tel: (353) 1 8726100/8726932
Email: admin@sinnfein.ie

If them and the greens get in ,we are f****d.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Can I ask an honest question without it descending into sectarian diatribe ? 

But how can anybody take Sinn Fein seriously when they describe something as unethical ? 

Mate they never really wear taking seriously, I know fcuk all about politics, the only reason they have half a chance of getting into government is because people are sick of the current an pervious governments ruining the country and they want change and think Sinn Fein are going to give them that change

• Like 3

The Sinn Fein Oath

I swear by Almighty God, by all Heaven, by the Holy and Blessed Prayer Book, of the Roman Catholic Church, by the Holy Virgin Mary Mother of God, by her bitter tears and wailings, by St. Patrick, our Blessed and adorable Host, the Rosary, to fight until we die wading in the field of Red Gore of the Saxon tyrants and murderers of our glorious nationality, if spared to fight until not a single trace is left to tell that the Holy Soil of Ireland were trodden by these Heretics. Also these Protestant robbers and Brutes, these unbelievers of our Faith, will be driven like the swine they are into the sea, by fire, the knife or by Poison Cup until we of the Catholic Faith and avowed supporters of the Sinn Fein Action and Principles, clear these Heretics from our lands.

Age is not to be considered in our Blessed Deeds of extermination of Brutes who in the Past Ages robbed many of our Blessed Churches. We must shed streams of Blood of these tyrants to again claim our Holy places. Report to our Blessed Priests regularly upon all works and business transaction of any kind.

At any cost we must work in secret, using any method of Deception to gain our ends, towards the destruction of all Protestants and the advance of the Priesthood and the Catholic Faith until the Pope is complete ruler of the whole World.

Our beloved Ireland has been held in chains by these cursed foreign Tyrants for ages, now we can see the end of their Power.

We must strike at every opportunity using all methods of causing ill-feeling within the Protestant Ranks, and in their Business. The employment of any means will be Blessed by our earthly Fathers the Priests, thrice Blessed by His Holiness the Pope.

Scotland must also be swept clean of their accursed beliefs by the extermination of all Masonic and all such bodies, as do not accept our Creed must Perish, as before the days of the accursed Reformation.

So shall we of the Roman Catholic Church and Faith destroy with smiles and Thanksgiving to our Holy Father the Pope all who reject our beliefs.

So help me God.

Wonder if that's there true oath of allegiance..

Sinn Fein are also meant to pledge their allegiance to the IRA army council and pledge they'll take orders from them ... Why would any one vote for anybody who are run by terrorists , 

48 minutes ago, Chid said:

The Sinn Fein Oath

I swear by Almighty God, by all Heaven, by the Holy and Blessed Prayer Book, of the Roman Catholic Church, by the Holy Virgin Mary Mother of God, by her bitter tears and wailings, by St. Patrick, our Blessed and adorable Host, the Rosary, to fight until we die wading in the field of Red Gore of the Saxon tyrants and murderers of our glorious nationality, if spared to fight until not a single trace is left to tell that the Holy Soil of Ireland were trodden by these Heretics. Also these Protestant robbers and Brutes, these unbelievers of our Faith, will be driven like the swine they are into the sea, by fire, the knife or by Poison Cup until we of the Catholic Faith and avowed supporters of the Sinn Fein Action and Principles, clear these Heretics from our lands.

Age is not to be considered in our Blessed Deeds of extermination of Brutes who in the Past Ages robbed many of our Blessed Churches. We must shed streams of Blood of these tyrants to again claim our Holy places. Report to our Blessed Priests regularly upon all works and business transaction of any kind.

At any cost we must work in secret, using any method of Deception to gain our ends, towards the destruction of all Protestants and the advance of the Priesthood and the Catholic Faith until the Pope is complete ruler of the whole World.

Our beloved Ireland has been held in chains by these cursed foreign Tyrants for ages, now we can see the end of their Power.

We must strike at every opportunity using all methods of causing ill-feeling within the Protestant Ranks, and in their Business. The employment of any means will be Blessed by our earthly Fathers the Priests, thrice Blessed by His Holiness the Pope.

Scotland must also be swept clean of their accursed beliefs by the extermination of all Masonic and all such bodies, as do not accept our Creed must Perish, as before the days of the accursed Reformation.

So shall we of the Roman Catholic Church and Faith destroy with smiles and Thanksgiving to our Holy Father the Pope all who reject our beliefs.

So help me God.

Wonder if that's there true oath of allegiance..

Sinn Fein are also meant to pledge their allegiance to the IRA army council and pledge they'll take orders from them ... Why would any one vote for anybody who are run by terrorists , 

where did you find this ''oath'' chid?  find it strange a piece of literature like this would be about ,lol but there it is in black and white 

Sinn Féin Justice Spokesperson Aengus Ó Snodaigh TD has said the Criminal Justice Bill 2009 will not address gangland crime but represents a welcome development in terms of prudent gun control. Deputy Ó Snodaigh said the Bill will help prevent the development of a gun culture in Ireland while ensuring that Ireland continues to be proudly represented by talented target shooters at Olympic type events into the future.

Speaking at Committee stage of the Bill Deputy Ó Snodaigh said, “The new firearms provisions contained in this Bill will not address gangland crime but they do represent a welcome development in terms of prudent gun control.

“The Bill bans high calibre handguns while allowing lower calibre handguns for use in sports recognised by the Olympic Committee to continue to be licensed. I believe both the sporting tradition and the public at large should welcome this Bill.

“I am proposing a number of amendments including that any future further prohibitions of firearms types by the Minister be brought before the Oireachtas Justice Committee so that the implications, if any, for sporting activities can be properly considered and debated in advance.

“By banning high calibre handguns and the so-called sports involving combat based simulations and by introducing a more comprehensive and effective licensing regime for all other firearms this Bill will help prevent the development of a gun culture and perhaps reduce the shameful instances of Irish people acting as mercenaries and interfering with democratic processes abroad while ensuring that Ireland continues to be proudly represented by talented target shooters at Olympic type events into the future.

“In addition I called on the Minister today to investigate the potential for forensic testing and recording of licensed firearms in the future and the possibility of pursuing a measure at EU level for the mandatory GPS chipping of firearms during the manufacturing stage.” ENDS
Grizzly 45 is offline Report Post  

59 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

where did you find this ''oath'' chid?  find it strange a piece of literature like this would be about ,lol but there it is in black and white 

It's been going round for ages along with a fact (true or not I don't know) that they sign a declaration that they won't do anything without the say so of the IRA army council)

Watching the debate last night Mary Lou avoided giving a straight answer on the central criminal courts and not acknowledging their continuous use in the sentencing of serious criminals and crimes, she side stepped the issue, 

Just one canveser came knocking on my door. She didn't have any answers to my questions and didnt want to hear what I had to say. 

How do they expect to get people's votes when their not willing to talk to the people. 

Atb j 

9 hours ago, jigsaw said:

It’s bullshit jigsaw. ?
Been doing the rounds for years.

Prod propaganda. 

• Like 2